• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest AZOne: BIG$MONEY$TOURNAMENT Jan. 6th.

forward

Smash Champion
When: January 6th 2007, the date is set. Registration is at 11, tourney starts at 12

Entrance Fee: 10$ per single. 20$ per team.

Where: Mesa/Phoenix, Arizona. La Casida Recreation. 2719 South Reyes. Mesa, AZ 85202

What: A singles and doubles tournament in wonderful AZ. Featuring the best of AZ. Expect 50-60 local players, plus support from neighboring states such as Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.

Free housing, rides to and from the airport, and of course to the tourney itself.

Finals and highlighted matches will be displayed on a projector screen, and when you get AZ watching your matches crazy sh*t is guarenteed.

We have a microphone for the place, so don't worry about missing out on any of your matches or the ones you want to watch.

I would love to feed everyone lunch and I will try my best to do so, no promises tho.

Money: I am throwing in a 100$ into the pot out of my own pocket. This may increase depending on my own salary, and support from the community. Pay will go to Top 5.

Prize money predictions: An attendance of 60 people will turn out results like this.

1st: 240 + $100 bonus = 340
2nd: 150
3rd: 90
4th: 60
5th: 30
5th: 30

Rules: I am still deciding if there will be pools or not. But during bracket play it will be best 2 of 3. Finals will be best 3 of 5.

4 stock, 8min time limit.

Random stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD.

Counter pick stages: None

Each person may choose to strike a stage from random select, but it will not be banned from the entire set.

Loser chooses stage from the 6 random stages. Winner can then change character, Loser may then change character.

You may pick the same stage in a set if you lost on the stage. You may not play on the stage that you won on unless the opponent aggrees.

One of the best ways to draw competition is if the big name competition is known. If you are a well-known player and plan on attending this, let me know, I'm making a list.

Big names:
Forward
Taj
Demised
Zelgadis
Edreese
Azeem
DieSuperFly
The Real HuGs
The REAL Real HuGs
BloodoftheFallen
Zarelid
Wobbles

Blind

Honorbound
I have a big name. It's liek, ten letters long.
1H
2O
3N
4O
5R
6B
7O
8U
9N
10D.

See?

Bam.

Oh, I'm gonna be in town for this right? I hope so. I'd best.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i dunno if ill play in this one... 80 is a bit much for me for a tournament i know i probably wont be able to win (granted i still have months to get better...which i will, muhuahahaha) and for 80$ is there gonna be free **** like oc2 had? that would be da shiz...wiz...lol

forward

Smash Champion
SOUTH PAW: It's 80$ a day for us to rent out, not you. The entry fee will probably be 10$ for singles and 15-20 for doubles.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
me and Erich, will try to show.

Norwalk

Smash Rookie
Do you think zel could like...wave shine a girl so hard he gets her pregnant? Cause im pretty sure he can.

navillus

Smash Apprentice
so taj, forward, and blood of the fallen are all gonna be there? ok i hear they are "the" people to play in az...... awesome yes... cant wait....

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
LoL chucky

I ****ing hate you...

You should go to MLG Nationals and argue with them that you are in fact the REAL hugs and see if they let you enter the competition. It'd be too good if they did. Haha

*Hides back in his corner*

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Since I'm in a giving away money mood I'm up for some MM's at this tourney. Here is a little list of matches I'd like to do.

Goat- $5 Link ditto
Shiv- $5 Fox ditto
Kid- $5 Samus ditto
If HugS actually comes $5 Samus ditto (more like Samus training)
Taj/Forward/Or whoever $5 Pichu ditto
More to come when I think of them.

Smash Cadet
Meh, I'm close by; I'll bring my crew .. (not that anyone cares xD)
5748 (Stabt) until you Krai FTW!

Top Bottom