• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Webster's "THE MOST POWERFUL SHINNOBI" $100 BONUS 01/27/07

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Wait I'm confused.

I don't $MM team partners (no matter how good or scrubly they are), and I won't be going to this if we're not teaming.

Are we teaming up, Tapion?

Jazzness

Smash Ace
**** right!

1. Anyone want to $MM? James or 18 spikes, come get your $ back! No mistakes this time, k?

2. Tapion your signature is awesome!

3. Tapion let's challenge ppl to 2v2 $MM'z! (:

I'll try to get my hands on a TV, possibly more players. Don't know yet. I'll definitely be able to snag a setup'n stuff.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Update that webster can't edit

Just letting everyone know that was planning on coming, but was too expensive... The entree fee for this will more than likely be dropped back to 7 because of attendance. Depending on how many people come from Illinois or other parts of Wisconsin. The entree fee is suppose to be 15, but due to the fact that probably all the locals will not enter because of this... well 7 will be altered.

Jazzness, unless you bring a bunch of peeps, and captain awesome, mendoza, and maybe even Shredder or the rest of their crew... I don't think we're going to have a very good turnout. You may want to consider going to tourneybee.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
How many are estimated? Anything from 15+ is good with me. Tourneybee's a bit further form my place in Barrington, and I hate Chicagoland traffic.

I'm only bringing one other player with me ... Mendoza'n Awesome are probably going to Tourneybee, but then since their winning prospect's not high due to Tink'n whatnot ... it's their call which tournament to attend, really.

ALSO, it really really helps people find such tournaments by putting the name of the CITY/AREA in the title!!!! (e.g. The Most Powerful Wisconshinobi)

Quaz

Smash Master
there might not even be that many... =\ there are times where once in a while we get more than 15... and there are times where we get like... 7 people entered >_>

and if I go to this, I'm just gonna attend for friendlies, andrew and rob will be with me though and they said they would enter

hey Jazz I'll mm you for $2 best 3 out of 5 =)

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Top 4:
1.) Tapion
2.) Jazzness
3.) Quaz
4.) Alberto

Shouts:

Jazz: Congrats on being the first to defeat me in a set at Odiez. We had some really really great matches! I see why you keep beating crashman now. You're very tricky and patient. Still can't believe I lost as falco. Stupid air dodge tech! Say sorry to your girlfriend for me. Hope she wasn't too bored/lonely roaming around Racine for the day.

Neptune: Don't roll! You'll get better faster if you focus more on where your opponent's going to be instead of rolling and playing it safe, you'll be very tough to deal with.

Alberto: Nice to meet you too. Your ice climbers confused me at first, especially since you said you played doc and Roy. You also need to realize what are openings and what aren't instead of just grabbing air or smashing and hoping a smash hits.

Quaz: Congrats on third, but you really gotta control that frustration. And don't take it out on others by making fun of them when they make a mistake (haha you missed your knee) because you're getting frustrated. It's okay to get angry, but keep it to yourself.

Sheik: THOSE ROLL MINDGAMES ARE INSANE! You've been improving quite a bit, keep it up man.

Andrew: Much more agressive than before, I like it. Very enjoyable matches with you.

Rob: I don't know if I played you at this tournament or not, but it's always fun to see you there.

OCPsychoKid: Not too bad of a falco. If you could get faster and a little more agressive (maybe a little less fsmashes too) you'd definitely be tough to beat. Hope to see you and your friend more often.

Webster: Happy birthday! Very fun weekend, enjoyed every second.

Sorry if I missed anyone, Naruto was fun, and enjoy the tapionless next couple tournies as I'll be busy.

Quaz

Smash Master
I honestly feel frustration is something I'd never get over... and those comments I made had nothing to do with my frustration, those were only jokes from me... I don't take my frustration out by making fun of others... really.

..but I still get frustrated.. can't help but feel bad about that -.- because I feel I can't do a thing about it... I dont think I've even made a change in the past friggin year

alcheato

Smash Ace
Top 4:
1.) Tapion
2.) Jazzness
3.) Quaz
4.) Roberto

Shouts:

Jazz: Congrats on being the first to defeat me in a set at Odiez. We had some really really great matches! I see why you keep beating crashman now. You're very tricky and patient. Still can't believe I lost as falco. Stupid air dodge tech! Say sorry to your girlfriend for me. Hope she wasn't too bored/lonely roaming around Racine for the day.

Neptune: Don't roll! You'll get better faster if you focus more on where your opponent's going to be instead of rolling and playing it safe, you'll be very tough to deal with.

Alberto: Nice to meet you too. Your ice climbers confused me at first, especially since you said you played doc and Roy. You also need to realize what are openings and what aren't instead of just grabbing air or smashing and hoping a smash hits.

Quaz: Congrats on third, but you really gotta control that frustration. And don't take it out on others by making fun of them when they make a mistake (haha you missed your knee) because you're getting frustrated. It's okay to get angry, but keep it to yourself.

Sheik: THOSE ROLL MINDGAMES ARE INSANE! You've been improving quite a bit, keep it up man.

Andrew: Much more agressive than before, I like it. Very enjoyable matches with you.

Rob: I don't know if I played you at this tournament or not, but it's always fun to see you there.

OCPsychoKid: Not too bad of a falco. If you could get faster and a little more agressive (maybe a little less fsmashes too) you'd definitely be tough to beat. Hope to see you and your friend more often.

Sorry if I missed anyone, Naruto was fun, and enjoy the tapionless next couple tournies as I'll be busy.
Tapion: Yeah, I got pretty nervous during our matches after watching your Falcon combo the **** out of Jazzness. It wasn't my best, but you were gonna destroy me in our matches no matter what. I guess I should've toughed it out and just gotten owned as my mains, but good **** all the same. I'm glad I got some good friendlies in against you. Btw, it's Alberto, not Roberto. You got it right the second time. :)

Jazzness: Too good, man. I've gotten way better just by playing you these last few weeks. Congrats on almost defeating Tapion.

Sheik: You knew how to exploit my lack of patience, but camping against the Ice Climbers on flat stages just doesn't work, son. :chuckle:

Quaz: Our matches were intense. Congrats on the wins. Work on not being so easily upset and you'll be a much better player.

Webster: It was nice to meet you, man. A shame we didn't get any matches in.

Good times and we must definitely do that again some time.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
heh, why do people gotta get nervous when they play me? it's all good fun. :)

Anyway, I editted it, it says alberto now. Dunno why I said Roberto... I'm strange. Glad you had fun though :).

Jazzness

Smash Ace
I had a great time! Thanks Webster for throwing this lil' shindig, I hope you had fun too!

Tapion -- Congratulations on winning 1st! We had some awesome matches, you have a very nice technical game and your combo-ing ability is amazing! I think what decided 1st place was me getting sent to the loser's bracket in the Winner's Finals. Beating you in 2 sets back-2-back at the end was asking a little too much to ask. Next time we attend such an event, we'll have to team up, you owe me! q:

Quaz -- Congratulations on 3rd! ... man, Saturday just wasn' t your day!

Alberto -- Congratulations on 4th! You're gettin' better, just stick with it and come up 'n practice some more with me up in Dekalb.

OCPsychoKid -- You underestimated me! (;
Nice falcon, keep playing yours'll look like Tapion's in no time!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
hah, yeah, getting sent to losers was a big deal. I was glad that it was a finals set. And yes, we will have to team next time, I definitely owe you.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
heh, why do people gotta get nervous when they play me? it's all good fun. :)

Anyway, I editted it, it says alberto now. Dunno why I said Roberto... I'm strange. Glad you had fun though :).
dude, I got agressive the last time I played you, I said to myself when you were pwning my falco with your sheik "hell no he ain't treating me like this", after that I tried the hardest I could to bring you down, but I didn't, I would be at your level If at least I was able to play sometimes in the while with you.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
dude, I got agressive the last time I played you, I said to myself when you were pwning my falco with your sheik "hell no he ain't treating me like this", after that I tried the hardest I could to bring you down, but I didn't, I would be at your level If at least I was able to play sometimes in the while with you.
I don't doubt that smash daddy, you definitely have extreme potential. None of us at white 4 were expecting anything out of you, but you surprised us all. Gotta play you again to see how much you've improved since then (stepmother permitting of course).

You gotta come to some of these tournaments. I come to quite a few. I'll let you know the next one I go to.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
look, I probaly you heard about my godparents, yeah there pretty strict, they'll kill me if they found about me posting these kind of stuff in the boards, but glad they don't.

well I was hoping to at least go to a racine tournament since it's the closest and the safest, I think I can find a way to get there one of these days.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
Top 4:
1.) Tapion
2.) Jazzness
3.) Quaz
4.) Alberto

Shouts:

My new strategy is to simply roll for minutes on end against someone I cant beat.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I don't doubt that smash daddy, you definitely have extreme potential. None of us at white 4 were expecting anything out of you, but you surprised us all. Gotta play you again to see how much you've improved since then (stepmother permitting of course).

You gotta come to some of these tournaments. I come to quite a few. I'll let you know the next one I go to.

Here's your opportunity------------> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2119273#post2119273

I will get rankings done as soon as I'm able!!!!

ocpsychokid

Smash Rookie
thanks for the good games there guys
tapion i still have yet to play you there xD we will have to someday.

ahh yeah i kinda did underestimate you jazz : ) it wont happen again.
and good game quaz it was really close

Quaz

Smash Master
oc Im going to odiez racine tomorrow to play some smash for fun, you should come too, there wont be any tourney or anything but I'm gonna bring a TV and play with a couple of others there.. there is going to be some pokemon tourney thingie (cards im assuming?) until like 3 PM so if you dont wanna be around them come around 3 if you dont then come around noon and we'll smash it up

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
oc Im going to odiez racine tomorrow to play some smash for fun, you should come too, there wont be any tourney or anything but I'm gonna bring a TV and play with a couple of others there.. there is going to be some pokemon tourney thingie (cards im assuming?) until like 3 PM so if you dont wanna be around them come around 3 if you dont then come around noon and we'll smash it up
There will indeed be a pokemon trading card game tournament there from 1 to 3 o clock...so if you dont like sitting around doing nothing and or pokemon your better off coming anytime after 3 and last I heard its lasts until 7pm. Im pretty sure the SSBM tournament wont last to 7pm, but we should haev other games available to fill the remaining time slot.

Top Bottom