• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
ChozenOne Teaches Jiggs. That is all..

If you have a question post it here... Perhaps someday you too will "Fux with Amazing".... How do I know? because im the best Jigglypuff there is.. next to King. dont believe me? tough cookies, it's the truth. if you havent gotten a chance to see me play in person, i pity you. Anyway, I do the same rediculous Jiggly shizz on most everyone i play, and **** them because i am amazing. The combos you will learn in this thread (straight from the mind of ChozenOne), combined with some practice, will make your Jiggly a monster. Chances are this will be the only good thread in the Jigglypuff boards, so check every day, multiple times. Dont spam my thread saying which combos "dont work" because i assure you i do them on a daily basis with ease. If you can't do them, learn some tech skill, nublet.

You can Dthrow CFalcon and wait for him to have bad DI, and rest him that way.. or you can wait for him to tech into you... and rest him that way.

More Fantastic ChozenOne Tricks to Come.

Good Day Sirs.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
what is an effective way of approaching falco? I don't have a problem with fox for some reason because i get so much fox practice. i mean i still ahve trouble but i ....whatever that doesnt' matter. what i'm getting at is my original question. how do i approach a falco? something besides float and duck under lasers and if that's your case please tell me situational ways or what specific mindgame to use. thanks.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
what is an effective way of approaching falco?
The first thing you need to do in this matchup is make him scared to approach you. I can guarantee you that they're mindgames will change completly after that first Uthrow rest.. be aware of this change. I find that specially against Falco, Fairs are far more useful than Bairs are.. against Fox. Fox can Usmash you out of shield, or if the knockback isn't great enough he'll punish you w/ an Uair. Or grab-Uair. Falco doesn't have the same options. Fairs [when spaced correctly] are great for keeping up the pressure on Falco, and when he's under pressure constantly he won't have time to spam lasers. Use 1-2 jumps, and Fair forward, and then retreat backwards. Nairs are not very effective here unless you're edgeguarding and need something high priority fast. Fastfallers fall too fast for Nair.

Something besides float and duck under lasers and if that's your case please tell me situational ways or what specific mindgame to use. thanks.
Unfortunatly usually during the first 1-2 stocks this is how i play. Very defensive. This usually causes people to become frusterated, and make mistakes. Ussually i find that Falco's play alot more defensive than Fox players so this is alot more applicable in this case. Wavedash is your friend here. Good players ussually space so well that if you do a Wavedash back, and then grab you can get them, and they can't get you. When a Falco does a Dair Wavedash back, grab, and Uthrow. Once they get to 41+ [and you can't Uthrow rest them anymore] you can still Uthrow --> Uair --> Combo.. don't forget to let your opponent waste their jump aswell. Do the first Uair, wait like 1 second so the second jump goes away, and then continue.. rest if possible.

Depending on the situation and how far away the Falco is (i'm thinking of FD here..) i ussually Jump Pound, Jump while i'm still in the air] and do an Fair, do a Nair [so they move/get scared] LC, and then grab.. don't assume that this'll work every time. Instead of going for the Nair, do a Fair, and then retreat. If your opponent likes to shieldgrab alot, you can totally skip doing the Nair/Fair/whatever, and just fall behind them and grab. Most people expect an arial from a Jiggs, so when one doesn't come they still wait, and expect one. Mindgames. Also it they like to shieldgrab alot you can do falling Uairs (but i only really suggest this on Falco when he's atleast 20+ %.. otherwise you won't beable to followup with another one. btw... if you're not playing on a Large Flat stage like PS, DL64, or FD, make sure you space w/ Fairs, and never stay directly under him.. Dairs are nasty.

I actually think that the problem most unexperienced Jiggs players face in this match is ledge recovery.. for you. Falco's Dairs can be quite the problem, and a well placed Dtilt can send you forward, and away @ a 60* angle --> follow up with a Dair. Spikes can be pretty nasty, so don't be afraid to stall with pounds for alittle while.

Good Day Sirs.

edit- oh yeah.. Dair is pretty good here to. Much like Falco's Dair that he can jump over you can work you down with, you can do the same thing to him.. Dair-->LC'd Nair-->Grab is also pretty nasty too.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
how do i beat m2k? [ of course i cant because hes so great, but how can i not lose as much ]

okay forget that, time for nubby posts.

when marth forward throw chaingrabs you, which direction do you DI? I normally DI down and away but sometimes it ends up into a wavedash fsmash and I die. Or if he is tricky he will do a downthrow to confuse me and be in perfect tipper range if i try to DI anything but towards him.

how do I avoid downthrow to knee by a quick captain falcon? I normally DI towards him or down or up and try to jump out of it, but people who know what percentages allow me to do certain things will just follow up and knee me regardless. I have also tried dodging in midair to land quickly and get away but I am unable to land in time.

how do i beat a fox who dash dances back and forth and waits for me while shooting me with lasers and keeps running away until he finds a chance to grab me and then upthrow upairs me. I have one of three options, dodge, roll, or jump, but if i dodge he waveshines followed up by a jab to grab, if i roll he simply follows the roll and if i jump he will run away and start lasering again.

how do you edgeguard a samus?

how do you edgeguard a peach?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Can't resist this one... Throw yourself into their bombs as they bombjump/just keep using WoP off stage. These days I don't think Samus should be able to make it back against a smart Jigglypuff...I've had some bad experiences man.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
hey i got a question...what kind of character is jiggy best teaming up with?
Jigg's best Team Mate is herself. All of Jigg's strength's compliment herself, and if one of you runs out of jumps the other can take over the edgeguarding. Random rests are also quite nice. Jiggs is also good with Shiek, and Marth. Not Peach. Not Samus. Fox and Falco are "ok" but Shiek, Marth, and Jiggs by far.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
When marth forward throw chaingrabs you, which direction do you DI?
Up and Away.. @ a 70* toward the corner he's throwing you. Do not DI down. It doesn't work, and as you said it can result in a tip to the face.

How do I avoid downthrow to knee by a quick captain falcon?
You can't avoid it. A good Falcon ***** Jiggs. Don't get grabbed. Space Bairs, and grab alot. Bthrow is where it's at. I'll post some vids of me+G-Reg some time... DI the same as Marth's throws.. Up and Away. It's the best you can do..

How do i beat a fox who dash dances back and forth and waits for me while shooting me with lasers and keeps running away until he finds a chance to grab me and then upthrow upairs me?
Keep the pressure on him. He cannot spam you if he cannot laser you. Do lots of Bairs, and mindgame in grabs. Don't let him spam you.. be aggressive. When he does a falling Uair, WD back and then grab him.. you know the rest ;)

How do you edgeguard a samus?
Fair her, and her bombs. Fall ontop of her with an Nair, and then Fair her. Or like Btree said become suicidal...

How do you edgeguard a peach?
If a Peach knows how to DI then you will never get this oppertunity. Fairs, and Bairs. keep the pressure up so she has no choice but to use her parasal, and then edgehog. I find that Bairs are better for the killing, but Fairs are better for the guarding.

TisforTOOL

Smash Rookie
I'm a realtive newbie to SSBM. I only recently learned about L-cancelling and wavedashing, etc. and I've never competed in a serious tournament or anything. I apologize if this question has an obvious answer, but what is the best approach against a Shiek who is used to your style? I typically play against my friend who doesn't really use any advanced techniques or anything, but he still usually beats me. I can compete fairly evenly against his Marth, but I'm having trouble against his Shiek. I stumbled across these forums the other day, so I figured I'd ask for advice from someone more experienced than I. Here is a link to a match between the two of us where we are testing a video capture card that he recently purchased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLGE2VGkfl8

I would appreciate any feedback you could give me that might improve my game. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but with the increase of independent Jigglypuff help threads recently, I felt that this thread was more appropriate for my question.

Thank you in advance.

-TOOL

(Note: Sorry for the lack of sound. This particular night we were enjoying a bottle of absinthe a little too much. Consequently, we forgot to plug in the sound input before recording the match. )

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Tool, I didn't see you pound much other than to recover until the end of the match. Try to use it more (but not too much, otherwise you'll become predictable and it's a move that is easy to punish), because it has a huge hitbox and great priority. Try to avoid grabs against Sheik as much as possible, because they can lead to lethal combos, and if you do get grabbed, DI toward her so at least then you won't get hit with a fair. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you; I freakin' hate Sheik.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm a realtive newbie to SSBM. I only recently learned about L-cancelling and wavedashing, etc. and I've never competed in a serious tournament or anything. I apologize if this question has an obvious answer, but what is the best approach against a Shiek who is used to your style? I typically play against my friend who doesn't really use any advanced techniques or anything, but he still usually beats me. I can compete fairly evenly against his Marth, but I'm having trouble against his Shiek. I stumbled across these forums the other day, so I figured I'd ask for advice from someone more experienced than I. Here is a link to a match between the two of us where we are testing a video capture card that he recently purchased.

I would appreciate any feedback you could give me that might improve my game. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but with the increase of independent Jigglypuff help threads recently, I felt that this thread was more appropriate for my question.

Thank you in advance.

-TOOL

(Note: Sorry for the lack of sound. This particular night we were enjoying a bottle of absinthe a little too much. Consequently, we forgot to plug in the sound input before recording the match. )
Bait the up tilts to rest! That combo is great against Sheik! >_<

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Whats a good way to grab an extremely fast Fox player?

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Jigg's best Team Mate is herself. All of Jigg's strength's compliment herself, and if one of you runs out of jumps the other can take over the edgeguarding. Random rests are also quite nice. Jiggs is also good with Shiek, and Marth. Not Peach. Not Samus. Fox and Falco are "ok" but Shiek, Marth, and Jiggs by far.
hahahaha

I'd guess Fox, seeing how far The Kings (Mew2King/King) and The Kishes (KishPrime/KishSquared) have gotten. It's really difficult to tell, anyways.

If they're expecting grabs, I'd probably punish them for it with the rest of your game. Grab them later when they aren't ready for it.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Is marth a good way to counterpick jiggs?
and uh.... why is jigg's uthrow to rest sooo ****ing gay.(falco player)
also..... why is MD/VA fuxing w/ amazing

Aero

Smash Journeyman
There are lots of different ways (fair/bair/nair/dair/hit bombs/run into bombs/bait them into nair then punish with your own aerial/etc), but if Samus can read you, she'll probably be able to a figure out a way to avoid you. It's mostly mindgames.
how do you edgeguard a peach?
fair or bair. try to hit her head; for some reason it doesn't seem to knock her as high up (at least for me). It's hard though (I don't know much more than that).
and uh.... why is jigg's uthrow to rest sooo ****ing gay.(falco player)
also..... why is MD/VA fuxing w/ amazing
Marth vs. Jigglypuff is only slightly in Marth's favor (probably even), and that means if Jiggly understands the matchup better than the opposing Marth does (very likely), the Jigglypuff will have the upper hand. On the other hand, Falco is one of Jigglypuff's hardest matchups, so I'd suggest sticking to your main...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I need some good combos into rest against floaty chars, like peach and marth. Please?
You can CC-->Rest on Peach when she DashAtk's you up until 80%. With Marth you can CC-->SS-->Rest anytime he trys to grab you. Understand [like i've said several times before in these forums] that there are no "set combos". Everyone is different. The best i can offer you is Pound-->You opponent's bad DI-->Rest. Or perhaps, Bair-->Uair-->Wait for them to jump-->Uair-->Rest. You really can't go wrong with Utilt to rest.. but it's alot more effective if you falling Uair-->Utilt-->Rest.. less chance of them DI'ing away. Nair is rest is an interesting technique, but it's not really applicable IMO. Stick to waiting for the CC'd DaskAtks, and punishing your opponent when they roll. You can also stand next to them, wait for them to jump out of their shield, and then jump out of your shield, and rest them then. Also when Marth does a Fsmash, you can SS-->Rest him, or if he spaces very well [ie. to get a tip] you can even roll-->Rest. Other than that it's kindof impossible to rest a good Peach.. but there's always hope for Marth. Weak arials to rest work well too.

It's very difficult. You can try to WD forward when they do a Dair, and then grab them then.. or you can try to do and arial, and the LC, and grab them in the air while they're still being affected by the lag. Falling Uair is too good.

Kindof. Like AeroShadow said Marth has the advantage, and with one bad case of not DI'ing the Jiggs can die @ 40%. Marth however is quite easy to combo with Jiggs, and he's pretty easy to edgeguard. Peach v. Marth is about the same as Jiggs v. Marth if both players know the matchup.

Why is jigg's uthrow to rest sooo ****ing gay.
It's not that gay. She's asleep for 5 seconds. Miss a rest against Ganon.. then tell me how "gay rest is".. Or learn to DI.

Why is MD/VA fuxing w/ amazing
We have MEGA!

Good Day Sirs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I seem to have a large amount of trouble beating some Marth players. I've tried using b-airs and retreating, but everytime I do they grab me from the air. So, my questions are:

What is an effective way besides b-airs and f-airs to approach a Marth?

and

Is b-throw to edgeguarding a good way to edgeguard a Marth?

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
What is an effective way besides b-airs and f-airs to approach a Marth?
Is there any thing else?? My guess is that you're not spacing well enough, and you're not taking edvantage of the disjointed hitbox. If you really want another way (however i most certainly find the aformentioned the most effective) you can always FF falling Uairs, or Rolldodge --> Grab. My only advice here is that you need to work on her WoP'ing skills. You should be able to get two Bairs out of one full jump if you time them correctly, and there is no way a Marth can grab you if you space correctly.

Is b-throw to edgeguarding a good way to edgeguard a Marth?
That's a good way to edgeguard everyone. Except perhaps Peach, and Jigglypuff.. but only due to the fact that they're recovery is so good you can't really edgegurad them.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman

Thank you in advance.

-TOOL

Alcohol is bad for your health and bad for game play...

Like someone said before, use the pound attacks... Also, not sure if you know this, but you know you could tilt your pound attack up or down... In your video, all your pound attacks are straight... Only one pound attack during your recovery was tilted upwards... Some of those pounds could of actually connected if you had just tilted it up or down...

Grabbing a floaty like character, down is the way to go, that way you can spam Uair and not worry about them being far above you...

Short hop attacks could be your best bet since you're roommate's Shiek is pretty good at shield grabbing...

Wavedashing towards the edge just to get close to your enemy seems a tad pointless... Just do a regular short hop fair... To abuse bair, I rather dash-dance a little bit so that Jiggly's back is turned and start spamming away...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion

-TOOL
Like several of the other Topics where i posted advice, i'm just going to go through and list stuff..

Stay off the ground. Jigg's is best in the air, b/c she has alot of mobility, and options. On the ground she is slow to move, and slow to react. Use what few strengths you have.

Don't Uthrow non space animals. Uthorw on floaties is a waste of a throw. Bthrow, or Fthrow.. and if this shiek or ppl of compriable weight Dthrow --> Rest.. if your opponent has very bad DI.

Dair less.. Nair is ussually better in most situations. Dair is good for damage, and working down shield, and it's an "ok" mindgame b/c most people don't expect it.. however it has very little knockback, and too much lag, therefore it's very difficult to followup after. When in doubt of using Dair or Nair.. Nair.

Shieldgrab better. and grab more. Jigglypuff has some of the best grabs besides Marth, Shiek, Peach, and the other top tiers. You also have total control over someone when you grab them, and control over which way they go. Grabs also counter shielding, so use that Z button. Learn to grab better, and your Jigglypuff will improve 10 fold.

Use pound.. / learn to use pound. I think i say one pound that entire game. Pound (when used excessivly) however pound is an amazing move that should also be taken advantage of. Learn it's odd hitbox, and knock your opponent's into the air for easy comboing.. Pound=Fuxing With Amazing.

Learn to combo. Self explianitory. Uairs on CPUs first, and then transfer your new skills to the "real" game. It's all about timing and mindgames. Combo'ing also is good are controlling where your opponent travels, and is also good @ doing damage fast. Comboing is also Fuxing With Amazing.

DI better.. / DI the Dthrow better ie- Up toward the opposite corner she is facing. Then @ about 100+ start DIing Up and Away from her front.. you can sometimes jump out of the inevitable Fair. DIing is about making a perpendicular line with your controller to the direction in which you are traveling. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Work on resting. Also another important tech skill for any Jiggs player to master. Just practice more.. like i said previously. Resting is not easy contriary to popular belief. Practice, and mindgame that shizz in.

Tech better. Hit R/L when you hit the ground or a wall, while flying from an attack. It is quite good.

Followup faster. This goes with comboing.. Do not hesitate, or you will miss an oppertunity, or give your opponent one. That is all.

Absinthe is terrible. Drink better liquer. I suggest Don Diago.

Good Day Sir.

lain

Smash Master

Thank you in advance.

-TOOL

that sheik enjoys dash attacking a little too much. CC --> rest is fun to do

after that first u-tilt at 3:22 you should have just sat there and rested.

at 5:18 if you had CC'd his dash instead of shielded you could have probably ended the game right there

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i can answer all of ur questions ahead of time, chz1 style.

Q: How do i win?

A: Uthrow rest, sidestep rest, duck grabs rest

Q: How do i beat a char who can avoid these antics, and/or a smart player overall

A: You ask someone besides Chz1

Metà

Smash Master
Why exactly did ChozenOne get banned? I haven't really seen him outright spam; his posts usually have a purpose. :ohwell:

EDIT: Wait a sec...two minutes ago, it said ChozenOne was banned, now he isn't. Did he like, just get unbanned a moment ago?

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
hmm.. Marth, Shiek (but only when she doesn't get the game to glitch with her rediculous dashgrab..), Peach, Falcon, Samus, Gannon, Link, Roy, Y. Link, Yoshi, MewTwo.. these are the ones i know. As a rule of thumb, generally the characters that are lower to the ground, and have a lower grab range can grab Jiggs, and Kirby..

Desu- *pound* You are a SWF person that is totally awesome.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
They must be giving him banned points for putting those quotes in his signature, because the signature disappeared each time he got banned.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
aww come on, they cant keep banning chozenone...who else can give sage advice to us noob jiggy players? its going to spiral into a complete downfall of jiggy, because no jiggys will be good enough to compete in tournaments, we will remain noobs forever, and eventually jiggy will completely disappear...DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOURE DOING??????

Top Bottom