• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

∫unk

Smash Master
getting 2 stocked and doing well cannot be synonymous

beating mks in general is w.e if ur the better player it will happen u could probably play ur secondary or ur terciary and still win

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14

beating mks in general is w.e if ur the better player it will happen u could probably play ur secondary or ur terciary and still win
you have obviously not seen the amount of fail my snake and king dedede can produce on one screen.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

That's like saying haze didn't play well against DMG even though he got 2 stocked in the last match of the set.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You're changing a match to a set.

He didn't do well the last match because he was so frustrated over suiciding the match before where he should have taken the set.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

He didn't do well the last match because he was so frustrated over suiciding the match before where he should have taken the set.
He said Roy R was ***** by Tryant.

I respond even though he was 2 stocked in the last match of the set doesn't mean that it was ****.

He says something else

I point the the Mike Haze set.

It's the same IMO.

http://almostlegendary.mybrute.com/

fight me junk I can't do any more matches my brute gonna wreck yours.

∫unk

Smash Master
u weren't even watching roy r vs tyrant how would u know if it was **** or not

tyrant was almost always in the lead

he was in no danger of losing match 1 either

2-0 + 2 stock in one game + always in control + never last hit situation = ****

1 stock 30% in brawl is **** if they died at 140

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
u weren't even watching roy r vs tyrant how would u know if it was **** or not

tyrant was almost always in the lead

he was in no danger of losing match 1 either

2-0 + 2 stock in one game + always in control + never last hit situation = ****

1 stock 30% in brawl is **** if they died at 140
He went 2-0? i thought Roy R one of the matches well i guess that is **** then....

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, I dunno. Perhaps MK is Marth's worse match-up, but I still think it's 60-40. A lot of people don't consider a lot of things.

A) You don't have to swing recklessly to SHZone. SHing UpB and down, and swinging periodically doesn't leave you open to Tornado. It comes out frame 13, giving you plenty of time to counter or Dolphin Slash

B) Marth kills better than MK, and we have gimmicks to kill him with.

C) If you're getting edge-guarded/gimped by MK, you're doing it wrong. MK can give you a hard time with getting off the ledge, but you can do the same to him, and edgeguard him more reliably if he doesn't choose a completely safe option like gliding over or under the stage.

D) Marth can also juggle MK, leran to bait jumps, and to chase with double jumps.

E) Marth's wins the Fair trade. Marth only gets hit by the first attack. Tipper Fair is 12%. 12:3 is pretty good win, considering we don't even take knockback.

F) We aren't used to using it, but we still have the pretty awesome run in and shield option.

Now, truth be told, there are some really broken things MK can do that they don't know yet, but in the current Metagame, I think it's 60:40 MK.

Either way, I'd rather fight 5 MKs then two Snakes with controller slot advantage. I don't lose to Snake often, but a Snake running on basics stands a better chance than MK running on basics IMO. Snake's weight class and kill power are dumb.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

this^

oh well, now i know that if i get frustrated, i should take a few moments to reset. i was playing too agressive last match, which is what i learned NOT to do after the first match.

it sucked because i won the set 2-1, but since we played earlier in the bracket already, we had to do a 3/5 set, i ended up losing the next two matches.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Eh, I dunno. Perhaps MK is Marth's worse match-up, but I still think it's 60-40. A lot of people don't consider a lot of things.

A) You don't have to swing recklessly to SHZone. SHing UpB and down, and swinging periodically doesn't leave you open to Tornado. It comes out frame 13, giving you plenty of time to counter or Dolphin Slash

B) Marth kills better than MK, and we have gimmicks to kill him with.

C) If you're getting edge-guarded/gimped by MK, you're doing it wrong. MK can give you a hard time with getting off the ledge, but you can do the same to him, and edgeguard him more reliably if he doesn't choose a completely safe option like gliding over or under the stage.

D) Marth can also juggle MK, leran to bait jumps, and to chase with double jumps.

E) Marth's wins the Fair trade. Marth only gets hit by the first attack. Tipper Fair is 12%. 12:3 is pretty good win, considering we don't even take knockback.

F) We aren't used to using it, but we still have the pretty awesome run in and shield option.

Now, truth be told, there are some really broken things MK can do that they don't know yet, but in the current Metagame, I think it's 60:40 MK.

Either way, I'd rather fight 5 MKs then two Snakes with controller slot advantage. I don't lose to Snake often, but a Snake running on basics stands a better chance than MK running on basics IMO. Snake's weight class and kill power are dumb
I really hate fighting snake.

this^

oh well, now i know that if i get frustrated, i should take a few moments to reset. i was playing too agressive last match, which is what i learned NOT to do after the first match.

it sucked because i won the set 2-1, but since we played earlier in the bracket already, we had to do a 3/5 set, i ended up losing the next two matches.
I was pulling for you too man you so should of had that.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
i was away from light blue marth since my first tournament but... im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
lol CB4 was too good :laugh:

thats a pretty old movie tho
Sooooooo truuu.

I need to see it again.

(On-topic: )

Um, my Marth is unique because I use shield breaker to get under the stage and come back on the other side.... not really. There is little to no uniqueness, everyone does similar movements.

Today my friend john'd saying I was "just using fair / dancing blade" and how "marth can win anything with just fair / dancing blade" when they used Metaknight/Zelda/MK/MK. Sigh.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
WHY SNAKE IS ****ING GAY IF YOU DONT HAVE PORT ADVANTAGE

- Marth's sword isn't reliably safe on a nade camping Snake. It's easy to **** up and get hit with 10% or so.
- Snake grenades come out too ****ing fast (it's stupidly gay) and explode too ****ing fast.
- Going for grabs on Snake is one of the easiest things to do, to actually allow yourself an opportunity to start using your sword safely.
- Without port advantage, whenever you grab, you're gonna get blown up and bam snake can just cypher away to start grenade camping you again because you lose the grab; and Marth doesn't have 5 ****ing jumps to chase after him.
In other words, Snake with the port advantage makes it almost impossible to grab him, and without getting throws on Snake, Marth has barely anything he can do; he is going to get ***** and it's purely the gayest and most unfair stupid **** this game could have ever done.

- Also, Snake's Mortar is a very efficient way for Marth to struggle to approach Snake via aerials, as it makes it not feasible to cross up, and Snake's first hit of ftilt outranges or has highly competitive range with your fair. Without port advantage you -have- to hit him with your sword from a Mortar, you can't grab, reducing options considerably more.

In other words, due to how much port advantage reduces Marth's options against Snake; as he lacks a projectile.

It's Marth's hardest match up, 70:30 or worse.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
WHY SNAKE IS ****ING GAY IF YOU DONT HAVE PORT ADVANTAGE

- Marth's sword isn't reliably safe on a nade camping Snake. It's easy to **** up and get hit with 10% or so.
- Snake grenades come out too ****ing fast (it's stupidly gay) and explode too ****ing fast.
- Going for grabs on Snake is one of the easiest things to do, to actually allow yourself an opportunity to start using your sword safely.
- Without port advantage, whenever you grab, you're gonna get blown up and bam snake can just cypher away to start grenade camping you again because you lose the grab; and Marth doesn't have 5 ****ing jumps to chase after him.
In other words, Snake with the port advantage makes it almost impossible to grab him, and without getting throws on Snake, Marth has barely anything he can do; he is going to get ***** and it's purely the gayest and most unfair stupid **** this game could have ever done.
It's a shame that not all tournaments require the whole rock paper scissor rule regarding controller ports. Some just do not care at all for it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So ummm which port would be the best? the lowest one?
No you would want to be the higher one there's also a link to the thread that about the controller port.

Controller Port Prefrence

--[If you are unsure what I am talking about in this section please go here "Controller Port Guide" by 1HKO http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169109]--

Usually it does not matter a great deal what controller number you use, in this match however, it can easily decide the outcome of the match. In this match you most definitely want to be player two, as you will need the Faux Super Armour Frames. The main reason you will need FSA is Snake's mortar. Coming down it can serious problem, but being player two can severely lessen its impact on the game. Two things you will be able to do if you are player two is grab Snake with little to no retribution from his mortar, and Snake cannot grab you unless he wishes to get hit by the mortar. The same thing applies to grenades.
http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7175872

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
No need to fear. Just plug in 3 controllers on the 1st 2nd 3rd slot and turn on your Wiimote + Classic for 5th slot!

I honestly don't think Snake is that bad of a match-up. I'd consider DDD as having more of an advantage towards Marth though Shaya you do make sense regarding the controller ports (BARWLWSJKL.) Would you still rate Snake as being the harder match up if the controller ports were in Marth's favor?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'd say its something close to 50:50 if you have port advantage.

Every time you get a grab, you'll get 10% or so damage, but the trade off is an fthrow to like fair, or juggle traps.

As long as you're getting 15% or more damage (As Snake lives to about 150% and you live to 100% [on average]), it's a good trade off.

Marth's throws put Snake at extremely awkward positions. Also with port advantage Snake can't just pummel you until a grenade blows up and then finish off with a dthrow (as easily) that follows into another grab or ftilt (or lord look at that 40%+ damage).

I'm not going to be using Marth against a Snake who has port advantage. Hell, not even my secondaries Falco or Dedede are too spectacular; they can't really rely on chain grabs either. Yet they can (arguably) out camp Snake; which is really just about the only thing you can do if you dont have the controller port advantage.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I'd say its something close to 50:50 if you have port advantage.

Every time you get a grab, you'll get 10% or so damage, but the trade off is an fthrow to like fair, or juggle traps.

As long as you're getting 15% or more damage (As Snake lives to about 150% and you live to 100% [on average]), it's a good trade off.

Marth's throws put Snake at extremely awkward positions. Also with port advantage Snake can't just pummel you until a grenade blows up and then finish off with a dthrow (as easily) that follows into another grab or ftilt (or lord look at that 40%+ damage).

I'm not going to be using Marth against a Snake who has port advantage. Hell, not even my secondaries Falco or Dedede are too spectacular; they can't really rely on chain grabs either. Yet they can (arguably) out camp Snake; which is really just about the only thing you can do if you dont have the controller port advantage.
Valid point, I too am hesitant when controller port is in Snake's advantage, though I only play Marth which is my downfall. Sadly I'm picking up Metaknight strictly for the Snake Match-up when controller port is in his favor.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In the Snake match up specifically;

Port advantage is that you have super armor frames while grabbing someone; so if you're hit while grabbing someone, you won't stop your current grab.
Snake is one of the only characters who can just about always get a hit on you while you're grabbing them (Link/Tink with their really SLOW boomerangs/bombs... as well)

To have port advantage you have to have a higher player port. As in your opponent is 2, you go 3. Port Four is always best as they can't just pick port 5.

If you lose the scissors paper rock against someone who mains Snake, unless they don't know how to be extremely gay (it ain't hard: cypher away everytime you get hit, wavebounce **** to escape juggles, shield grab every badly spaced thing to a dthrow, use first hit of ftilt if they space a move well, always have a grenade near you), don't pick Marth.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Yep fighting a snake with port advantage is petty dumb though there are certain things you can do.. for starters you CAN space a fair so that if it even hits his shield the nade wont blow up, but that works for really any port. Anyway mortar slides can be pivot grabbed and sometimes you'll slide away form the bomb coming down. as in run away then do a quick pivot grab... your momentum should slide you backwards. You need to be in a full dash to do this and not just a simple standing pivot. (so snakes mortaring you can generally tell when a snake is about to mortar slide at you, start a dash run away then as hes about to finish or as he gets close pivot grab him from a full dash.)

Anyway juggleing a pivoting nade snake can prove to be difficult though -_- its just a matter of watching him and baiting the pivot then chasing where he might picvot.. .which is hard but eh what can ya do.

Ports do change the match up raitos though imo, but i still think its disadvantaged despite port simply due to snake nade game f tilt range and weight + killing power.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
That's cuz.. Snake be whoopin' that *** with port advantage like....

Virg Edit: no pics of abuse no matter how goofy they are, please.

Top Bottom