• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
That's his hit box? Crazy. Someone needs to dude Fox's Utilt and Upsmash. I'm curious at how big those two are.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
great, now everybody other than me and possible other falcos know how good that is...now you know why i land so many of them....

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
hilarious pic cam. I'm sooo ready for all that's coming my way. Attitude change. Lifestyle change. Its happening. And zeton I need to talk to you.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I searched for **** sauce on this thread, but I couldn't find the picture. I was gonna comment on Domo's post, too... :/

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hey, are any of you contemplating coming to Joker's tournament on the 9th? Some of you had expressed interest but I didn't know for sure. I would say without your attendance we are somewhere between mid to high 30's.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
lol @ holms and afin. Jokers... Maybe I'll go. I'll see wat s happenin. Tenative scheduele please like wat days I'll need off work. Please and thanks.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Pictochat and Jungle Japes should be banned.

Discuss.
If we keep banning stages like this, then we're not going to even have counter-pick stages. How about this: keep banning stages, then I'm not playing this game anymore.

lol @ holms and afin. Jokers... Maybe I'll go. I'll see wat s happenin. Tenative scheduele please like wat days I'll need off work. Please and thanks.
Perhaps we'll leave on Friday, Jan 8th and come back either on the night of Jan 9th or the next day.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know I had a right to complain about levels as a mk main. If so then ban everythng but fd lol (xtreme sarcasm). Really guys quit banning **** and play the ****in game. If the levels that bad ban it. If you can't choose between 2 levels you should ban pick a secondary and stfu please and thank you.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
wut stages that can hurt you getting banned? people are finally coming to thier senses?
Glad someone agrees with me.

Honestly, the only reason I brought this up is because of the reactions I got from Seibrik and other good players here in Florida after telling them what stages the Midwest normally allows. JJ and PC were the two stages they couldn't believe were still legal here. It got me thinking...

Jungle Japes and Pictochat simply aren't stages that should be seen in competitve play IMO. Remember: This is competitive smash. I just have a hard time understanding how stages that can drastically alter the outcome of a match can be considered competitive.

But yeah, I just wanted to start up some discussion on the matter. I won't be bitter if no changes are made.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Good it seems some of you are interested. Would some one pm me when they have a more or less official head count? Don't worry about housing we have several people that can house.

The turnout seems like it is going to be pretty good. We are drawing a crowd from Nebraska, KC, Minnesota, St. Louis, and some IL. I would guess we will break 40, but I predicted 30 at our last tournament and we had 57 entrants so you never know.

Our stage list on the thread isn't updated. Joker got rid of Mansion, Norfair, and Pirate Ship. However Pictochat, Japes, and PS2 are all still legal. Just an FYI.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
they only affect competitive smash if you let them. there is a different between stuff you let happen and stuff you take measures to prevent. hazards are an extra thing to watch out for, stuff to work around and take care of and in the end take advantage of. if you die to one and start blaming it and say it should be banned, its probably on you. honestly pictochat could be taken off, as having things appear right on you with no warning is very possible. japes is vastly different, hell the crocs come at specific intervals, and can be dealt with. the only thing that could be said as bad about that stage is that it heavily promotes camping. then again this is brawl and every stage supports camping so why bother caring about it. we have to draw a line, between trying to appease other people just because we want them to come and doing what should be done. thats all i have to say on this matter.

oh and before anyone tries to pull the i like japes card i play PIKACHU. my entire playstyle is based off of vertical kills and i ban this nearly everytime due to it being incredibly *****y to kill on that stage with pikachu

fragbait

Smash Master
I feel opposite way. While Picto generaly is a simpler stage and a bit more, dare I say, Neutral, Japes is predictable and countermeasures are easily taken against the Gators. The water isn't that big of a deal, and before someone brings up the fact that the water gimps many characters handily, it's the player, not the stage.

Also, Happy New Year Wichita Smashers! 2010 is the year of ICT Smash in the Midwest.
Thanks to everyone in the Wichita Crew who has supported me and bettered me the past couple of years. Many thanks to those of you who have decided that I wasn't such a bad guy to be around, because I'm glad to have you all as friends. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the coming year.

Top Bottom