• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3GOD Presents: Boost Your Power Ranking - 12/27 - Starkville, MS

3GOD

Smash Ace
Date: 12/27/2006
Time: 11:00 AMish - 10:00 PMish (the first tournament will be Low Tier starting as close to 12 noon as possible, followed by doubles and then singles)
Location: Comfort Suites, 801 Russell St., Starkville, MS 39759
Contact #: 662-418-1495

Note about directions: I put the directions in Mapquest, and it gives a wrong turn at the very end. For instance, for those coming from the Tupelo area (or through Tupelo from Memphis), it says to make a left turn onto Russell street. But in fact, from that direction, the hotel is on the right. It should not be a major issue since it is visible from the road, but I wanted to make people aware that Mapquest makes a wrong turn at the very end of the directions.

Entry Fees:

$15 singles entry fee
$20 per team doubles
$5 Low-Tier tournament

The room is $100 for the day, which I am gonna pay out of my own pocket...I will have a little bucket for donations for room expenses for anyone feeling generous! Just consider it a Christmas present to the smash community!

Rules:

SINGLES RANDOM STAGES
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams

STAGES BANNED ONLY FOR SINGLES
Great Bay

DOUBLES RANDOM STAGES
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
Dreamland 64
Donkey Kong 64

STAGES BANNED ONLY FOR DOUBLES
Mute City
Fountain of Dreams

STAGES BANNED FOR SINGLES AND DOUBLES
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach’s Castle
Kongo Jungle

• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• Brackets will be 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Stages/Counterpicks:
• First stage is limited to the 6 random stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks unless banned.
• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking (unless both players agree to it)
• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

Additional Notes:

Tourney > Money > Friendly...if someone needs a TV for a tourney match, let them have it...I am bringing a 13" TV that I think might be best set aside as a friendlies/money match TV.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.

Prereg:

Setups:

3 TVs - 3GOD
2 TVs - Chad
1 TV - Lance87

1 Gamecube - 3GOD
1 Gamecube - Cursed Yoma
2 Gamecubes - Chad
1 Gamecube - Lance87

1 Powerstrip - Cursed Yoma
1 Powerstrip - 3GOD

1 VCR - 3GOD

Total So Far: 5 setups

People:

3GOD
TheSaberGuy
Cursed Yoma
Chad
Nite
Lance87
Myztek
SmashterLink
Fizz-sama
Handorin
Cursed Yoma's Friend
ihavespaceballs
Yang
McCloud
Dun
^some of these are no longer coming, and some extras are - just come if you can please!

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, I'm interested in this as well. As long as Lance is, then I can be there as well.

Woot, another Run7/DML roadtrip possibility?

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
As Nite and Lance said, I am down for this as well, as I am sure others in our crew might be. Just keep us updated.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I miss hearing "GOOD TRICK!" or some screaming in the middle of a match.

It's a good thing we have Iori for that, though it's not the same.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Sorry I haven't posted an update in a while...I am in the middle of negotiating some prices with the hotels around here.

I will try to get something set up for sure this afternoon and post here when I know...looks like it will likely happen because it seems like the attendance will be pretty decent for a MS tourney!

3GOD

Smash Ace
The tournament is a go! Please begin preregistering with setups, people, etc. I will update the first post with the details.

ps Wouldn't it be cool to see the Lewis and Clark Expedition in a doubles finals with Chicken and Dressing?

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
pre-reg me and nite at least since no one else in the crew is sure.

When you post the rules can you post the levels that are allowed and the ones that will be on random?

ps Wouldn't it be cool to see the Lewis and Clark Expedition in a doubles finals with Chicken and Dressing?
lol, that would be fun. I wonder if JC and Scrib could still make it to the finals after not playing for so long... I guess we'll have to see, I hope they make it!

Nite

Smash Champion
I think JC and Scrib probably could make it to finals. I heard that they have been playing more lately.

If Lance comes, I'll come.

3GOD

Smash Ace
If anyone is going to be interested in staying the night at the hotel...let me know. The lady said that she could offer a discount maybe.

ps - we'll need a couple of people to bring some extra cubes since we have a couple of extra TVs

Nite

Smash Champion
We might want to stay in the hotel. It depends on how many people come with us and how much the hotel costs are. Lance, Chad, Myztek, Spaceballs, and myself shared a room when we went to START smashing. That's one thing that I like about staying in the hotel because we don't have to go anywhere but downstairs when we wake up. I'll see what Lance and the rest say.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I guess from your post that you are referring to staying the night of the 26th and waking up to play on the 27th? Then you'd go on home after the tournament?

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, staying on the 26th, then just waking up and walking out to the room that the tourney is being held and play. Then we would go home after the tournament. That's what we did last time and it was awesome.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i can bring a cube and a surge protector (power strip/whatever you wish to call it)

my friend should be able to come with ^_^, btw, what's the order of the tourneys? >_> is low tier after everything or before? i know earlier someone said it might be done as warm up, but i dunno if that was the final verdict or not...

3GOD

Smash Ace
@chamberlin - I hope you can make it - it would be good to have some more out of state people show up!

@Zane - Come please FTW!

@Cursed Yoma - I'll add your friend to the prereg and your equipment as well...I'm still kind of debating about the order of the events.

@McCloud - *does a Jedi mind trick* You WILL come to the tournament. *finishes waving hand*

@Chad - Yeah I like the idea of Low Tier taking place first too! That's probably what I will do.

What do you guys think about this?

Low Tier registration 11:00 AM - 11:45 along with people showing up and setting up etc.
Low Tier starting at 12:00 noon SHARP!
Doubles registration for about 20-30 minutes after Low Tier is over (hopefully about 2:00)...singles after that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Remember to be flexable with those times. If you know not many more will show up, start. Registration can usually be cut short when you realize noone else is coming.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Yeah I will be flexible with the doubles and singles, but if we are going to do Low Tier first, we have to start at a set time...I have been to a tournament though where people didn't start a tournament until almost 2 hours after it was supposed to start...I won't have that happening at this one if I can help it.

Also, I figure people won't be too upset if they are late for a Low Tier tournament and miss out.

ps - Handorin I hope your parents will remember that you talk to them about this! I want you to come!

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know about low tiers being first. I do like the idea of it being first so we can warm up, but low tiers usually take a while and I'd be afraid that we wouldn't have enough time. We'll see though.

3GOD

Smash Ace
You think it will take more than a couple of hours for the Low Tier? I was thinking it would probably only be like a 16 man bracket for low tier, but I might be wrong - I really don't know how much interest it would have.

Also, I've posted a few rules now - pretty standard stuff except for a few stages...if you guys really have other preferences, I will certainly listen and consider.

Nite

Smash Champion
Well, a lot of people don't play low tiers, so they aren't the best with those characters, therefore the matches might take long because the majority of the people don't know how to play low tiers. I can play with anyone and so can Chad, so our matches are never long. I guess we could clear the bracket for you. lol. It won't take too long as long as we are strict and consistently tell people to play their matches. Low tiers first seems fine. They are fun and at least we get a warm up.

Top Bottom