• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S2 January 13th Results Thread

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
42 Entrants, 15 for teams, 38 for singles. 28 man bracket, double elim. 7 pools, top 4 in each advancing.

Singles:

1 Bobby, $260
2 Wes, $74
3 112, $37
4 X2X, Handshake
5 Moogle
5 Chad
7 ihavespaceballs
7 Myztec
9 Chris
9 KOKingpin
9 Datman
9 Reflex
13 Tong
13 Rayku
13 Sensai
13 Actn
17 Seph
17 Blue
17 Nice1
17 Menthol
17 Prac
17 TBAG
17 Gerbil
17 3GOD
25 Da Nami
25 Professor X
25 Migull
25 Greg

29-38 were pwned in pools. >.<

Teams:

1 Hardass, $105 (Wes & Bobby)
2 it's over 9000, $30 ( Moogle & Sensai)
3 Johnny Nero Action Hero, $15 (IHSB & Ambix)
4 Danny Dillan Action Villain ( Chad & Myztec)
5 Zesty Asians (Daniel Zamann & Tong)
5 soul food (X2X & Da Nami)
7 Team Sad (Rayku & 3God)
7 two black guys (ACTN & Seph)
9 GPC Personal Trainers ( i forgot sorry)
9 axis of evil (KoKingpin & Reflex)
9 buncake (Ares & Prac)
9 Oreo (112 & Greg)
13 HNIC (Gerbil * Epsilon)
13 Happy Feet (Ninja & Rafel)
13 ranrod (forgot too sorry)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Meh apologies for the stupid file not working at my house. Anyways, shoutouts.

CyberLANding - Thanks for letting us host the tourny there, not like you'll ever read this though rofl.

X2X - **** dude have you gotten badass. But it's cool, I'm comming for you... sooner or later :(

Reflex - I wish everyone would have stopped trying to give me advice and tell me what to do. :( I fight you often enough and I know how to play the game extremely well so it's not like I didn't know what I was doing in our matches. They got really heated up man, and I have no johns though I wish I did beat you. Twas close, as always.

Myztek - Dude... I loved our set. I can't get over it, because just a few short months ago you messed me up like crazy, but today I actually took you to game 3. I surprised myself a bit. I had an awesome set, but I want another go at it next time lol.

Chad - Never got our fox ditto in, though the Pika/Fox matches were awesome. We'll get them sooner or later, even if I have to wait for INNV.

ihavespaceballs - I'm glad to see you made it man, I knew I bugged you so often and you kept telling me about your dorm, but meh you made it so who cares right!?!? ROFL

Sensai - 0.o Our pool was weird...

3GOD - Glad you made it man, didn't play you though.

AMBIX - 0.o Our pool was weird...

Doc - Glad you came, I hope to see you more often.

Epsilon - Thanks for teaming dude, better luck next time with us though lol.

Snowman - Master your edge game with Samus lol. She doesn't have many killing moves, it's usually about the edge guard.

112 - you impressed me greatly today dude, I liked what I saw. Keep that **** up.

Greg - Good set man, but I refused to lose to another Ganon, I get pwned by them enough as it is and I was tired of it lol.

Wes - Good **** dude, I seriously thought you had this tournament when you took the first set off of Bobby. See you at the next one.

Bobby - Wow you actually paid me back for the slice of pizza lol. Awesome job winning the tournament as always.

Co and Me - Your GF pwns you haha.

Columbus - Good job for showing out as always guys, a lot of you have gotten way better.

Blake - wtf where are you?

Everyone I forgot - Sorry but I'm just to tired, I'll edit my shoutouts if you remind me later lol.

Ares726

Smash Ace
G4S2 was awesome! Everybody that was there knows it, but for those who didn't show: it rocked.

X2X- Your set with Chad was ridiculous! That last life on Brinstar man...you made Reflex have a seizure ('nuff said)

Reflex- Good job going as far as you did. I hate the Columbus smashers always eleminates each other. It was really fun playing with you

Gerbil- I didn't get to play you, but hopefully I'll be coming more on Fridays so I can get some Fox practice. I suck against Foxes.

Ninja- I liked talking with you man. You've got some mad Pika skills.

Prac- Good teaming with you as always. Maybe next time we'll actually go somewhere with it. Ah well, still very fun.

Wes- Crazy finals sets. You've got mad DI man. Can't wait for your next tournament.

Mog112- Great job man. Way to go to Round 5 with Bobby. Your Marth is pretty awesome.

Bobby- Congrats. I liked watching you and Wes play all 3 of those sets, good matches.

Conyers does exist?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Reflex - You owe me a fight >.< Hugs...interesting. I'll see you again one day

Gerbil - You complain so much about how bad you get paired up in brackets and in teams xD

Alpha - At least I didn't have to play you again. I was angry enough at Prac's Samus

Prac - I hate Samus

Blake - WHY DON'T YOU EVER COME. *angry*

Wes - nice haircut xD

Bobby - gj winning. I wanted to play you at one point, I guess me leaving so early kinda destroyed any hopes of that

Sensai and Moogle - awesome housing with you guys. DOUBLE TIPPER YAAAAAA

Darvel - thanks for housing, d00d. The Ness thing should have been recorded, it was the best comeback I've ever seen

That's all the people whose names I caught. Sorry if I forgot anyone, I did talk to a lot of people =) I might not see you guys anymore unless I can find a ride or two to the next tournies there. Until then, peace out guys

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hye I never once complained about my brackets matchups!! I was stoked to have made brackets lol, it was the pools you were thinking of. >.>

flaco

The Terminator
Reflex - You owe me a fight >.< Hugs...interesting. I'll see you again one day

Gerbil - You complain so much about how bad you get paired up in brackets and in teams xD

Alpha - At least I didn't have to play you again. I was angry enough at Prac's Samus

Prac - I hate Samus

Blake - WHY DON'T YOU EVER COME. *angry*

Wes - nice haircut xD

Bobby - gj winning. I wanted to play you at one point, I guess me leaving so early kinda destroyed any hopes of that

Sensai and Moogle - awesome housing with you guys. DOUBLE TIPPER YAAAAAA

Darvel - thanks for housing, d00d. The Ness thing should have been recorded, it was the best comeback I've ever seen

That's all the people whose names I caught. Sorry if I forgot anyone, I did talk to a lot of people =) I might not see you guys anymore unless I can find a ride or two to the next tournies there. Until then, peace out guys
lol Wes-nice hair cut whats wrong with you lol

chaddd

Smash Lord
The real winner is god for not giving me a ride to the tourney.

There, I said it.

And who is this other Chad and why didn't he take top 3? Hmmm...

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
shooout outs..........

gerbil-nice teamin with ya. yah we couldve done betta.........just that....we didnt lol!

sensai-nice 2 meet yah man!

wes- mf'er......... u couldnt flacon punch me but ya still ot me ova with that pika. i puit up a fight though eh?

daniel-zaman-i couldve sworn i was gonna win that mm but ya still got yur 3 victories in. nice ganondorf

kokingpin- **** ur sheik to hell....i ahte sheik dittos........lol nice games

professor x- still coming and u amde it to brackets!

random kid that beat me- u wont be so lucky next time...ill be awake for yur match
and those ice climbers wont be so...icey

prac- u know i sooooooooo had that last kill........GARHHH

alpha- truly the best man opn earth, thxs for the ride to adn from columbus. u pwn in 897897 degress! neva got to play u though

bobby- when i was playing yur jigg i wanated to hum the king combo vid music. but by far yur my fav elite smasher. thxs for all the input and advice and the smoking sessions. not to mention the lighter.

darvel- whered u go! we neva got our 2nd match in!

reflex----i feel bad, i had one more stock to take off of you adn u were at like 110% dmg and i was sheik adn u still eluded me........ u ahve a nice bowser. ive seen betta but yurs is still **** good. ive always wnated to play yurs and now i see y eveyrone fears it lol

mog112?-i think it was u with team oreo? i wanna get a one on one with u and se what ahppens , i have to try somethign out i noticed in our team match

chad-crazy pika....lol

ares- yes conyers exists!

if if orgot someone im sry....ya just didnt amaze me then :p

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Eps... there is no way you have seen better than reflex's bowser...

For christs sake the man pulled even with Azen's bowser....

Nite

Smash Champion
Chad, Myz, IHSB- You guys went and didn't tell me! :cry: *cries myself to sleep*
I would've paid gas money. Especially since there was no biweekly this weekend.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Sorry I didn't show at GX Alpha. There was no way i was gonna get up a 6am on a Saturday, and then show up at GX when it isn't even open. I'd most likely fall asleep during all my matches. Next time you have a tourny and I don't have to wake up so early I'll come... hopefully. It seems as though I will never get the chance to play the Legendary Gerbil.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Legendary....? Dude I suck.... I want to know who this legendary Gerbil guy is too... he stole my name!

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Sorry I didn't show at GX Alpha. There was no way i was gonna get up a 6am on a Saturday, and then show up at GX when it isn't even open. I'd most likely fall asleep during all my matches. Next time you have a tourny and I don't have to wake up so early I'll come... hopefully. It seems as though I will never get the chance to play the Legendary Gerbil.
to true man.........i didnt think sleep would bother me but then i started to drift away during my pool matches. so i just threw alot fo games and i ended up sleeping in one of the booths. i worked the ngith b4 till 2 am and then drove too gx at 5 am to wait for alpha.........

i was pwned lol

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I myself could have done better as well, I choked on game 3 against Myztek and missed a tech that cost me a life, as well as another recovery that cost me a life. Ah well can't win them all huh? And in teams... dude Eps.... rofl you got mercked so bad haha. I mean, I know I got tore up when it came down to the 1v2 but I still can't get the images out of my head when you got double teamed so hard. I normally would be upset but it was to **** funny. But what made it suck was that I could never get close enough to help you out >.<. Heh we suck as a team.

Oh and the random kid that beat you was my friend Miguel. He plays Smash non competitively, and told us he would try out a tournament for once. I was surprised you lost to him.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I myself could have done better as well, I choked on game 3 against Myztek and missed a tech that cost me a life, as well as another recovery that cost me a life. Ah well can't win them all huh? And in teams... dude Eps.... rofl you got mercked so bad haha. I mean, I know I got tore up when it came down to the 1v2 but I still can't get the images out of my head when you got double teamed so hard. I normally would be upset but it was to **** funny. But what made it suck was that I could never get close enough to help you out >.<. Heh we suck as a team.

Oh and the random kid that beat you was my friend Miguel. He plays Smash non competitively, and told us he would try out a tournament for once. I was surprised you lost to him.
lol.........yeah dde...i was drifting in andd out of sleep...adn lost..so i was liek w/e by then. i didnt care at that poinbt lol. i was so close to beating prac..(no offense to him but he was easy) but again i couldnt stay awake andd when we werew both down to one stock i knocked him over to where he couldnt come back and i killed myself.....lol

just ran off of and died lol...........so pointless...........yet unavoidable..due to lack of sleep...

Sensai

Smash Master
Reflex for president.

It was nice matching with you fellas. I'd do a shoutout to everyone, but it'd take to long and there's still that one person or so that I'd forget. So, I'll keep it really short.

Gerbil: Our pool was friggin' crazy.
Rayku: Nice housing and such. Still can't believe the double tipper. Or Seph's Ness.
Seph: Thanks for the housing. Fun times, and I'm putting your Wii number in as soon as my sister puts down Zelda.

See? Short and simple. Hope to see you all at G4S3, whenever it may be.

And to whoever was in the FoD IC's coin battle...WE SURVIVED!

flaco

The Terminator
Am just random enough to even post here becuase I didnt even go to the torny but that guy in the shot out that told wes nice hair cut that was just plain stupid lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
flaco- Please quit spamming this thread. People say stuff like that all the time. It's nothing new.

Anyways, I wish I could've come. :cry:

Ambix

Smash Ace
see you guys at INN V.

moogle is still a sexy devil (sexy moogle SIG image to follow)

gerbil: blah i should have gone fox against you in pools

This was the first tournament i ever placed in teams with IHSB and actually won something....and beat chad and myz for that matter.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, Ambix, you did really well. You beat the **** outta my Ganon (</3 Peach). 2-0ed me.

Then Gerbil 2-0ed you.

Then I 2-0ed Gerbil.

Weird weird weird pools.

-Chad-

Slackerator
<3 all you guys. The only regret I have is not getting to play Wes..and not banning Brinstar..(two times in the same tourny that screwed me!...what is with that stage?!)

3GOD

Smash Ace
DML - Thanks for deciding to go. I wouldn't have gone without you guys and had a great time!

X2X - Good stuff. Our pool matches were close and I wanted to play you again but didn't get the chance.

Datman - Also nice stuff in pools. Your Falco has good technical skills; just keep stepping up your game!

Professor X - Not sure if you even read the boards, but I want to semi-apologize for gaying your Kirby so much in pools. I just wasn't going to take any chances about getting into the bracket! I actually feel like I learned a lot about patience from playing you - longest matches I've ever played.

Seph - Your Ness was pretty nice, just a really bad matchup for Sheik, though you certainly scared me at the end of that first game.

Actn - I think that was your name! Nice Mario! You have inspired me to pick him up a little bit more! Also really good matches - I was hoping for a rematch, but it will have to take place another time!

Moogle - Good stuff as always! You play so many characters well! I was pretty pleased with our games, though I think you were off your top game a little. Even so, I was sad that I had to face you in the winner's bracket - I felt like I could have gone one game further maybe against someone else.

KOKingPin - Great to meet you - wish we had gotten to play a little more. Hope to see you at INNsomnia V.

Gerbil - Yeah I am sorry I didn't get to play you. Just based on watching, it looked like your Fox has improved A LOT since START smashing back in November.

Reflex - Without a doubt the nicest bowser I've seen.

Probably missing some other people, so a general shoutout to everyone who was there - great to play you or at least watch you play. Congratulations to the winners!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wow, I'm lazy. Shoutouts will come soon...

In the meantime, thanks for all of the compliments. I have a fair amount to say about the tourney. :D

Prac352

Smash Lord
Bobby- Congrats on first. . . Thanks for those 40 secs

Wes- Congrats on second. I love watching you play

112- CCongrats on third. Your Marth is amazing. I really liked your counter recoveries XD

X2X- Alpha, you freaking rock

Gerbil- It's always fun giving you a hard time. Sorry if i hit a soft spot.

Reflex- Always a blast, man.

Rayku- Samus probably hates you too. Feelings are often mutual. I got your number, dude.

Datman- Definitely a humbling set. Thankyou sir, may i have another?

KOKingpin- Nice set in pools. Yoshi as a Bowzer clone? XD

Eps- No Wai, J00 GaWt pWnxorz'd!!1 . . . I underestimated your Sheik though. Not bad at all.

Miguel- Hopefully we'll be seeing you at future tournies.

Ares- You gotta start pulling your weight man.

Everybody I missed- Thanks for coming

Ares726

Smash Ace
Two posts in one day? Jeez Prac, you're turning into a spammer. Just kidding.

I do need to start pulling my own weight in teams though.
*Read: Lose my lives faster so you can't steal them and suicide.*

Gerbil- I need to start playing your Fox because I suck against Foxes and yours is awesome. I'll be coming more often on Fridays. By the way, have you/X2X thought about holding biweeklies or anything like that? Just some food for thought.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
3GOD: It's cool. I was upset at the time, because this had happened to me once before against a Fox and there is nothing I can think of to do against a character twice Kirby's speed that runs away. But really I shouldn't be upset at you; it just proved that I need to have a serviceable secondary character with some speed. And I will by the next tournament.

X2X & Gerbil: Great job with the tournament.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
At Ares: Yeah we have been trying to work out Bi Weekly plans. At the moment though we can't. We have to find a venue that does not require to much money from the pot. Plus we have to figure out how we would dish out prizes for the bi weeklies and how much % goes towards the overall pot. But don't worry, we are working on it.

Also about the Fox practice. Anytime on Fridays man, just ask me. I just wish my Fox were awesome enough to actually win the set against someone good instead of always going game 3.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Also about the Fox practice. Anytime on Fridays man, just ask me. I just wish my Fox were awesome enough to actually win the set against someone good instead of always going game 3.
You say any saturday and i would come to columbus once in a while.

Friday's too bad for me cause i dont get outta class till 1, then i'd have a 4 hour drive. D:

Top Bottom