• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ Official Luigi Match-Up Thread! ☆

holyv

Smash Journeyman
it kills all the monsters in attack poses on your opponent's field.
that's the only card i remember, because i used to get it all the damn time on yu-gi-oh for playstation.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
oooh yeah, sorry for that.

**** the ike matchup.

Srsly i have no reason for believing that he got the advantage, WE CAN UP-B HIM EVEN IN HIS FASTEST MOVE. I don't care if he has a huge sword, We can gimp him, up-b him, and he can't do **** to us, because cyclone priority ***** D-Tilt, go suck toes ike mains.

why you still play yugioh?

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I still think that we need to decide EXACTNESS, like 60:40 for this, 55:45 for that, and etc...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
so what is the mu against ICs? Is that bearable for luigi players or not really?
It's really not that hard at least until you get grabbed. Overall the mu is just Cyclone to separate, massive amount of mindgames and reading the ics to stay away from grabs, and fsmash or up b when ics get separated.
-2 so that's like 60:40 not an impossible mu to win.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm all right, so its still bad then. I'm mostly asking cuz Im a ddd main and as a ddd main i hate that mu, it sucks balls. I've had a pocket luigi for awhile now however and was thinking of bringing it in this mu although im not too sure if thats good or not, prolly better than ddd atleast im guessing.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
hmm all right, so its still bad then. I'm mostly asking cuz Im a ddd main and as a ddd main i hate that mu, it sucks balls. I've had a pocket luigi for awhile now however and was thinking of bringing it in this mu although im not too sure if thats good or not, prolly better than ddd atleast im guessing.
oh I see. I mean my strategy is just get them separated, have your way with nana and this can be used to bait popo because he needs her, then it should make it easier once nana is dead. Not to mention Jab to nair seems effective because nana might be off with her shield and get hit causing them to get separated.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Jab >CrossUp Bair/Dair works pretty well as shield pressure. If you condition them to start responding to those, they'll eventually start rolling away from you and then you can nado **** them. You should really only be using nado to keep them from landing. Even if they try to stop it, you'll more than likely trade with whatever they throw out and it's a trade that they'll lose out on.

Jab > Retreating Dair is a good mix-up if they start dash grabbing at you in response to the Jab > CrossUps.

boss8

Smash Hero
Dair is also good along with Cyclone vs ICs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKsG3K3aoI

does anyone realize that you are luigi?

you are prob one of the most feared characters in the game,all because you have an all aspiring move that kills MADD early.Use that to your advantage,it only takes patience/smarts.Everyone runs away from luigi due to the fact that.

-he racks dmg
-kills early

^those 2 powers alone give u all the power in the match...

no one said it would be easy....you just hafe to take notes throughout the match.MK is gone you guys.

lets make 2012 weegee's year..

im down if you are..

Luigisama

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKsG3K3aoI

does anyone realize that you are luigi?

you are prob one of the most feared characters in the game,all because you have an all aspiring move that kills MADD early.Use that to your advantage,it only takes patience/smarts.Everyone runs away from luigi due to the fact that.

-he racks dmg
-kills early

^those 2 powers alone give u all the power in the match...

no one said it would be easy....you just hafe to take notes throughout the match.MK is gone you guys.

lets make 2012 weegee's year..

im down if you are..
Thank you so much for saying that boss. I wanted to mention that, but inb4 grabs 2 gud comments. Up b kills like every character immediately at 64% even with DI unless it's D3 which is an auto ko at 70%.

only takes patience/smarts
^this X9000.

yoshq

Smash Master
DO THIS to the op.
[~COLLAPSE="Name of character here"]entire matchup writeup/discussion/thingy here[/COLLAPSE]
(without the ~)

it will make the thread MUCH more readable.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
DO THIS to the op.
[~COLLAPSE="Name of character here"]entire matchup writeup/discussion/thingy here[/COLLAPSE]
(without the ~)

it will make the thread MUCH more readable.
lol thanks. I just hope luigi's aren't lazy enough to click it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Totally agree with what Boss said. Luigi is one scary motha****er to fight against.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so, is always scary playing against someone intimidating, and have the disvantage...

For example if i played against boss, i would be freaked out.

But if i played against some random luigi, i would be boss.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
lol You should learn to control your emotions then Oo

Who cares, the oppenent your facing at. Beat him like ****, and stop hype others. It's the beginning of become better.

Top Bottom