• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
my results, iirc

beat random kid in bracket 2-0

beat YoshQ (luigi) 2-0

Lost to Big Lou 0-2

Defeated The Reflex Wonder 2-1

Defeated Dao 2-0

Defeated Havok 2-1

Defeated Lee Martin 2-1

Lost to Big Lou 0-2

consolation matches for 9th-12th place

Defeated Fatal 2-1

Lost to Atomsk 1-2

Defeated Nickriddle (mcgriddle) 2-0

Overall ranking at MLG Orlando - 10th place

In mm's

defeated m@v $3 2-0

Defeated shadow 2-1

Lost to shadow 0-2

Defeated Shadow 2-1

Defeated dmBrandon $20 3-0

Lost to Ally $4 1-3

Defeated snakeee $3(zss) 2-1

lost to snakeee $3 (zss) 0-2

Defeated iRJi $5 2-1

Lost to ADHD $5 0-2

Albert.

Smash Master
I am

so

happy

That you 3-0'd DMBrandon

OH
MY
****ING
GODDDDD

WHOOO

**** you marth-haters!!!!!!!

what was his reaction?!?!

and his reaction to you beaitng shadow?

This post is so worth the infraction points lolol

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
Hi people, long time no see. I'm playing Brawl again, no more Modern Warfare 2, lol.

I'm going to tourney this weekend, maybe i upload some matches.

See you later people! :D

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What was your set like against Atomsk?

Neo, did you do a lot of MMs or anything?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just wall squirtle (P.S. this one liner protip made havok stop losing to toby/tcranters pokemon trainer when I was in the states)
just rush ivysaur (every poor soul whos been like what do I do, and then I say just rush ivy at low percents get one grab, forward throw, and combo that creature all the way off stage for an easy gimp)
and just space charizard (or rocksmash will get you!)

for easy winnings.

Player-3

Smash Hero
alright shaya i'll try that

also mike did you find out anything to do agaisnt biglou?

haven't played him yet with my marth in singles but in teams he was just getting inside me like crazy

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
he is probably just reading your spacing habbits and punising you for it.

IMO marth is good at doubles because doubles revolves a lot more on space control which is somthing marth players are good at, alot of people also stop reading their oppenent in doubles and start using general strategies , but you have to be able to do bothto win

If you just continually camped faired teh same way every time he is going to get in and punish you every time

also imo luigi is top ten in teams, his ability to punish every lag with his up B is pretty incredible

Albert.

Smash Master
I can't believe you take dm THAT seriously.
I've talked to him about Marth at IRL tournaments and he legitimately thinks that Marth is a terrible character. He doesn't think that Marth is top ten, at least.

I know that he's trolling but like... if he is seriously "just kidding" on all of us... he's taken it soo far lol.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I've talked to him about Marth at IRL tournaments and he legitimately thinks that Marth is a terrible character. He doesn't think that Marth is top ten, at least.

I know that he's trolling but like... if he is seriously "just kidding" on all of us... he's taken it soo far lol.
ya that's brandon lmaooo

i'm already looking for the best way to get to columbus, no surprises this time

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
he is probably just reading your spacing habbits and punising you for it.

IMO marth is good at doubles because doubles revolves a lot more on space control which is somthing marth players are good at, alot of people also stop reading their oppenent in doubles and start using general strategies , but you have to be able to do bothto win

If you just continually camped faired teh same way every time he is going to get in and punish you every time

also imo luigi is top ten in teams, his ability to punish every lag with his up B is pretty incredible
No Marth is really, really bad in teams. I used to think he was good, but then people started camping me -.-

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Nah Marth ain't that good in teams. The only thing he's good at stock camping. If you're using Marth as the aggression for your team, something is wrong.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If he thinks marth is bad why does it really matter? lmao.

also marth being bad in teams is the reason i dropped him completely.

also i needa find a way to columbus too >_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
I was there, he took 3 stocks in like 20 seconds and then lost.

marth is **** in teams until there's only one opponent left, then his 1v1 badness shines through ;\

etecoon

Smash Hero
meta knights dragon punch doesn't leave him in the "please butt **** me" position if he misses

gg

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
DS for marth is pretty **** in teams.
As long as you have a mobile team mate nearby (read: mk), you can afford to DS a bit more than you would in singles.
They cant afford to put some time and effort into fully abusing your lag :p

imo i dont think marth is bad in teams, hes definitely not the best though. Him in 2v1 situations isnt toooo bad. And his planking game in doubles is formidable.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
the fact marth can tipper a lag or off a grab is **** in and of itself.

I personally like snake as my teamate too but they don't have the mobility howeveor stock tanking is obscene here

imo i dont think marth is bad in teams, hes definitely not the best though. Him in 2v1 situations isnt toooo bad. And his planking game in doubles is formidable.
If you ever get stuck in a 2v1 situation, you are more likely to lose anyway. So to me, it doesn't really matter how well your character can perform in 2v1, so long as they do well in 2v2.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
If you ever get stuck in a 2v1 situation, you are more likely to lose anyway. So to me, it doesn't really matter how well your character can perform in 2v1, so long as they do well in 2v2.
this is valid, a good team will almost always win if it becomes 2-1 regardless of character

Top Bottom