• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Exdeath

Smash Master
TX has Gnes, Razer, Trela, Illmatic, Espy, etc. I'm sure that you see the problem here. Hint: It isn't the players.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm saying that even with such amazing players, it's hard to be a top state when your top players borderline mid-tiers.

V

Smash Ace
Dude socal is #1 accept it. One of the top 3 mk's in the world, best falco, best marth, best US olimar, and 2 other national players. Not to mention the strongest field of mid level players too.

Socal da bess

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Dude socal is #1 accept it. One of the top 3 mk's in the world, best falco, best marth, best US olimar, and 2 other national players. Not to mention the strongest field of mid level players too.

Socal da bess

No one said that CA isn't #1. Also, I'm pretty sure that FL's randoms and CA's randoms are about equal.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

Socal da bess

Texas Triforce still better.

and besides. We have the great Nike 20 and the strongest field of mid-level players in the world.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Pretty sure NY/NJ is two states. Let's just give them Ally though, so they can be 1.

And there's no way that FL is better than TX right now.

Damn, my argument is so good.

We're pretty much one region, at any given tourney in NY, NJ players come, and vice versa. We share the same rankings for that reason

V

Smash Ace
^ the exact reason I put them in the same spot. Btw how are brackets going?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Isn't ESAM the top ranked player in florida, and our 4th ranked player beat him?

and isn't he 0-2 vs illmatic : P

Tx >>>>> Fl

Exdeath

Smash Master
Isn't ESAM the top ranked player in florida, and our 4th ranked player beat him?

and isn't he 0-2 vs illmatic : P

Tx >>>>> Fl
Isn't Gnes the top ranked player in Texas, and our 8th ranked player beat him?

And isn't he 0-2 vs Red Halberd? :p

FL>>>>>TX

<3

Player-3

Smash Hero
isn't georgia the best? didn't our rank 10th player not watch the stream or care about genesis, or smash that much at all anymore?

ga #1

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah Zex did really well, im pretty pissed at Ally CP'ing Icies, I wanted to see Zex's Marth vs Ally's MK. Really enjoyed watching Zex as well. Anyone know who he lsot to in winners?

Also where did Mikehaze place and which 2 people did he lose to? Rain was one I know that.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Damn can't believe he lost to rain :( maybe next time also I need major help against Fox any1 in here face a fox often?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah i face a Fox a very lot, il be playign against one this weekend and through the rest of next week at a week long smashfest at my house, godly. What ya need to know.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
How did Killock do? I heard he was a lot better than people were expecting.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Yeah PS did Neo, I played probably my worst possible performance ever that tourney. I won't John he still beat me straight up no doubt but the entire tourney as a whole was just horrid for me.

I was really mad about it so after the tourney I wanted to play Lie and PS both in First to 3's after I beat Lie 3-0 Marth vs Diddy (1 2 stock high percent, the other two 1 stock mid percent) PS didn't want to do a First to 3 anymore.

I'm not calling anyone out or saying anybody was scared. that's just what happened. And yes I know the tourney is what matters above all but I just wasn't driven like I normally am.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Yeah PS did Neo, I played probably my worst possible performance ever that tourney. I won't John he still beat me straight up no doubt but the entire tourney as a whole was just horrid for me.

I was really mad about it so after the tourney I wanted to play Lie and PS both in First to 3's after I beat Lie 3-0 Marth vs Diddy (1 2 stock high percent, the other two 1 stock mid percent) PS didn't want to do a First to 3 anymore.

I'm not calling anyone out or saying anybody was scared. that's just what happened. And yes I know the tourney is what matters above all but I just wasn't driven like I normally am.
Pretty sure someone better than me shouldn't be getting 3 stocked Oli vs. Marth even on a bad day :laugh:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Really neo?

Sometimes things happen in tournaments or you just aren't feeling the game at all (like maybe the TO strangled you and dq'd you or something). Like, Kadaj may have been facetious to say he was better than you, but to equate him being bad because of one match is a bit silly.

Ally 3 stocked Zex first match. Is Zex not one of the best Marth/MK/players in the country?

Also hi King Beef.
Diddy Kong match up is hard for pretty much the following reasons:
1. We have the options but he has more
2. The options we need to use to win are a lot more dangerous if they go wrong
3. Our options do not give as much damage as Diddy Kongs.

In between fair, grab, dolphin slash and spot dodge, we 'can' beat Diddy's everything (bar the whole camp/wall set up), but him grabbing us results not in a reset but as hard or harder forced approach, us making an error in option choosing has us being dealt like 30%+ compared to us getting a 15%ish hit (generally only really extended if we can start to edge guard him). Marth relies on Dolphin Slash to beat diddy's stupid shield options, but everyone knows how DANGEROUS using dolphin slash is. etc etc etc

FireFly

Smash Lord
Rain is just a good MK player man. He's not even the best in his region too. He got A LOT of shuttle loops and Mike was waaay too aggro when he had a 1-2 stock lead.

Top Bottom