• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Mobile* Alabama Biweeklies

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
There was a old page for the biweeklies but it had to be changed
because of the location. that dam lady that ran that store was playing the hell
out of us so the biweeklies will be Ragnorocks house in his garage. for directions
pm J.rudolph or Ragnorock or just post your questions here. if im not mistaken
i think there is a tournament this upcoming saturday which is th 13th.

Singles: 10$
Doubles: 15$ for a whole team i think
the prices will decrease if there arent many people to show up

Rules for the tournament will be as follows:

- Matches will be best 2 of 3 and Finals will be best 3 of 5
- Matches will be 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit
- Items will be turned off
- Stages and Match rules apply to both Single/Doubles

Stages:

- Banned Stages are as follows: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Termina, Yoshi's Island, Flat Zone, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island Past Stage.
- Random Stage selection is as follows: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium.
- No stage maybe used twice in a single match, be it by random select or stage picking
- Each person knocks out one stage for the entire set. The stage must be picked at the begining after each person selects his/her character.
- Advanced Slob Picks: After the first match, the loser says the stage out load, the winner then picks there character, and the loser picks the character after that.

Addtional Notes to follow:

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

- Also we will need people to bring setups (TV's, Cube's, and Power Strips if possible)

-And as stated earlier for directions Pm me Or Ragnorock or just post your questions here

-if you no for a fact that you'll be able to come post here and let me no and post what you'll bring if you can bring something.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
621 WillJohn Ave. Prichard, Al thats the exact location. And It's a nice neighborhood nothing to worry about.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey, Drumma BOi bring your laptop, you can do the bracket thing on it because I don't know how to do it.

RAM

Smash Lord
I was going to say combine our Biweeklies into a Single Thread to try and draw more attention, anyway I'm pretty sure they have some more AL players on smashboards, they should def check this thread out!

RAM

Smash Lord
Let's just vote on it now and see what everyone else think and if everything pan out just combine the Biweeklies but name the major tourney diff ( EXAMPLE ) our first Major Tourney was Smashers Unite well our next one should be named diffrent and be presented by both The Manhandlers and the Pwnmobile, and give the Biweekly a name both crews can agree upon.

To the point, should we just combine our Biweeklies PPL? Yes or NO

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The best possible thing would be to set up some bi-weeklies somewhere in Pensacola since it's the halfway point. Then it'd be an hour drive for both crews, and you could get the Pensacola/milton locals to start going as well.

RAM

Smash Lord
Now that's a Hell of an Idea!!!!!!!! maybe after this Biweekly Me and one of My Crewmates can either use the Internet or go to Pensacola and search for such a location for our tournies and won't have our pot *****. or some other kind of way to do this.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Here's a couple places you guys could look into in Pensacola.

First there's Net Strike Arena which is right next to UWF and my old apartment. They opened up right about the time I was leaving the area. Of course like most LAN centers, they only advertise having X-box and PC gameing but I'm sure you could get them interested in hosting smash tourneys as well.

There's also Panhandle Gamers.com which appears to be more of an online community that hosts LAN parties as opposed to an actual LAN Center.

RAM

Smash Lord
What can't you do Boss?! whenever info is needed Manko is there, whenever a person in need of a link to a page Manko is there. Why are'nt you President yet?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
heck if I know.

QDVS had put in word for me to become an Atlantic South mod a while back, but I haven't heard anything since then.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I just have one question RAM, Are you going to still have the byweeklys in fort walton or just kill that, and just have yours in pensacola?

3GOD

Smash Ace
When is this gonna take place? This Saturday at what time please? :)

I'm looking for some smash action this weekend, and I'd like to know who all might be attending this. If I come, I can bring a setup.

RAM

Smash Lord
Not Sure Rag but we'll talk when we I show this weekend. also to Mr 3god A few from My Crew and all of Rag's crew so far but if you could bring all of your smash buddies and it should be even bigger.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
i think ram and I agreed on wantin to move the location from tbs cause they r starting to be gay...... soooo we will have some im sure but as soon as we find a solid awsome location then it will be tournies solid all the time.

and it isnt up to ram if we have bi-weeklies or not..... they r our bi-weeklies

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
alrighty...... luigi peach and fox..... wait one of those doesnt belong lol double team time :)

i could be talkin about mario's vs starfox's or i could be talkin about low tier vs high tier who knows lol peach is the ***** backstabber lol

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
F*** luigi and peach
im going to officially ban peachs d-smash instead of a stage
and ram,Well he just gonna get his *** wupped
just playin but see you guys tommorow

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
one more everyone needs to do when playing those two

BAN BRINSTARBAN BRINSTAR
BAN BRINSTAR BAN BRINSTAR
BAN BRINSTAR BAN BRINSTAR
BAN BrINSTAR
BAN BRINSTAR
BAN BRINSTAR
BAN BRINSTARBAN BRINSTAR
BAN BRINSTAR

BAN IT!

What are you waiting on?

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm out of my Depression it's time I show you what I'm capable of and don't play my Scrub Falcon like last time. My Mario is also beasting so I'm ready to Total The Pwnmobile, and send it to the junkyard. No insurance check for you. JK but one more day till the Biweekly WOOT!!!!!

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
I don't think I can make it to this one (unfortunately), but I really want to start going to these things. I don't know any good smashers at UA, and I get REALLY bored playing by myself. So whenever you guys get done discussing business, I want to know what's happening. I'm bored being stuck in my dorm.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea WOW j.ru that is the first QUADRUPLE POST EVER!!! i mean there is an edit butto9n if u want to add more info to a post.

and just to tell everyone i havent played in a week and a half sooooooo lol im coming for fun tomorrow ima let ram rook and boom and my girlfriend clean this one up instead of me and rice. who knows maybe ill play my marth and shiek all day lol or pichu hes fun.

BOOM FTW!!!! :bigrocket:

RAM FTW!!!! :luigi:

ROOK FTW!!!! :dk:

JESSI FTW!!!! :demon:

ME FTL!!!! :hunger: :newbie: :tired: :colorful:

always me FTL!!! lol o well thats the life of a white boy playin a video game competetively..... well against asian people lol.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We will see about that Ram.

bEESWARM17 : well I hope you make it to the next one.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Glad to here that, can't wait to meet you Beeswarm17.

Results from Biweekly:

Singles:1st Drumma Boi, 2nd Rook, 3rd Mr.p

Teams: 1st Ragnarock & Mr.p(Team Exile) 2nd Drumma Boi & Ram

Crew Battle: Team Exile: Ragnarock, LKP1, Mr.P vs
Florida Panhandle: Drumma Boi, Ram, Rook

Winners: Team Exile

That Crew Battle was too close for comfort.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
There's been a few but small changes in the tournament .

There will be low teir tournament, price $2 - $4

And there will be crew battles, price $3 - $5. Price depends on the turnout.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
iono i dont see how u guys won..... i mean i havnt played for 2 weeks and i won singles...... i mean i kinda wrecked the pwnmobile ;) and also if u look rook is 2nd in singles and singles is more recognized of a source of talent. then the crew battle was a poor rep from all of us because it was 3 vs 3 lol from our 7 person crews lol soooo ill say thats the warm up crew battle for u guys so u guys can get used to the rules i mean i didnt even go my main but u know its all good.

p.s. i feel that since our crew made more than ures did we won but ehh who cares.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
no Johns John. They won 2 out of the 3 tourneys. :p

Nice job with singles though.

Top Bottom