• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Post a quote of a n00b saying something really stupid about SSBM. Here's mine.

"What did you say?Did you call me a n00b?I could destroy you!Who cares about those Baby Moves like Wave Dashing and junk!I could beat you with just simple attacks!"

:laugh:

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
Once when I selected Sheik;

'What? That's not Zelda! How can you cheat to make a new character? It's not fair!'

then later, after I'd explained;

'Just because you changed one of Zelda's attacks doesn't make this Sheep character legal.'

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
"Those vids you posted are obviously fake, look at how fast they move after Falco's down B, normally you have lag of atleast 1 second, on top of that the editing is bad and its boring to *yawn*"

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
"Dash Dancing has no use, if u do it on the other side of the stage they will just see u coming after, and if u do it next to them they will just fsmash you."

my friend tries to do over flashy things and when he lost a stock from beam canceling in the middle of FD while coming down (bomb jumping down i might add) from a hit, the person he was playin easily saw through it and took the stock. he then tried to say it was a mind game, and that there is no point in dash dancing.

Mars-

Smash Champion
"Dash Dancing has no use, if u do it on the other side of the stage they will just see u coming after, and if u do it next to them they will just fsmash you."

my friend tries to do over flashy things and when he lost a stock from beam canceling in the middle of FD while coming down (bomb jumping down i might add) from a hit, the person he was playin easily saw through it and took the stock. he then tried to say it was a mind game, and that there is no point in dash dancing.
The dumbest thing... Hmmm.

"Beam canceling is usless."

Charging up a charged shot is spamming missiles.

"There is lag out of a bomb jump."

"Samus is the most skilless character in the game."

Ohh yeah and my favorite.

One second I hear, stop spamming missiles, next thing I hear is, "It's not really spamming missiles as much as it is standing on the opposite side of the field not doing any thing, and then running away." If he was paying attention then he would have noticed both of them just died, and smart people usually run away from invincible people.

To reply to this quote, I did a beam cancel, tried to spike my opponent out of the bomb jump, but obviously Marth's dair has more priority then, samus's dair, and when I got hit he said it was because I was lagging from the beam cancel. LOL. If you want proof:
Bomb Jump Form:
While in this form the same physics of the MorphBall apply. But you can interrupt this form as soon as you enter it with any attack.
Taken respectfully from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59039
This guy thinks he is a samus pro because he used to play samus, and yet he only beats me one on one 1 out of about every 7 times. There is a reason you quit samus, maybe because you weren't good?

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
"I can recover from a shine spike"

"If you keep doing that wavedashing stuff, I'm just going to hit you in the lag"

"Wavedashing is a cheap move"

"L cancelling doesn't even make a difference on lag"

And my favorite...

"Falco is faster than Fox"

Chewbacca35

Smash Cadet
I don't think that wavedashing is cheap, but if you can't win without using L-Cancelling and wavedashing and fancy stuff like that, then you really aren't that good. I know how to use those techniques, but I rarely, if ever, use them, and I've won two tournaments.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I don't think that wavedashing is cheap, but if you can't win without using L-Cancelling and wavedashing and fancy stuff like that, then you really aren't that good. I know how to use those techniques, but I rarely, if ever, use them, and I've won two tournaments.
Come to MLG saying that, and see what place you get.

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean, Falco does look faster than Fox. Falco is, afterall, a faster-faller.
His running speed isn't quite as fast, but his combo execution and move's flow does seem faster.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
"Shut the **** up. Ness sux, PK Thunder sux ***..."

Lol, this guy is a loser.:laugh: I can specify who it is even

"Jigglypuff sux"

"IC are cheap because they have ice"

:rotfl: Expecting "because there are 2 of them" weren't you?

"All that teching, WDing, Shuffling, DjCing, DD, etc. is pointless/cheap.

And my favorite...

"Fox is good"

:lol: j/k

EDIT: I woke up glued to the wall.:veryconfu

Samochan

Smash Master
You know, wavedashing is not a neccesity (just look at Aniki), but L-cancel definitely is, unless you want to get shieldgrabbed 100% of the time you try to land an aerial. :/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The dumbest thing... Hmmm.

"Beam canceling is usless."

Charging up a charged shot is spamming missiles.

"There is lag out of a bomb jump."

"Samus is the most skilless character in the game."

Ohh yeah and my favorite.

One second I hear, stop spamming missiles, next thing I hear is, "It's not really spamming missiles as much as it is standing on the opposite side of the field not doing any thing, and then running away." If he was paying attention then he would have noticed both of them just died, and smart people usually run away from invincible people.

To reply to this quote, I did a beam cancel, tried to spike my opponent out of the bomb jump, but obviously Marth's dair has more priority then, samus's dair, and when I got hit he said it was because I was lagging from the beam cancel. LOL. If you want proof:
Bomb Jump Form:
While in this form the same physics of the MorphBall apply. But you can interrupt this form as soon as you enter it with any attack.
Taken respectfully from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59039
This guy thinks he is a samus pro because he used to play samus, and yet he only beats me one on one 1 out of about every 7 times. There is a reason you quit samus, maybe because you weren't good?

umm no u didnt. josh and brendan were fighting, u got hit up from something and for no reason u do a beam cancel and i pointed out that u shouldnt have kept yourself in the air longer than u needed to because all brendan did was jump up and hit u once to kill u.

beam canceling is pretty useless, at least the way u use it. how many times that day did u die because of your beam canceling?

i dont believe anyone in our group (at least around me) has said samus was the most skillless character in the game.

and in ffa, all u do is spam, run away, charge up, spam run away, spam charge up, ect ect. and i never mained samus, but i do know the basics.

if u want to 1v1 ill beat u tomorrow. u do not beat me "1 out of 7 times". its pretty 50/50, though usually i only lose on my bad days. Do u not remember that one ffa game, u spammed the whole time while we fought, u had 3 stocks left i had one, and i owned u? what happened there? and i believe the last time we played i beat u.

edit:: oh yea, probably the funniest quote was one brendan told me. You said that u were angry because u couldnt get samus' nair to go through marth's sword. ITS CALLED A DISJOINTED HITBOX.

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
I think he meant that Falco falls faster.
Agh, you're correct. I misread "faster -faller" for fast-faller. *Ahem*

Anyway, the dumbest thing I've ever heard is not actually about smash brothers, but what my friend said about himself playing it: "I'm not bad, I just like to have fun!" . . . He's really bad... lol... You had to be there for it to be funny... Shut up... Go away... >_>

Smash Master
"Fox sucks" This quote came from a Sheik-maining noob who thought he was great because he could beat all his noob friends. He liked to play slo-mo melee for some reason. I was glad because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to introduce him to waveshine. My fingers aren't too fast :(

Mars-

Smash Champion
umm no u didnt. josh and brendan were fighting, u got hit up from something and for no reason u do a beam cancel and i pointed out that u shouldnt have kept yourself in the air longer than u needed to because all brendan did was jump up and hit u once to kill u.
You see thats what you call edge guarding. I would have had less of a chance getting back on not beam canceling, then doing it.

beam canceling is pretty useless, at least the way u use it. how many times that day did u die because of your beam canceling?
Tell me the useful way? I'll have to find you some more proof that pros use beam cancel for recovery, infact, I can show you a match were wes uses it right next to two people. I find it funny how you and Josh alway find "flaws" in my stategy after you lost.

i dont believe anyone in our group (at least around me) has said samus was the most skillless character in the game.
Yes I beleive that was you after we got done in our best of 3.

and in ffa, all u do is spam, run away, charge up, spam run away, spam charge up, ect ect. and i never mained samus, but i do know the basics.
Lol I remember Trevor was watching us play and he was making fun of you for how you say this. lol. Key word, basics. If nobody comes after me, I won't fight. Simple way to solve that, come after me. Its really not that hard. Also I never run unless there is a reason for it. Want some proof? You are always saying, "why does it feel like Shayne is singling me out?"

if u want to 1v1 ill beat u tomorrow. u do not beat me "1 out of 7 times". its pretty 50/50, though usually i only lose on my bad days. Do u not remember that one ffa game, u spammed the whole time while we fought, u had 3 stocks left i had one, and i owned u? what happened there? and i believe the last time we played i beat u..
I know I don't beat you 1 out of 7 times, you beat me 1 out of 7 times. Anyway tomorrow I will be going to the gym for a couple of hours, and then I gotta work on a project, but maybe on the weekend we can fight. As for that 3 life catch up, even Brendan saw that I wasn't trying to win.

Anyway, final word, Samus is a playable character, if I'm soo hard to beat, take up samus. In the words of Oz's brother, "It depends on the player when it is best to do something". I will never tell you how to play marth, or falco, because I know that you know more then me. Sometimes people like to be treated the same way back:) If you want to talk more, I'm on aim.

REØ

Smash Lord
"ness is so good, why isnt he in top tier!!11!11!"

"Pk Thunder is better than the shine!11!"

REØ

Smash Lord
do you see simna anywhere in this thread? and where have i called him a newb.

its so obvious i was refering to earthbound360 who thinks ness is way better than fox

HylianLord

Smash Ace
"triforce of wisdom isn't working... T_T" ~from a zelda player ^^

oh yea, during a school tourny, these guys were talking about their ultimate technique that seperates them from everyone else... shield rolling!!! see what you do is you shield.... let them hit you... then roll... and repeat...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
"____ is cheap."

Fill blank with Marth, Fsmash, You, combos, blah blah. I've even heard that Yoshi's DownB was cheap. Noobs lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You see thats what you call edge guarding. I would have had less of a chance getting back on not beam canceling, then doing it.

Tell me the useful way? I'll have to find you some more proof that pros use beam cancel for recovery, infact, I can show you a match were wes uses it right next to two people. I find it funny how you and Josh alway find "flaws" in my stategy after you lost.

Yes I beleive that was you after we got done in our best of 3.

Lol I remember Trevor was watching us play and he was making fun of you for how you say this. lol. Key word, basics. If nobody comes after me, I won't fight. Simple way to solve that, come after me. Its really not that hard. Also I never run unless there is a reason for it. Want some proof? You are always saying, "why does it feel like Shayne is singling me out?"

I know I don't beat you 1 out of 7 times, you beat me 1 out of 7 times. Anyway tomorrow I will be going to the gym for a couple of hours, and then I gotta work on a project, but maybe on the weekend we can fight. As for that 3 life catch up, even Brendan saw that I wasn't trying to win.

Anyway, final word, Samus is a playable character, if I'm soo hard to beat, take up samus. In the words of Oz's brother, "It depends on the player when it is best to do something". I will never tell you how to play marth, or falco, because I know that you know more then me. Sometimes people like to be treated the same way back:) If you want to talk more, I'm on aim.
u need to learn how to take criticism and use it. at the beam canceling thing, i just said "hey u shouldnt have done that, it kept u in the air longer than u needed" and u got all defensive and started attacking me. and btw, u werent recovering, u were IN THE MIDDLE OF FD. brendan jumped up and hit u.

and yes, beam canceling CAN be a mindgame, if u do it maybe ONCE in a match. u seem to do it every other time, and it gets very easy to predict, removing the surprise factor that makes it a mindgame.

in FFA u either chase me around the whole time when im just trying to have fun in a brawl, or u run away the whole time an spam. try just brawling with people, its more fun. the reason for the ffa is for fun. as far as i know none of us really care who wins or loses ffa's

edit:: another funny quote:
me: okay, low tier only!
*mars picks falcon, but none of us realize until the match started*
us: hey falcon isnt low tier!
mars: yes he is, he sucks!

Sytar

Smash Ace
do you see simna anywhere in this thread? and where have i called him a newb.

its so obvious i was refering to earthbound360 who thinks ness is way better than fox
Haha, Simna has said that Ness is God tier many, many times. Him and his fanatical love for Ness.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
"Stop attacking me"
"Stop grabbing me"
"Screenshot or it never happened"
"Wow, you're such a noob, stop wave dashing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom