• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3GOD Presents: Boost Your Power Ranking - 12/27 - Starkville, MS

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'm new here but post at the MLG Forums; some of you may recognize me from there. I'll be going to MSU next semester so I've got a pretty strong incentive for going to Starkville for this tournament. I may be there, but right now it's contingent on the development of my family's Christmas plans.

If I do come, I can bring a Gamecube and two memory cards.

I play Marth, Shiek, Falco, and C Falcon. Right now I'm focusing on C Falcon. I'm fairly new to the competitive Smash scene, being mostly a Halo player, but I'm looking to get more involved. I haven't been to any tournaments yet and I think my skills are marginal at best, so I have low expectations for my own placement but nonetheless would probably enjoy the experience.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'm new here but post at the MLG Forums; some of you may recognize me from there. I'll be going to MSU next semester so I've got a pretty strong incentive for going to Starkville for this tournament. I may be there, but right now it's contingent on the development of my family's Christmas plans.

If I do come, I can bring a Gamecube and two memory cards.

I play Marth, Shiek, Falco, and C Falcon. Right now I'm focusing on C Falcon. I'm fairly new to the competitive Smash scene, being mostly a Halo player, but I'm looking to get more involved. I haven't been to any tournaments yet and I think my skills are marginal at best, so I have low expectations for my own placement but nonetheless would probably enjoy the experience.
Awesome that you found this! I hope you are able to make it to the tourney! It will be a great tournament for your first since it should be fairly small and give lots of time for friendlies.

Also, let me know when you get to MSU - we can get together and play sometime.

Nite

Smash Champion
Smash is too good. I had a lot of fun with Red Steel yesterday.

I wonder how many people will show up for this thing.

(Took your 4 bar, Galaxy Testicles.)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Smash is too good. I had a lot of fun with Red Steel yesterday.

I wonder how many people will show up for this thing.

(Took your 4 bar, Galaxy Testicles.)
I heard RS was bad. Is that false?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Awesome that you found this! I hope you are able to make it to the tourney! It will be a great tournament for your first since it should be fairly small and give lots of time for friendlies.

Also, let me know when you get to MSU - we can get together and play sometime.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm coming (about 80%). Do you still need another Gamecube?

I've been playing less than 2 months, and mostly against scrubs, so I'm probably going to be on the losing end of some of those 4-stocks Chad was mentioning.

And the Halo community isn't that bad =p

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm coming (about 80%). Do you still need another Gamecube?

I've been playing less than 2 months, and mostly against scrubs, so I'm probably going to be on the losing end of some of those 4-stocks Chad was mentioning.

And the Halo community isn't that bad =p
Tournaments could always use more gamecubes, and TVs if you got 'em....and a copy of smash to go with the cube.

As for the Halo community, i really wouldn't know, i was just talking **** because a lot of people i know that play halo are asshats.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Tournaments could always use more gamecubes, and TVs if you got 'em....and a copy of smash to go with the cube.

As for the Halo community, i really wouldn't know, i was just talking **** because a lot of people i know that play halo are asshats.
Can't bring a tv, but I have a cube and Smash I can bring.

Most Halo players are asshats, but they're also terrible. Most Smash players like to use items and play FFAs on Hyrule Temple. But the competitive Smash community seems rather different, and the MLG Halo community is generally rather different as well.

Handorin

Smash Hero
True. I like a good FFA every now and again, even on banned stages (like Hyrule), but I hate items. Dont get me wrong by thinking that's all I do or like though. I just like it for the occasional madness.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Most Halo players are asshats, but they're also terrible. Most Smash players like to use items and play FFAs on Hyrule Temple. But the competitive Smash community seems rather different, and the MLG Halo community is generally rather different as well.
I see what you mean...there is a HUGE difference in people that lay smash in tournaments and everyone else. i guess that would be the same for the Halo comm. in ways.

lol @ using items and playing on Hyrule temple, nobody does that anymore :)

3GOD

Smash Ace
We have a few people that never come to tournies coming (oh let the 4 stocks begin..)

It's gonna be fun I think
That was the funniest thing ever...Luigi downsmash x5 combo ftw?

@Shai- The guys I'm bringing I bet even you could 4 stock.
So you are bringing some extra people other than just the DML crew? I wasn't sure from your first post exactly what you meant, but your second post made it seem so. My excitement is growing! :)

@Shai - I'm glad you'll be able to come...definitely bring your cube since right now I have a TV with no cube matching it. It's a little 13-inch TV, but it will be good to have an extra setup even if only for friendly matches.

FFA is fun, but it's also annoying since you can rarely edgeguard without getting knocked off yourself...I used to love items, but now I despise them. Random explosion in the air for the loss.

Is MookieRah still alive? :(

-Chad-

Slackerator
I dunno about Mookie being alive, I assume yes though.

Yeah I'm bringing some people that never go to tournies (and don't play smash THAT much), so this'll be their first time being owned by other people.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
That was the funniest thing ever...Luigi downsmash x5 combo ftw?

@Shai- The guys I'm bringing I bet even you could 4 stock.
If they're as bad as some of my friends, then maybe. But honestly I hardly ever get to play against anyone who isn't terrible. I've incorporated most of the important advanced techniques (SHFFLing, WD, DD, ledge-hopped aerials, CC, JC grabs, chainthrows, SHL, etc.) into my game, I edgeguard pretty well, and I play very aggressively (always go for the 30% kill!), but I think my lack of quality human opponents makes me very predictable to anyone who knows what to look for.

I'm not even sure which of my characters is strongest. I've played Marth the longest, followed by CF, then Falco and Sheik. But it doesn't seem to make much difference who I use when playing my friends. Last night I 4-stocked one of them with Kirby. I kept hanging on the edge and ledge-hopping into inhales when he tried to edgeguard me. Got all 4 kills that way. He was soooo pissed. :laugh:

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know for sure if I want to go anymore.

Lance- If we could go, i'd just go to hang out with DML. Love you guys. I'll give you a call after on Christmas and we can decide if we want to go or not.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry for not posting for awhile. I'm probably still going to come to this because I haven't been to a smash tourny in awhile. I will try to get more peeps from Arkansas to go as well so I don't have to spend all the moneys on gas. I don't suppose anyone would have housing for me + possibly 3 others would you?

3GOD

Smash Ace
I don't think me and Nite are going to this anymore :cry:

I guess you can house DML and save them some munnies...
I am sad now :(

We already have a friend that lives down there, so we already had housing too =X
@TheSaberGuy - Seems like DML already has housing and Run7 will no longer need a place to stay...I have floor space available for either/both nights of the 26th/27th. I can't promise a hot shower since my water heater is really small (I usually use it up with a quick shower), but I can house you and a few others if they are willing to deal with these circumstances. Just let me know if you want to stay and how many are coming, and I'll PM you the directions/phone # to reach me.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Ahhh 3GOD are you housing anyone still? Our plans have been messed up with our housing situation

*edit* nevermind, we're just gonna come in the morning and leave that night.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Hey guys...sorry your housing thing didn't work out...if you get desperate tomorrow night, you are welcome to crash at my place, but I really think it will be reasonable to come here, play, and head back tomorrow night.

Low Tier starts as close to 12:00 noon as possible...doubles after that...probably 2:00ish, and singles starting probably around 4:00.

My phone # in case anyone needs to reach me: 662-418-1495

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out! :)

3GOD

Smash Ace
Go through the lobby and to the left...there is a sign that says "meeting room."

...well the sign doesn't really talk, but if you read it, I think you'll understand what I mean.

Top Bottom