• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
That's so obvious. (the 3rd time I've used it successfully on them)

I play Ganon/Fox/CF/Ness/Samus. Everytime I play with a friend, he says that they're overpowered. Ganon's Uair, Fox's Usmash, CF's Knee, Samus's missles...he's joking, of course, but today it came to it's peak when I killed him 3 times using Ness's third jump.

'Dammit, Sensai, YOU'RE overpowered.'

I laughed for a while, and probably lost the next few games 'cause I was chuckling so hard.

the_difinitive_cad

Smash Rookie
"you know, mewtwo actually is pretty good, if used right probly the best character. Almost all of his moves counter mine."

I was versing my noob friend when he said this, he was falco, i was mewtwo. When he said that I was like "WTF!!! you know, you don't have to walk into my smashes"

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
"god your a F*cking cheap *****, all you do is sit there and wait for me" ~my friend~

He just constantly charges me mindlessly, so I simply play defensively. Which results in him being pwned. He don't play so much anymore. :laugh:

Infamous_V

Smash Rookie
"Oi, this is a HELL button mashing game huh?"

Followed by them getting pwned

This also isn't something someone said, but it's always funny.

Throwing a mine and telling a n00b to step on it "cause it's a teleporter". Hilarious

Eci4

Smash Ace
I have a friend now that we just started playing with (we just met him, he played before we met...) well, every time any of us edgegaurd he calls us cheap...

I dunno, its not really funny, but how the hell is edgegaurding cheap?! I mean I barely even ever edgehog this kid, and if anything is cheap, it's edgehogging (although I don't think it is, but I'd rather be gaurded than hogged)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
"I don't like Fox's reflector. It seems really useless"

"What? why?"

"All it does is reflect things"

I laughed astoundedly for awhile at that, but he was hardcore noob as well as a really good friend of mine so I quickly explained to him that it's the single best move in the game.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Funniest thing ever said by noob....man that's tough....wait, I know

"Pills suck, just like lasers and all other projectiles"

LemonManX

Smash Lord
"Why do you play as Marth and Roy? Just play Roy... he's so much stronger than that sissy Marth."

Probably something similar mentioned by someone else in this thread... but after hearing this, I was just astounded... I gave them the benefit of the doubt because, well they were a n00b, but thats not to say it was hilarious at the time.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
"Ganondorf is broken" No, I'm broken..

"Super Smash Bros. Melee only focused on graphics, and the graphics aren't that good" Noob, STFU..

"Ganon's fair has such long range" OH?! I didn't know I played Omega Tom Hanks!!!!!

"You play any high tiers?" No noob, I'd rather stick to playing with someone I actually want to learn, not use because I read that stupid tier based crap.

"L-Cancel is pointless" Weren't you the one who asked me why I was fast with Ganon? Foob.

TWP

Smash Ace
my all time favorite : "how the **** did you just kill me at 7%"

other worthy ones : "Do you seriously have no life"
"No wonder you're single"
"C-stick is cheap dude, stop it"
"DUUUDDDEEEE" <-had to mention 7oC famous phrase.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
"Ill pick ganon because he has gannon punch attack"

"Id show you how good I was if you just stayed still and let me hit you"

"Turn off lightning melee for your character"

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Alright guys, I'm a n00b, so I'm going to give you something to laugh at right here. I purchased a gamecube 4 days ago, and have been analyzing SSBM on youtube, googlevideo, IGN SSBM Guide, and just talking to friends about it. The last time I played SSBM, or heck, the last time I touched a gamecube was years ago (I can't even remember the last time). My friend is holding a friendly tournament at his house with about 8 other local smashers in late December and early January. Now this is what you'll probably find hilarious:

I'm going to beat the best player using his two best characters against his two best players (Shiek and Ganondorf). THEN I'm going to beat them both with Mewtwo, which is in the bottom tier. :p

Oh, and I'll of course win the 1v1 tournament.

I'm already referring to the two worst players of the 8 as rookies... and I have yet to prove myself yet as anything other than a complete newb. :D

zombie7775

Smash Lord
If you came to perrysburg during dweller and my tournament you would of herd a lot of the above. Most of it had things to do with wavedashing.

One kid even yelled out "Isnt wavedashing illegal in tournaments".

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
my fav:

"sheilding is so ******* cheap"

said by my friend's girlfriend (nothing against female smashers -- she is not representative), who refused to either sheild or grab and was seriously angry that others wouldn't do the same.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
lol cool thread
i got a 'ofcourse you can L-Cancel b moves...'
and a 'air dodge regenerates shield'
... *trying to remember* ...
ugh maybe later

Vall3y

Smash Lord
OH I REMEMBER
i saw on youtube .. im pretty sure that was a bombsoldier match .. a comment by a noob:
'yeah thats a nice trick speeding the video up to make them look faster'
LOL :laugh:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:rotfl:
Just today, some kid who I invited to come over and play with:

Okay, I'm an expert, so no Johns.
*I win*
Well, you only won because this isn't my controller, and we weren't using items...

Me::joyful:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
On the IGN smash boards I saw this noob say he could beat anybody just by tapping buttons. He said "All I have to do is press A A A, B B B, C C C." What a retart! There isn't even a c button! You can't press it!

COEY

Smash Lord
"Roy's better than marth as his charge B attack is sooo much stronger and all you have to do is use it near the edge and your opponent cant do a thing."

But when i say a n00b said it, in fact n00bs said it i.e. almost every person i've met at uni who has played smash! I'm sick of it.

Oh and "fox is better than falco!" XD

Aiser

Smash Lord
youtube

"Germ can beat any link player, all you haters are just jealous."
Me: "thats why he lost to p.c chris in link dittos? lol aniki > germ"
"SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!? HE COULD COME BACK AND WIN AGAIN!"

made my day, lol.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
ROFL Aiser

I seem to get this alot:
"I'm pretty sure Roy is better Marth"
and we can't possible forgot this phrase back when it was serious:
"Roy has fire!"

Mars-

Smash Champion
u need to learn how to take criticism and use it. at the beam canceling thing, i just said "hey u shouldnt have done that, it kept u in the air longer than u needed" and u got all defensive and started attacking me. and btw, u werent recovering, u were IN THE MIDDLE OF FD. brendan jumped up and hit u.

and yes, beam canceling CAN be a mindgame, if u do it maybe ONCE in a match. u seem to do it every other time, and it gets very easy to predict, removing the surprise factor that makes it a mindgame.

in FFA u either chase me around the whole time when im just trying to have fun in a brawl, or u run away the whole time an spam. try just brawling with people, its more fun. the reason for the ffa is for fun. as far as i know none of us really care who wins or loses ffa's

edit:: another funny quote:
me: okay, low tier only!
*mars picks falcon, but none of us realize until the match started*
us: hey falcon isnt low tier!
mars: yes he is, he sucks!
As I said before, you only say that kind of stuff after you lose, I never hear Brendan complaining about any spamming, only you and Josh. As for me singling you out, it sort of is a revenge thing, that never ends. If I kill you, you will want to kill me back. If you kill me, I will kill you back. Also there is a difference between spamming missiles, and shooting missiles. If you spam missile, you are just aimlessly shoting them. If I am being left alone, I will always shot missiles right before attacking, making them have to dodge me and the missile. And since it is usually missile canceled, I can always keep up with the missile.
The difference in our playing styles are why we dissagree so much. You play the most basic way you can to win, I play the most fancy way I can to win. You could say that you are a HugS type of samus, and I am a Wes type of samus. While you think beam canceling, swding, and all that fancy stuff is usless, I find it very useful.
Also here is why I beat you so often, so take note. I have been playing samus for a very long time, without switching characters. You play a new character every week. Maybe thats the problem? Notice how when Brendan switches characters, it messes him up? That's the problem you have.

Ohh oh I got better nub quotes:
Sveet: Falco sucks, he only has two finishers
Sveet: I don't know how Falco got top tier, he isn't even good.
Sveet: Anyone with a brain can dodge falco's down smash.
All time favorite here:
Sveet: Stop talking, your making me lose!

Edit: The ironic thing is, now Sveet plays Falco, and a Falco player placed second in his own tourny.

The GERM

Smash Ace
youtube

"Germ can beat any link player, all you haters are just jealous."
Me: "thats why he lost to p.c chris in link dittos? lol aniki > germ"
"SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!? HE COULD COME BACK AND WIN AGAIN!"

made my day, lol.
umm, I've never played PC Chris in a Link ditto, ever, sorry there Asser. I've played PC once in a friendly at FC3 against his Falcon. So I guess, that makes the dumbest thing I've ever heard a noob say, congrats, that and "Aniki > GERM", that's purrty fu**in' dumb. Thank you, and God Bless.

Smash Master
umm, I've never played PC Chris in a Link ditto, ever, sorry there Asser. I've played PC once in a friendly at FC3 against his Falcon. So I guess, that makes the dumbest thing I've ever heard a noob say, congrats, that and "Aniki > GERM", that's purrty fu**in' dumb. Thank you, and God Bless.
Why do you always sound so angry?

Anyway, to keep this post on topic, I believed for a long time that Link's Up-B was a better recovery tool than his grappling hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom