• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 2, OK Tournament *Planning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
O.H.S.N.A.P. 2
Oklahoma Hosts Smash - Need A Pummeling? 2

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT THREAD IS SET UP! GO TO IT HERE!!! THIS ENTIRE SENTENCE IS A LINK!!!! ECHO!!!!!!!

I am here to announce O.H.S.N.A.P. 2, Oklahoma's second OOS tournament, and to being public planning for it. O.H.S.N.A.P. 1 brought in 36 participants, including Wichita, Kansas, and Dallas, Texas, and was won by Dr. Drew the Dragon. However, we aim to make OHSNAP2 much bigger and greater than OHSNAP1 was. We will have a team of people, hopefully with South_Paw to aid in organization, to run the tournament, so things will go smoothly. OHSNAP1 was held in OU's Sooner Room, but we aim to get an even bigger space for OHSNAP2, the gymnasium of one of our smasher's highschools being the prime target as of now. OHSNAP2 can be a great tournament, but like any tournament, requires OOS attendance to become great. All states in the Southwest region are especially encouraged to come, and more Southwest presence increases the odds of states from other regions, Cali being a hopeful, making an appearance. The event is expected to be held some time during December, preferably during winter break, but no exact dates or times have been nailed down as of yet. That is the primary purpose of this thread, to bring attention to the event and to decide upon exact details that work well for everyone so this tournament can turn out great.

Pending speculations of details are as follows:
Host: Hazygoose
Where: Pending
When: December 21-22
Cost: $10 per person for each event
Invite: All OOS are invited, though Texas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah are especially encouraged to participate. California is sought after, so we'll have to see about that. However, even if large states in other regions do not attend this tournament, if all of the Southwest and nearby states in other regions attend, a strong reputation will be built that can make OHSNAP3 (when its time comes) an even more outstanding tournament than its predecessor, and things will only go upward from there.
Ruleset: MLG

Oklahoma has not been able to attend many OOS tournaments, however I am going to make a list of significant tournaments coming up, such as C3, HOST2, and Kansas and Arizona's tournaments and try to get representation from OK at those events.

The plan has been laid out, now discuss!

Updates:
-South_Paw appears to be unable to be the host of the tournament, so Hazygoose will now lead hosting, with assistance from others.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Awesomeness! I will definitely try to get some interest from Austin so we could make it to this. I've been wanting to visit OK for a tourney and this seems like the best time to do it. Also, I think it'll reflect well on TX tourneys like HOST2 if TX attends an OK tourney.

So yea, I'm glad a thread of some sort has been made so people will at least recognize that this exists, and as I said I will try to get Austin to rep up there. :grin:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yes, I really want Austin to be able to make this. I've been wanting to play them for awhile now. Plus, OK, aside from Shade, Po Pimpus, and Pay$, still hasn't gotten experience with pro-level players like FastLikeTree, so that'd be really good for OK's scene.

And of course I am hoping for Dallas to make a return.

Houston is anticipated, there's been a showdown between OK and Houston brewing for awhile now.

It'd be pretty cool if Crystal City makes it too >_>

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, Seems like we are getting some more oklahoma love!
I look forward to this tourny, hopefully South Paw can host this, from what I hear, hes back in arizona now.

Shade_

Smash Ace
well still, I think this one tourny will turn out pretty well. last one was only hal decent, this one will be twice as good.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Shade...Anything can be twice as good as something else if the first one was half decent, and the upcoming one is just decent.

I want this ***** to be extraordinary!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
This tournament is going to kick ***. If the last one was half-decent, this one will be like... eight times better, and I decide that 4decent = (****)(good).

Anyway, I'm making a "userbar" type thing for people to put in their sigs to help advertise it... normally I'm not a huge fan of userbars, but they are neat and compact.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
CO must show up! It's practically OK's rival state!

Anyway, I finished the OHSNAP2 sig:

Everyone from OK put in it your sig and link it to this thread, and any OOSers who are going or would like to go put it in your sig and link it to this thread.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I see no tournaments by Forkgirl and/or tsetse >_>

And no, I wouldn't want conflict... but c'mon, this is Oklahoma's third ever tournament, we need to be able to host more; you guys have tournaments up the wazoo, you even get MLGs :( OK needs some love.

If they are going to hold tournaments in December though, could they at least not have them during winter break? Cause winter break is probably gonna be the only time we'll be able to hold ours.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Those letters are a little shaky, and I dont like MARTH being the main guy. Ill probably make my own.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey rasta and/or reno, could you make me an ohsnap sig not involving marth? i dont really care what it is as long as it looks cool....although samus would be a plus.

actually, i decided, i want this pic somehow incorporated in: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Samus_Aran_Super_Metroid_screenshot.gif
yes, i found it on wikipedia. cuz wikipedia>google

and im still gonna use red samus, but i want that pic anyways.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Don't worry about it man. It's a nice idea, and it would be a bad plan to make one for different characters if people request them. I will put mine up when I get it. :grin: :p

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If I'm around whenever this will be, I'll come and bring as many people as my car can hold.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
evry1 is gettin their own OHSNAP 2 sig anyways
thats funny
one person is sayin dont do it
but it happens anyways
WOO MAJORITY RULE OWNS
im gettin my green roy 2mro

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Hey Bluezaft...er...Forgirl, either of you, most likely forkgirl.

Come find me, like smash at my house er something, I ahve money and want to pay yall now.

Plus i need to be clear so yall can take me to OHSNAP...though i quit smash. lol. i just want to go.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Because he's emo. As nonconforming as can be. You'd be nonconforming too if you were just like he.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Because of ARC. lol.

I played smash like yall since about September 2005, ARC has been playign sinc elike, december 2005, and he is way better than me cuz he plays wes all the time.

I guess it isnt really quiting, its more like, i dont have the ambition anymore. and I dont want to waste my money on it. lol

SO i dont do mms anymore, do i do have othe rmatcheslike me and kyle have my shuriken against his 5 dollars
lol

I need to save money...thoguh i dunno, my mind might change, i am getting a job maybe soon,a dn if not im might get money for illegal stuff. like dealing things...lol

Im so not emo DoH...its a joke...sheesh.
and yeah i placed higher than you JF, i am teh better!!! lol

your jiggs is the only reason you win. and even then my falco still gets super close to ur jiggs, always last stock.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh, I've improved exponentially since HOST. :) And yea, your Emo Style is pretty sexy, even tho you're not really emo.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I think we're gonna try and make an appearance. I should be home since college gives everyone like the whole month of December off. Plus, I want a rematch with Shade.

TGM

Smash Lord
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its me TGM! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

So OHSNAPY 2 has finaly been born? YAHOO!!!

and indeed there is a battle brewin between OK and TX....wanna know why?

CAUSE OK SUCKS AND THEY THINK THERE GODLY!!!!!!

but seriously, december is a big month, i need to know exactly what date this puppy is gonna go down, cause im gonna try and get me crew to go....or at least juts me.....

i gotta find rides and shiz!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Um, TX doesn't have anything against OK. I think that's just you. OK is coo in my book, and Drew and Chang seem to think so as well. BTW you != TX.

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
CAUSE OK SUCKS AND THEY THINK THERE GODLY!!!!!!
If you can speak for Texas, I can speak for Oklahoma. And if I can speak for Oklahoma, then we are godly because we have a basic grasp of grammar.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
****, you got owned T"G"M, and I guess if yo changed your name to Xyro, I cant call you T"G"M anymore.

Anyway, South Paw cant host this tourny, so Im going to do it, and hopefully Hazygoose is going to help.

TGM

Smash Lord
i didnt change me anme. im still TGM im just waitng for me ban to wear off in 4 days.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
owned is we gotta deal with this n00b again
lmao T"G"M u got owned
jk u could prolly 1 stock me...

y couldnt u hav been permenantly banned like 5150? lol
wutd u get banned for anywas XYRO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom