• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ ~ The Wing Cap ~ ☆ (Somewhat outdated)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Bump for adding awesome music to the OP.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
After weeks of procrastinating, I finally did it. High fives all around!

smashking420

Smash Cadet
Ok, for some reason I'm getting a weird poping up on this page, can someone take it off please?

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I was playing around today with Mario, and then I noticed something with his up B. If you do the first hit of up b, usually easy to get grounded, if you tilt the opposite direction on the control stick, Mario will travel there and the up B will only do 1 hit. Im not sure if its known or not but, if it is known, what is it good for? The only time i see its useful is if you are out of jumps trying to recover, you attempt to hit the opponent, with your up B, then move to the direction of the ledge.

Famous

Smash Champion
Yea, it's known already...Hitting with a Reverse UpB deals exactly 5%/1 hit everytime and it has the most knockback of any hit it deals...

...Or are you talking about something else?

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Yea, it's known already...Hitting with a Reverse UpB deals exactly 5%/1 hit everytime and it has the most knockback of any hit it deals...

...Or are you talking about something else?
What I mean is that, you do up B, then immediately move the control stick the opposite direcion of where you are after you do the first hit.

The result would be the rest of the momentum of the Up B on your opposite direction.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Already known, though I'm sure over half the Mario boards doesn't read the metagame analysis.

-A regular SJP is a 70 degree angle.
-Holding forward makes Mario jump to a 45 degree angle.
-Holding Up, then back sends Mario up to a 90 degree angle, and actually increases the jump range, to the point where Mario can land at the top Battlefield platform.
-Holding backwards will make a reverse SJP.
It's a B-Reversed SJP. Generally just a neat trick. No serious application.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
There is serious application to B-Reversaled SJP actually. The initial hit will still have a hitbox as if you were going in the original direction, so it can actually be used as a retreating move (or manipulated for stage spikes and the like).

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
There is serious application to B-Reversaled SJP actually. The initial hit will still have a hitbox as if you were going in the original direction, so it can actually be used as a retreating move (or manipulated for stage spikes and the like).
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. Maybe you can save yourself with it after attacking someone offstage/ in a specific area? etc

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Reverse Up-B is really awesome on Battlefield.

Actually so is upwards angled Up-B. And I don't use them enough.

And Mario is so awesome on Battlefield I really don't think most Mario players are exactly aware how well the stage works to his advantages.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I generally call this a neat trick and not a serious application. Situational even.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
B-reversed SJP has almost no practical use whatsoever. Any kind of "usefullness" it has, however small, is very situational. Honestly, if you are going to do a grounded SJP, it should be OoS.

@Jux: Agreed

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Why woud u wan 2 go the odder way when u hav mor m=chance hitting then going not reverse up B?

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure that's inputting an Up B, then hitting the control stick the other way right after. Mario's fist and the first hitbox should hit the way you're originally facing, then he'll turn and travel upwards the other way.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm pretty sure that's inputting an Up B, then hitting the control stick the other way right after. Mario's fist and the first hitbox should hit the way you're originally facing, then he'll turn and travel upwards the other way.
oh, lol ok. i've never heard of an reverse up-b attack b4.
now a reverse up-smash.....i heard of before. :chuckle:

SKidd

Smash Master
KirinBlaze cap automatically makes you ****

Side effects include:
Nausea
Random music from Super Mario 64
Turning into Link

Top Bottom