• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Why Uthrow -> knee when u can Uthrow -> Fsmash? lol Uthrow into Knee isn't actually even guarenteed until around 120-125 I believe.
Exactly. That's what I was trying to point out, but perhaps I should have said that the f-smash works at a lower percent (somewhere like 70-90), UNLESS they DI away. Then you have to techchase them.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Excellent guide, Angelo. I have a problem with a counter-whoring Marth. I've tried feigning the full-jumped Knee, but I'm too low after he counters. This may be a minor problem, but I still need help. Any tips?

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
Excellent guide, Angelo. I have a problem with a counter-whoring Marth. I've tried feigning the full-jumped Knee, but I'm too low after he counters. This may be a minor problem, but I still need help. Any tips?
After about one successfully predicted counter I bet he won't try that again, you should do what MikeHaggar said. You really ain't got nothing to loose except a few % from the counter. So what if he didn't counter and escaped. Don't get greedy on a Marth.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Hmm... Couldu tell me like, why6 they are better? What advantages / disadvantages?

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Marth balances out Falcon more then Sheik. For example, Falcon has bad recovery and edge guarding skills. Marth is better in these areas than is Sheik, so he makes up for those weaknesses found in Falcon more than Sheik does. Also, Marth is better at handling the space animals (and the floaties too) than Sheik - and in this game a character's advantage over any of the top few characters is a legitimate reason.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
um.....although sirnegrojuice has given all adequte and legitimate reasons

i'd like to point out one major one that he's overlooked

EL CHOCO DIABLO

comment.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the damage for the up B needs to be updated. it says it's probably crappy, but it can actually deal 17, more than the knee. it has damage for the initial grab and then damage for the explosion, so it can deal less if your opponent gets hit out of it by a teammate or something.

D

Deleted member

I figured out a new really easy way to shield cancel the gentleman every time.

Press A for first punch
Press Z for second punch
Press Z for third punch and then hold Z

Your light shield will come up and then you can wavedash out of it to quickly respace and/or follow up.

I'm sure someone else has already found/posted this method, but I thought it was a really good find so I thought I should post it.

Gentlemans are really useful and I'm starting to like it almost as much as the shine.

Top Bottom