• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
What are u talking about? Im just saying coo hwhip. U put coo hwhip on pie; pie tastes better with coo hwhip

Re:Kithkin

Smash Cadet
Brad I don't understand. You said you don't even mind brawl, but now that a lot of people hate it, you bash on it as well? You'd have to be the biggest tool I've ever met on the internet, and that's saying something.
Luke, your only problem is you don't listen, I know my posts are mostly ****, but if you read them you'd understand what I'm talking about most of the time. I used to like brawl, untill I actually was exposed to proper tournament gameplay, in which time I realize I absolutely hate the competitive factor of it, I still think it's a fun/decent game, but just not for competitive. Okay? Understand?

Luke I've been bashing brawl since your tournament by the way, your post is like 8 years over due. I hope you're just being a ******/troll. But srsly, I used to defend both games from the haters of either side. But now I just hate on brawl idiots who dont know what they're talking about.

That isn't usually you, but sometime it is =3

Also, why did you replace Tyler? Tyler actually got funny suddenly and we got along, then you got pissy and whiny. it's like you traded accounts.

I still like Melee, yeah.
Good, otherwise I'd find it weird that you can still appreciate melee legends, for some reason I find that ********.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Matt and Tyson, you deserve a medal, a tint wrapped medal, full of chocolate. Like those chocolate loonies, yum.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I *Beep* the spiders on the wall!!!
I *Beep* the cobwebs in the wall!
I *Beep* the candles on the shelf!
When I'm alone, I *Beep* myself!

Oh yeah, I *Beep* slowly
Slowly
Slowly getting faster...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If i could get into brawl tournaments for free, i'll play brawl.

If there's as much food as there was at ADAT1, i would definitely try to make it.

Oh yeah. The jailbait was nice too, but I don't think they'll be safe anymore now that Scott plays smash.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hey jarrett, here u go:

JAPAN 101 - Basic Japanese I

JAPAN 102 - Basic Japanese II

JAPAN 201 - Basic Japanese III

JAPAN 202 - Basic Japanese IV

JAPAN 150 - First-Year University Japanese

JAPAN 240 - Japanese Literature and the Arts

JAPAN 241 - Overview of the Japanese Language System

JAPAN 242 - The Samurai in Japanese Culture

JAPAN 301 - Intermediate Japanese I

JAPAN 302 - Intermediate Japanese II

JAPAN 321 - Pre-Modern Japanese Literature in Translation

JAPAN 322 - Modern Japanese Literature in Translation

JAPAN 325 - Introduction to Japanese Linguistics

JAPAN 330 - Japanese Literature and Film

JAPAN 341 - Classical Japanese I

JAPAN 401 - Advanced Japanese I

JAPAN 402 - Advanced Japanese II

JAPAN 421 - Topics in Japanese Literary History

JAPAN 425 - Japanese Linguistics

JAPAN 429 - Japanese-English Translation

JAPAN 439 - Practical Translation

JAPAN 460 - Topics in Japanese Studies

JAPAN 481 - Supervised Reading in Japanese

JAPAN 490 - Honors Thesis

JAPAN 500 - Topics in Japanese Language

JAPAN 502 - Methods of Research

JAPAN 503 - Colloquia in Japanese Language Research

JAPAN 510 - Japanese for Business I

JAPAN 525 - Japanese Linguistics

JAPAN 598 - Topics in Pre-Modern Japanese Literature

*side note:

- JAPAN is just the name course for Japanese.
- Engineering students are not allowed to take language courses in their first year.
- Unless you major in Japanese, you won't take this much courses in it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That's is so lame.

So Tyson, for the following years after the first, I'd be able to take a language course? I'm gonna be pretty sad otherwise. =(

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
If you were to take Japanese or something without any prior introduction to the language, they stick you in 101/102, I believe. If you graduate high school with a Japanese 30 education, they stick you in Japanese 150.

I'm going into Japanese 150 after my six months there, then probably taking some culture courses and possibly a minor in education.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I think you can take language courses after your 1st year. It's because you're in your qualifying year and during your qualifying years you can not take a language course (including but not limited to). If you failed to get a pass-able GPA for your first year, you'll get into second year (hopefully) but you'll be second year qualifying, so you still won't be able to take language courses.

Keep in mind you still do need permission from the faculty, so you'll need to notify them and they'll give you the green light to do so.

Edit: Yes Joel, that is correct. They decide based on your prior experience on the language for which level course they'll put you in.

Top Bottom