• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♫ Lucario Interview Thread ♫ - Junebug

vato_break

Smash Master
as a solid secondary(not as my main, i'm getting tired of diddy) and yes i was, pitbull has been teaching me some stuff!

Edit: why do i feel like no one believes me when i say stuff? maybe i should just lie so people believe the opposite when that really is, in fact, the truth.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
What other languages does The Stauf speak?
Favorite Pokemon?
What motivated you to play and keep playing when you started?
Moona or Ruby?
Did you see me play Luc vs M2K at WGF? If so, what did you think?
When did you decide to go into your current hiatus/retirement? What exactly prompted this?
Pizza or Burrito?
Do you write?
What is your current view of the scene in SoCal?
What are Lucario mains missing?
What is your overall opinion of Brawl?
There's a bad moon on the rise and you hear hurricanes ablowing. What do you do? Why?
What would you change in me as a player?
If you could rock a fro, would you?
Refute the following: Owl>Crow. Explain your reasoning.
Favorite anime?

I think that's enough.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Would Stauffy like this to continue or shall another have a turn at this?
I'm fine with answering questions as long as there are some. Whenever Browny wants to move onto someone else is up to him.

Edit: why do i feel like no one believes me when i say stuff? maybe i should just lie so people believe the opposite when that really is, in fact, the truth.
It's probably all the trolling.

What other languages does The Stauf speak?
None, I'm terrible with languages.

Favorite Pokemon?
Lucario.
That was a pretty easy one.

What motivated you to play and keep playing when you started?
Motivated to play because the game was fun
Kept playing because the community was also fun

Moona or Ruby?
It would be Ruby except she stinks, so Moona.

Did you see me play Luc vs M2K at WGF? If so, what did you think?
Wasn't really paying much attention to anyone playing at WGF, sorry.

When did you decide to go into your current hiatus/retirement? What exactly prompted this?
Uh, I guess it'd be like 4-6 months ago. Sometime in that timeframe was when I decided to stop caring.
It was prompted by the game no longer being fun.

Pizza or Burrito?
Burritos are dandy but nothing beats pizza.

Do you write?
I write something like once in a blue moon when I get the inspiration.
Easier answer is no, I don't write.

What is your current view of the scene in SoCal?
I don't have a very good one because I don't follow results that closely any more.

What are Lucario mains missing?
A viable main.

Fine, Lucario players are missing intelligent play/decision making/knowledge of options or whatever you want to call it. Playing smarter.

What is your overall opinion of Brawl?
It's a fun game. It stole untold amounts of my time and money that in retrospect looks kinda foolish.
We have a love-hate relationship I suppose.

There's a bad moon on the rise and you hear hurricanes ablowing. What do you do? Why?
I don't go 'round tonight, cause it's bound to take my life.

What would you change in me as a player?
Taunt more.

If you could rock a fro, would you?
If I could, perhaps. But I was not born black.

Refute the following: Owl>Crow. Explain your reasoning.
CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

Favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop, always and forever.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah ill wrap this up soon... editing all this stuff on a laptop is gonna be painful >_<

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh god this really will take a long time.

ill do it... eventually. Next person time/does this thread have enough interest to continue?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I vote Trela...assuming he responds.

Trela

Smash Lord
If you guys want me to, I'll definately try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

I'm ready whenever!

Trela

Smash Lord
I asked on you wall but I'll ask since It's my main concern atm.

Lucario vs Marth you opinion on how to play it?
Marth is a character for us that you HAVE to know how to punish correctly in order to win. Excluding AS, there's not really another move in our arsenal that's exactly safe on him, as most of everything else will easily be put a stop to (Fair, especially). Your Shield is going to be your best friend in this MU, since Shield Grabs will be your main weapon against his own. This also helps with the fact that they usually only use their Grab when trying to read and punish any mistakes you make.

Now, a general stradegy I use in MUs that take time to complete is to put my main focus on my enemy's core move. In this case, it's Fair. Fair is the first thing you should always expect when playing a Marth, of course. If you can deal with his Fair, you'll make the entire Set with that Marth MUCH more simple. Predicting the Fair with a retreating AS or Nairing it OoS are good ways to punish it, and they're certainly underrated options for us. Shield Grabbing it when you know it's possible to is another option to use, as well. There's probably other ways to do so, but I recommend these three. Also, some Marths like to abuse the falling Nair trick that leaves them unpunishable. NEVER challenge this, no matter how much it looks like it's punishable!

Next is probably the most difficult part in the MU: Getting Gimped. Marth has a pretty easy time doing this, for he can cover our Jumps and Arials with that there stupid sword of his. Our ES can be stopped with his Dair, too, if the Marth knows how to time it right. To deal with all of this, you have to pay attention to how far away you are from the stage, then go from there. For example, if you're above him, just Dair Stall and AD when he Jumps at you. And if he's on the stage waiting to punish your landing, you should hop on that ledge over there! By the way, don't be afraid to ES onto the stage if you have to! Taking a hit on there is a BILLION times better than eating another hit that puts you back out next to the Blast Zone or getting Spiked to your doom!

So basically, be offensive while also being defensive against a Marth, which is all you actually need in this MU. Also know what he's planning to do to you when your offstage. The rest is really up to you! In my opinion, this MU is a pretty even one, once you get down how to deal with an offensive Marth. You don't have to worry much about a defensive one, as long as you don't get too greedy with your moves! I think I've explained all that I could.

Where did you get your hat?
I got it from an old Melee player here in Houston that was also good friends with Xyro. I actually had to give it back to him at HOBO 29, since he said he was moving away.....

Forever alone :(

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
What country would you conquer if you had the power to with no chance of resistance?

What holiday would you destroy?

How do you feel about the DDD matchup?

What other characters do you use whether it be in tourney or just friendlies?

Do you like pitbulls?(The most important question)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Trela are we gonna ditto MM at whobo? :)

or friendly at thrillmatics?

and then are you going to **** my bad secondaries? [Zero Suit~, Peachums~]

Do you have any Player specific paraphernalia related to yourself besides the now gone hat? :>

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Trela! How much practice do you normally get or how much practice did you put in per week?

Is there anything or someone that really helped you get to you skill level now?

Trela

Smash Lord
What country would you conquer if you had the power to with no chance of resistance?
I thought you'd never ask.....

What holiday would you destroy?
EASILY Christmas.

For once in my life, I won't have to listen to the most ANNOYING music in the history of the universe!

How do you feel about the DDD matchup?
At first, I thought he was actually our worst MU, but as time went by and I got to play more of him, it felt a lot more closer than I was thinking it was. We have the right tools that help us avoid that evil ground game of his and to also Combo him crazy with.

It's not as bad as most people think it is, once you figure out how the DDD works for his Grabs!

What other characters do you use whether it be in tourney or just friendlies?
Everyone else, but only in friendlies! I usually have a new character to play each week, too! They really help get rid of my boredom of playing Lucario when I'm not using him in a tournament.

Do you like pitbulls?(The most important question)
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-

No.

Trela are we gonna ditto MM at whobo?

or friendly at thrillmatics?
If you would like to MM, sure! I haven't played the ditto in such a LONG time. I'll also do friendlies with you, as well, if we ever find the time to do so!

Do you have any Player specific paraphernalia related to yourself besides the now gone hat? :>
Not yet, and when I say that, I mean I have something else planned out for myself :)

Thank you Trela, Also can I see you can Whobo if I go?
Oh, definately! I've noticed that some Lucarios are pretty interested in WHOBO this year. Zucco even wanted to try and come, too!

Are you planning on going to genesis 2 this summer?
Yes sir! I'm going to get a job beforehand, so I can get enough money to do so.

Trela! How much practice do you normally get or how much practice did you put in per week?
I practice nearly every weekend, and sometimes even on weekdays, with my fellow Houston pals. And if I'm ever stuck at the house for a couple of days, I'll just play by myself for about an hour or two each day. After all, I need to continue to play to keep my tech skill in shape!

Is there anything or someone that really helped you get to you skill level now?
All of my friends here in Houston helped get me to where I am today in this game, and I thank them for that. Of course, there's still much more I have to learn about before I get to the level that I'm aiming for!

To be honest, one player that I viewed (and still view) as a motivation to get better overall is Razer himself. It was awesome to meet another player that was the same age as me when I first started out, as it made me feel more comfortable at tournaments. But for some reason, he was ALWAYS another step ahead of me in everything, and he STILL is. I've only managed to beat him once out of the many times we've play, and I can't just sit here and let him do that.

I'll create a consistentcy against him one day, as well as against Gnes and Dojo. It won't be long until I am above all others in this state.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
You're a pretty cool guy :3

What would you recommend somebody who can't make it to tournaments very often do to practice?

Trela

Smash Lord
MM me at genesis Trela? :D
I'm down with it! We can talk about the details for it later.

What would you recommend somebody who can't make it to tournaments very often do to practice?
Practice getting ahold of your character and properly controlling it. Play against CPUs or even go into Training Mode to get into the natural rhythm on your character. If you can execute your options without errors, then the only thing that you'll be missing from this method of keeping up with yourself is knowing exactly when to throw out the correct options, which is what you constantly learn about when playing at a tournament.

If you're still in need of more assistance, though, then don't be afraid to hop onto Wi-Fi. Online play can help fill in the want to figure out what to do in certain situations, but at the cost of slowly deteriorating the good control you have over your character that you earned when you had practiced by yourself. It all depends on what you really need at the time, and how often you do go to tournaments. I train with my friends almost every couple of days, and I have a tournament nearly every weekend, so I do not see the point in also leveling up with that icky lag trailing behind me!

Are you an optimist?
When it comes to this game, I try my best to be one, yes. There are times when I'll doubt myself and if I can actually do the things that I aim to do, but I have those that support my goals and make me continue to walk the path that I am currently on.

Why don't you go home and be a family man camp more?
That's a minor problem I saw in my playstyle after I got home from Pound. I wasn't exactly impatient, but I got cought up in what my character could do when I wasn't just standing and throwing blue stuff at things. The EC overall was more offensive than I thought they were, and whenever one of them would begin to play more cautiously, so would I!

I'll definately work on my defensive game more, though.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trela+christmas&aq=f

saw these in the related vs vex

IS THIS WHY YOU HATE CHRISTMAS
Get out.

Top Bottom