• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Webster's "THE MOST POWERFUL SHINNOBI" $100 BONUS 01/27/07

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
"It is time...for everyone...to realize their reasoning in the Smash world!" - Webster

OIR and Webster Snow Jr. presents:

Event - "THE MOST POWERFUL SHINNOBI" $100 Bonus Tournament

Game Featured - "Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles and Teams"
$100 Cash Bonus is only for Singles though...sorry...LOL!!!

These are the following games we will run as well:

Tekken 5 - Entry fee $7
Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3, DOA 4, VF4 EVO, Naruto GNT 4 and UMK3 - free

Tournament Format for these games will be posted at the bottom of this post!

When - January 27th, 2007 (A SATURDAY) and 3 days before my birthday!!!

Where -
Odiez Sports Zone
2056 Taylor Ave Racine, WI 53404

Time - 11:30 AM sign - ups/Casuals. 1pm Tournament start time! If you're late for a non - paid tournament I will try to fit you in the bracket. If you're late for a paid tournament, then you won't be allowed to participate!!!

Tournament Format -
Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 1v1 Battles, best outa 3 Matches, 3 stock, 8mins Time, No Items, Handicap Off, Damage Ratio 1.0...For all matches - All Characters allowed, No Glitches (or you forfeit the entire match...same for in Teams).

During all segments - First match stage is Random. Loser may Counterpick stage for the next match but Winner may change character!

Here is a list of the only available stages on Random:
- Final Destination
- Dream Land 64
- Pokemon Stadium
- Battle Field
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain Of Dreams (banned in teams add in Kongo Jungle 64)

Others Open for Counter Pick, but after one is used you may not use it again unless you win it in Random.

These stages are banned (completely):

-Yoshi’s Island
-Fourside
-Hyrule Temple
-Flatzone
-Brinstar Depths
-Icicle Mountain
-Big Blue
-Mushroom Kingdom 1
-Venom
-Yoshi's Island 64
-Peach’s Castle
-Kongo Jungle
-Onett

Entry Fee - $15 (There is a $3 dollar door fee, this may cover food and drinks provided)

Pay out -

1st place: 70% of tournament entry fees and $100 cash bonus (outa my pocket cause I'll love everyone that comes to my tournament...LOL).

2nd place: 20% of tournament entry fees and an additional prize TBA.

3rd place: 10% of tournament entry fees and a pat on the back from yous truly...LOL!!!

I appologize for this being short notice but I really wanted to do something special for my birthday (since this tournament is kinda close to the actual date "January 30th)!!!

This will be the only tournament of it's kind so I really hope everyone can make it. I will provide housing so just ask, I can fit 10 people easy...just bring sleeping gear!!!

Okay I pray you guys will take interest in this tournament! For detailed questions just PM me or post up.

Thanks,

Webster Snow Jr. !!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Tournament Format for the following games:

Naruto GNT 4 - Free Tournament

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, 60 sec. time, damage lv 2, Akamaru (dog) and Karasu (puppet) banned.

Soul Calibur 2 (Gamecube...PS2 TBA) - Free Tournament

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, 50 sec. time, Necrid, Link, Spwan, and Hehachi Banned...Vs mode regular (so no special weapons), 3rd player costume enable on Gamecube only, no glitches of any kind (or you forefit the entire match).

Tekken 5 - Paid Tournament (Entry Fee: $7)

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, 60 sec. time, Random stages, no banned characters.

Tekken 5 Pay Out:

1st - 70% of entry fees
2nd - 20% of entry fees
3rd - 10% of entry fees

UMK3 - Free Tournament

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, standard time, Random stages, no glitches of any kind, no banned characters.!!!

Dead Or Alive 4 - Free Tournament

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, 60 sec. time, Random stages, no glitches of any kind, no banned characters.

VF 4 EVO - Free Tournament

Format: Double Elimination, Winners/Losers/Finals - 3 outa 5 rounds, best outa 3 matches, 60 sec. time, Random stages, no glitches of any kind, no banned characters.

Good Luck to all who may participate!!!

P.S and VERY IMPORTANT:

ALL TOURNAMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT FOR OUR OFFICIAL RANKING SYSTEM!!!

Xeno-Z

Smash Rookie
My friends and I might be there....

I want to jump into a Smash event soon since I'm still not over HJFour yet.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I'll probably be there

why 3 stock though? If we get setups you'll have plenty of time to do 4...
18: I'm not gonna lie, but the last tournament we had there were like NO set-ups and that sucked!!! And some people constantly complain about smash tournaments taking so long. Especially those who are waiting to participate in other tournaments.

So yeah it very well might have to stay 3 stock, but I guess it'll depend over all on how many people show up to this.

TO EVERYONE:

I NEED PEOPLE TO BRING SET - UPS AND T.VS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!! PLEASE I NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT SUCCESSFUL!!!

ALSO, IN CASE PEOPLE HAVEN'T REALIZED THIS $100 CASH BONUS IS OUTA MY POCKET. SO I'LL FEEL REALLY COMFORTABLE DOING IT (SINCE I AM ANYWAYS) IF WE GET MORE THAN 30 PARTICIPANTS!!! SO I NEED PEOPLE TO SPREAD THE WORD LIKE WHOA!!!

THANKS!!!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
**** i wish this was a week or two earlier

btw who are the banned characters you're talking about in the rules...? like sandbag?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
**** i wish this was a week or two earlier

btw who are the banned characters you're talking about in the rules...? like sandbag?
Oh man, there are no banned characters...I hope I didn't confuse you...^_-

LOL...people can sandbag all they want but I think people who come to this tournament might wanna bring their A game...:cool:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
lol i meant the sandbag character you can use with action replay or whatever... i've seen some vids of people doing it. and giga bowser and stuff.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Webster... I dunno man...

My car... it may not make it...

But... I may be able to assemble a "posse", featuring the Elana :-D and myself, and perhaps another friend or two. PERHAPS...

What are the dates?? Your post and the topic title confuzle me.

BTW... WASSSUP!?!?!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
OMG I'm such a noob I'm hella sorry:

The OFFICIAL DATE IS JANUARY 27TH, 2007

O D I N, hell yeahs you guys need/must come and then we should all go out for dinners!!!

That would be the best!!!

Best Avatar EVA!!!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I will do my best to persuade/attempt to get out there on that day. ^_^ It's far enough past the holiday, so it shouldn't be a problem to get it off for work. It's just the whole drive out there.

But it's a good month away. I'll see what I can do, good sir. ^_^

Tapion013

Smash Lord
just schedule the other tournaments for a later time, run a singles only tournament, and let spikes and everyone else bring like 8 setups and have it be 4 stock. 3 stock, even though it doesn't seem like that much of a difference, can change the results from skill to luck

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
just schedule the other tournaments for a later time, run a singles only tournament, and let spikes and everyone else bring like 8 setups and have it be 4 stock. 3 stock, even though it doesn't seem like that much of a difference, can change the results from skill to luck

We're running Smash Everything first...so you guys take priority over everything else that is to be ran at this tournament!!!:laugh:

And yes everyone please bring set ups fo realz!!!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
POST POST POST!

Definitely would like some extra attendance here. It'd be kinda stupid to see Webster give away 100 bucks just for a 10 person tourney...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Okay This Is Hella Important Everyone:

The Tournament Is Still On But The $100 Cash Bonus Is Pending. And It Would Be Hella Stupid Especially If It's Only A 10 Man Tournament!!!

So We Need Like 35 - 40 Confirmed Entrants And I Need To Get My Money Right By Next Week Tuesday...or There Won't Be A $100 Cash Bonus!!!

But The Entry Fee Is Still Gonna Stand At $15 To Ensure A Probable Pay Out!!!

Quaz

Smash Master
atfirst I thought I was gonna take a break and just not go to smash tourneys for a while.. but then again if this event is gonna be a lot bigger then I'm in as well... but... if there arent that many, then no I wont go >_>

I want to see some more of appleton and fondy, step it up dewds

...Webster.. I have your smash disk btw >_>

Xtra

Smash Ace
I want to see some more of appleton and fondy, step it up dewds
were all slackers here in fondy. and the amount of time we spend playing varies on the tourny's were planning on attending. which is non of the next 3. so meh......i've been trying to secure a location for tourny's here but no one evern calls back no matter how many times i call them. lame. i've been thinking about having a fest or attempting to hold a tourny at my house but i just dont see many people comming for some reason. atleast for a fest. fondy doesn't get out that much....but i cant wait to play u again quaz...

Jazzness

Smash Ace
The 100$ extra cash in singles looks tasty.. . well I can always dream q:

I think there's only one thing that'd make me wanna come to this instead of Tourneybee (which is eons closer to me) ....

... and that's if Tapion you team with me :D

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
well i MIGHT be able to come. 100$ ohh man i could pay off my speeding ticket lolz. Well ill try to make it but once again im not sure. im sure n00k would be attending with me aswell. hopefully a ton of peepz eventually come like cough cough SPARROW!!! jk

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
It is also possible that I may come to this. Of course, I would be attending with the great Mendoza. If I want that $100 bonus, I'll need to learn how to beat Capt. Falcon...

Quaz

Smash Master
I'd love you and mendoza to come, I've never played either of you before and I think it would be awesome for me to... samus and ganondorf are both badass characters :)

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Tapion -- Have you figured out what's going on with Sauce yet?

I think even if you don't team with the mighty sauce, me'n you still have an excellent chance of taking doubles!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Okay you guys just got word that there won't be a $100 cash bonus for this tournament!

So the tournament is still on and the entry fee is the same.

But this won't be the official Most Powerful Shinnobi tournament this will be OIR. 7, I'll have that for a later date in March with more in-depth rules for a cash bonus!!!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Probably just lost captain awesome, jazzness and Mendoza without that 100 dollar bonus.

You may want to change the entree fee back to 5 dollars for this one to keep the locals coming.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I don't really have anything related to this thread to say besides "I'm not going"

but...

I wanted to take a moment to LOL at Tapion's sig.

Top Bottom