• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wtf, I can't vids here, and everyone is posting them :(

Arizona had a smashfest for me last night. It was awesome.
Money Matched alot of their players from their power rankings.
Hopefully I'll have them recorded before Apex.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Pikachu above 100% is only vulnerable for 9 frames after his getup attack and is invincible all the way through it. It clashes if you try to poke/smash it. The difficult part about spotting it is that the animation is nearly identical to his stand-up above 100% with the difference being some subtle tail movements that make no difference as far as visual cue + punishment.

#randoinfo

∫unk

Smash Master
Wtf, I can't vids here, and everyone is posting them :(

Arizona had a smashfest for me last night. It was awesome.
Money Matched alot of their players from their power rankings.
Hopefully I'll have them recorded before Apex.
You're still a noob compared to me and P3 sucka <3

yay vids

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lost to K9's Falco, Game5, last hit. #4 in AZ. Every game was like super close lol.
Beat Kiraflax 3-1, rematched and he won 3-1, rematched again and he won 3-1. I think he's #2 in AZ.
I won money matches against everyone else that was there. Dark Shifter, Yoshiken, and a few others.

I'll be in another town (tuscon) for New Years, where Silly Kyle lives. Hopefully I'll get to play everyone there.

C.J.

Smash Master
So, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a really good movie even with the two... bad scenes in it.

More importantly, my mononormal Nuzlocke run!

[COLLAPSE="Chapter 1- Just Another Beginning"] A door slams open, filling a room with light, overpowering the singular glow of a TV. A boy walks in and yells at a lady with long, blonde hair demanding a fight. She chuckles and in a calm voice tells him that she’d be happy to, once he hears a story about what brought her to the Unova region originally. The boy, visually agitated, groans his consent and sits lazily on the ground near the lady as she changes tapes in the VCR of the TV, before turning it off, and begins telling her story.

In a dark room there was a TV on airing a program about Sinnoh’s professor- Rowan. Near the TV, there lies a bed with a noticeable lump in the middle of it. All of a sudden, a blonde haired boy, runs into the room from the stairs, slams open the blinds of the window and yells. “Come on ZK, it’s like 2 in the afternoon. Get your lazy butt up out of bed.” An agitated grumble comes from the bed in response. “Come on,” says the blonde kid, “didn’t you see the program about Rowan on today? Let’s go make him give us a Pokémon!” After this, the blonde haired boy runs out of the room, saying that it’s a race to get there, as he runs past ZK’s mom saying bye.

After getting out of bed and getting dressed, ZK follows the lead of the boy and leaves his house heading north to look for the boy. Once he left the town, the boy ran into ZK again. “Oh, sorry about that, buddy! You were too slow and I beat you here. Now, Rowan is just on the other side of this route. I bet that is we run through as quickly as we can, we can avoid all the Pokémon in the grass!” “TYLER!” shouted ZK, “that isn’t how that works. Running is more noise, which means Pokémon are MORE likely to appear from the grass, idiot.” “Psshh, whatever, ZK. I’ll do it my way and see you at Rowan’s lab.” As he started backing up from the grass to get a running start, a voice rings out loudly through the area. “Stop right there!” it exclaimed in a firm and commanding voice. Tyler and ZK spun around to see an old man standing there with the company of a pretty young girl as well. “What are you two idiots doing” asked the old man, as the girl shook her head in disbelief. “Professor Rowan!” Tyler said nervously realizing who was addressing him. “We were just going to head to Sandgem to go to your lab. I was, err, we were hoping that if we came to you that we could ask for a Pokémon from you.” Rowan glared at him. “Well, even if you don’t give one to me, would you still give one to my friend, ZK? He told me that I shouldn’t go into the grass and it was my stupidity that was the cause of me going into the grass.” Rowan, softening his gaze, replied “That is a very mature thing to do, Tyler I believe I heard your name was. Well, I do happen to have a few Pokémon with me that I’m prepared to offer to the two of you.” “Wait, really?” questioned ZK, a wary and unsure look on his face. “What’s the catch?” “There really isn’t one. I’ll lend you the Pokémon now. You must come to visit me in Sandgem. If you treat the Pokémon well, then you may keep them.”

“Well, I was reckless so I’m going to let my friend choose first!” said Tyler. “Heh, trying to get brownie points from the professor?” ZK asked sarcastically. “In any event, I appreciate the gesture. I’ll choose the Chimchar.” “Oh awesome choice, ZK” said Tyler. “Plus, you didn’t choose my favorite one!” Tyler rushed over to the professor’s bag and takes out a blue penguin looking Pokémon. “Piplup is so awesome, I love it!” Rowan, after delivering a small lecture on safety, departed with Dawn at his side. As soon as they were out of earshot, Tyler turns to me and smiled mischievously. ZK groaned knowing what was sure to come next “You want to battle, don’t you Tyler?” “You know it!”

After beating his Piplup, Tyler heals both of the Pokemon and asks ZK to go with him to Lake Verity. On their way there, Tyler talks about a legendary pokemon that was said to live in the lake. Upon reaching the lake, the two boys ran into someone. “Hmm, so this is where it sleeps. The pokemon that can help me control space and time. Until the day comes, legendary pokemon, remember my name- it is Cyrus.” Turning away from the lake, the man with blue hair walked up to the boys and tells them to move out of his way. “Wow- that was weird. Anyway, race you to the professor’s lab ZK!” Tyler yelled as he ran off. Sighing, ZK started walking off toward Sandgem.

Upon entering the city, Dawn saw ZK and ran over to him taking him to see the professor. After a quick examination of the Chimchar that he gifted to the new trainer, he turned to him, “Well, I can see that you have treated your Chimchar well. I’m impressed, giving you this pokemon was a good choice it appears” said Rowan as Dawn blushed behind him. All of a sudden, ZK fell forward almost knocking down Rowan.”Oh, sorry about that ZK” said Tyler as he helped the fallen boy up. After Rowan allowed Tyler to keep his pokemon, Tyler ran off declaring he’ll become the strongest. “Well… I was going to give both of you a pokedex, but I guess I’ll just give you one, ZK.” At this, Dawn became excited exclaiming that “You know ZK, had you gotten a Turtwig, we would have had the same pokemon! Oh well, now we can both help the professor with his research.” “Wait, what? I thought there wasn’t a catch” complained ZK. “Well” said Rowan, “there’s not really any work involved. All you do is travel the region- as I assume you were going to do.” ZK nodded his confirmation. “Whenever you see a pokemon, all you do is point the pokedex at the pokemon and that’s the end of it.” “Well, I suppose that it isn’t too much of a trouble. Fine, I’ll do it for you.”

After leaving the lab, ZK headed to the pokecenter to give his new Chimchar a chance to get some rest. Dawn followed him there and approached him nervously, “Uhh, ZK?” He turned around annoyed. “Yes?” “Well, seeing as you have to wait while your pokemon rest, I was wondering if you’d go on a date with me? The professor says you treat pokemon really well. I mean, just to show you around town if nothing else” as she looked at her feet. “Yeah, that sounds enjoyable enough- at least more enjoyable than sitting around just waiting. Sure, let’s go.” Once the pokemon were healed, Dawn and ZK went back to the pokecenter. “Thank you, Dawn. That was really fun actually. I needed something enjoyable to do.” Her face lit up at this. “Really? That’s so great! Although…” she said as her face fell, “you should probably head back to your mom and tell her you’re going.” After this, the new couple parted ways and ZK went back home.

On route 201 on the way back home, ZK ran into a Starly which he captured with a pokeball he got from the mart on his tour of the city with Dawn. Deciding to name the pokemon, he called the Starly “Shaya.” When he arrived at his house, it was late at night, and ZK decided to spend one last night at home before heading out. The following morning, after a quick and tearless good-bye to his mom, ZK started back towards the cities ahead of him. Just in time for Tyler’s mom to stop him, “Hey, ZK!” she hollered from a few houses over. “Oh gosh, what now” he quietly grumbled. “I was hoping that you could deliver this to Tyler for me. He ran off before I was able to give it to him, and I don’t want him to be without it.” “Oh alright” replied ZK with a heavy tone of annoyance.

Passing through Sandgem, ZK stopped at the professor’s lab, hoping to find Tyler there to be done with his errand. He was disappointed when he saw that nobody had seen Tyler since he had run off without the pokedex. After muttering a silent curse, he continued north to make it to Jubilife, and hopefully getting a new pokemon along the way. Once he reached route 202, ZK quickly met Dawn and decided that the two of them might as well travel together to Jubilife. While on their trip throughout route 202, they each caught a Bidoof which ZK decided to name “Raz.” After another hour or so of walking, Dawn and ZK entered Jubilife City.

Immediately upon entering, ZK noticed a weird man in a brown overcoat hiding behind lamp posts and pointed him out to Dawn. “Uhh, excuse me, sir?” asked Dawn. “What!? How did you unmask me as a member of the international police?” he frantically responded. “We didn’t” ZK said in a questioning and confused voice. “We were just wondering why you were hiding behind a lamp post.” “Oh, no no. Certainly you two young trainers knew who I was. I shall tell you my name! No- just my codename- I go by Looker. You two, you must do me a favor, I see now I can’t hide my identity from two trainers such as yourself. Instead, I must ask you to ignore me as well as you can. I am off now however.” Looker spoke rapidly not allowing either trainer to get a word in otherwise. “Remember, you don’t know me!” he called as he ran away. “Ugh, no problem there” ZK said with a snort. “Huh, what a weird guy. Oh well, let’s head to the trainer’s school ZK.”

Walking up to the trainer’s school, Dawn leaned over and hugged ZK, “I’m sorry, but, I have to head on. I need to continue to help the professor after all. I’ll see you soon though!” After finishing her words, she hugged him again and left at the door. Entering the school, the first thing ZK noticed was his friend Tyler standing around talking to everyone as much as he could. ZK, uncharacteristically, rushed over to deliver the package to Tyler. Tyler, in normal fashion, snatched it from his hands, quickly said thanks and rushed away. As ZK was about to leave, two young kids approached him nervously, asking for a battle. His pokemon were weak from the trip, however ZK obliged and quickly won being very careful only to do enough to the pokemon of his opponents as to not kill them. After all, even if he didn’t care, they probably did.

Pokemon in party at this point:
Chimchar- Lv 9
Raz (Bidoof) Lv 6
Shaya (Starly) Lv 6
[/COLLAPSE]

Comment away. Let me know if I switched POV any (third to first) since I did it a lot and caught myself most of the time.

C.J.

Smash Master
Nuzlockes were sooooooo 3 weeks ago.

Get with the times!
Computer stuff/cruise. Making up for lost time. Also, I'll be posting it on the actual nuzlocke forums when I get a couple more chapters written.

Omg so myuch effort !!!!!! CJ why so good?
I enjoy writing and don't do it enough, so, I'm using this as a practice in creative writing.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You write a lot.I'll have to read it when I'm not so sleepy.

So my brother's Christmas present to me is a couple of free posters from his photography studio. Someone should find me some awesome, non-provocative pictures of Haruhi, Homura or Nico Robin.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas for everyone!

hope you can enjoy with your loved ones and take good care :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
iPhone 4S, Tales of Legendia, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics A2. :D

What are those Tales of the Abyss things?

Albert.

Smash Master
I got a Firefly Tshirt, Community TShirt, Firefly books, random stuff, money, underwear.

You definitely start to feel like an adult when you're glad about getting underwear.

oh and good s*** Raz for Final Fantasy Tactics A2

C.J.

Smash Master
My mom took me on a cruise last week, candy galore, mom's bf (says) is buying my ticket to Apex, and like $600 from dad/dad's family

[COLLAPSE="Chapter 2- The First Step on the Journey"]Leaving the trainer school, an elderly man ran into ZK. “My good man!” he declared. “I can see you’re a fairly new trainer, is that right?”
“Err, yeah. So?”
“Well, all trainers need a pokemon watch, poketch for short, of course, which I see you’re lacking.”
“Ugh, look guy. I don’t want to buy anything. Just get out of my way so that I can continue traveling.”
“Oh no no no, you misunderstand me young trainer. Throughout the city there are three clowns walking around. All you have to do is find them, and they’ll give you a coupon. Bring me all three coupons and I’ll supply you with a poketch free of charge.”

ZK shrugged his shoulders and walked away from the elderly man. After quickly finding the three aforementioned clowns, and turning the coupons into the man, he continued east from the city to head through a cave to reach Orebough City. While on route 203, a frightened Starly ran into his leg while trying to escape from some unknown predator. Jumping into ZK’s backpack, ZK decided that he wasn’t worthwhile enough to keep with him. Instead, after naming the Starly “Delux,” ZK placed the new pokemon into the PC system and entered the cave.

“WATCH OUT” came a loud and gruff cry as soon as ZK had entered the cave between the two cities. Acting immediately, ZK shielded his eyes and face as pieces of rocks came flying towards him, fiercely cutting his arm up in the process. A large and unapproachable man rushed over to him asking if he was okay.
“You idiot!” ZK hollered. “Be careful. When messing around on a place people must travel in order to get to a city.”
“Oh geez. I’m sorry kid- I guess I should have been expecting someone to be heading this way after that blonde kid.”
“Was he by chance hyperactive and running into everything?”
“Yeah, you know him?”
“I guess you could call us friends. How long ago did he come through here?”
“Oh, not more than 3 hours ago. But he certainly ran through here like there was an Ursaring chasing him. But that’s not the point. Look kid, I’m sorry you got caught in the explosion of the rocks. Here, let me give you this HM that I was using as an apology. It’s rock smash. Once you have the badge from Orebough City then you can use it outside of battle to break rocks like these ones here.
“Yeah, well, don’t worry about it. Thanks for the useful HM though” ZK answered as he walked away to the opposite side of the cave to exit and to Orebough City.

After stopping by the pokecenter to have some lunch while his pokemon took a nap, ZK and his team headed to Oreburgh’s gym. As they reached it, some guy was blocking the entrance not letting anyone into the gym.
“Sorry, the gym leader isn’t here at the moment.”
“Well, where is he then?” inquired ZK.
“He is digging over in our mine. It’s just a little bit south of here and to the east. I’m sure that if you went and got him that he’d be happy to battle you though.”

After a quick run over to the mine, going through all the lazy workers who decided to take a break to fight him, ZK quickly found Rorak and convinced him to come back to the gym to fulfill his duties as a gym leader. Following Rorak there, ZK made quick work out of the gym trainers that stood in his way. Following the defeat of one of the gym trainer’s Onix, a bright flash of white light blinded ZK. When he regained his ability to see, his Raz had grown bigger and evolved into a Bibarel. Seeing this, ZK smirked no longer worried about the outcome of this first official league battle. As ZK walked up to Rorak, a circle of cameras dropped down in order to record his battle. If ZK won, it’s possible future battles of ZK’s would even be televised.
At this point, the blonde haired lady telling the story motioned to the TV, turned it on, and hit play:

[COLLAPSE="The battle in not story manner"]Raz/Geodude
Water gun (crit) OHKO

Raz/Onix
Water Gun (OHKO)

Raz/Cranidos
Water Gun/Headbutt
Rorak used a potion/Rock Smash (-1 Def)
Rock Smash (KO)[/COLLAPSE]

“Well then ZK- I see you made it through all my disciples here.”
“Yeah... honestly it wasn’t all that difficult” ZK replied arrogantly.
“Not to worry though. Just like me, they’re just some of the people who use and love rock type pokemon. As a gym leader, my duty is test trainers and to see their potential. While I can already tell the potential is there, you still won’t beat me.”
“We’ll just have to see about that I guess.” He responded with a smile.
“Geodude, let’s rock!”
“Raz, let’s sweep them like the dirt they’re so fond of. Now, quick, run near him and use water gun!”
“Geodude, unable to move quickly at all takes a direct hit from Raz’s water gun!” said the announcer. “Indeed, is appears as though Geodude is down after the single hit putting up no fight at all.”
“Heh” stuttered Rorak. “I guess you’re a lot better than I had thought. But it was just a Geodude- you ain’t seen nothing yet. Onix, let’s roll!”
“ZK, appearing to be quite confident after that quick knockout, leaves Raz in. Keep in mind, Geodude is a lot slower than this new Onix is. It will be interesting to see if it can outrun ZK’s well trained Raz however.”
“Well Raz, once more now. Onix is a huge target- just aim for his middle so he can’t escape. Water gun again!”
“Incredible! Just like with Geodude, Rorak’s Onix has been knocked clear across the gym from the force of the Bibarel’s water gun. It’s another one hit knockout, and Raz hasn’t let the opposite pokemon so much as a chance to launch an attack.”
“Crap” murmured Rorak. “This is bad. I still haven’t even hit him yet. It’s come down to you. Cranidos, let’s make the earth shake!”
“Good stuff so far Raz, just one more pokemon left to beat. Same plan as the other two, use water gun!”
“ZK, choosing to stay true to his former plan of attack has had Raz use yet another water gun. What’s this though? Cranidos is still standing- although he’s breathing quite heavily.”
“Grr- way to stay up, Cranidos! Now quick, take your shot, headbutt!”
“Cranidos has charged across the stage and rammed his hard head into Raz’s stomach. Raz only slides back slightly however, this is a new one. Rorak’s headbutt is usually enough to at least make a challenger fall over!”
“No way” cried Rorak. “This can’t be over. Quick, Cranidos, come over here.”
“Smart move by Rorak. He’s using a potion on his Cranidos so that he doesn’t fall for good from this next hit.”
“You can heal him all you want Rorak. I’ll just switch up my plan a little bit. Raz, use rock smash!”
*Cranidos lowers his head in preparation for the attack*
“Raz is running over to Cranidos with a rock in hands- oh goodness. Raz has broken the rock over the head of the Cranidos. In addition to the damage the attack has done, it appears as though Cranidos is less… sturdy as before. That must have been the special effect of rock smash- it lowers the victim’s defense some.”
“Alright Raz, one more time- rock smash to finish it!”
Cranidos fell to the ground, unconscious.
“That’s the battle folks. ZK’s Raz has completely swept the gym leader of Oreburgh City, Rorak.”
“This is… embarrassing. I lost to you fairly ZK; someone with no badges at all. Oh well, you were the better trainer, that’s all there is to it. Just keep in mind the fact that there are seven more gyms you have to go through in order to complete your journey to the Elite Four. First though, I grant you the Coal Badge for beating me. Well done.”
*The TV turns off and the lady begins speaking again.*
From here, ZK went back through the cave, now with the ability to use rock smash outside of battle, and reentered route 203 after coming back out of the cave.

Current team:
Chimchar- Lv 12
Raz (Bibarel)- Lv 16
Shaya (Starly)- Lv 14
[/COLLAPSE]

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
iPhone 4S, Tales of Legendia, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics A2. :D

What are those Tales of the Abyss things?
Asch the bloody manga vol 2 and tales of the abyss dvd vol 2.

Besides that, I pretty much got clothes, and a classic controller plus which I now finally own.

Roxas M

Smash Master
I agree with Nike. Didn't think you could actually the sub forum made, lol

Good ****.

All i got for Christmas was money, and I actually got that in Nov instead of on Christmas. Ended up getting an Xbox 360, UMvC3, SSF4: AE, MW3, and an Arcade stick.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its a couple hours late here on the east coast, but regardless merry Christmas to all :)

I got cash/gift cards, some new clothes, and my favorite, a steelers football with hines ward's signature, a sewed steelers logo, and it shows the steelers founding date, every AFC championship won, and every super bowl won, with logos and final scores for both the Steelers and opponent.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've always preferred receiving socks,, as opposed to underwear.

This year, I got CDs and money and a near cardigan.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I will probably be playing tinman (from canadaaaa) sometime tomorrow, I'll hopefully set up a stream of some sort if it ends up being at my place. But trying to find other peeps would probably require a move of premises.

Either way 17 or so hours after this post you should come around to see me getting *****.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I'll be tuning in Shaya. Also may I ask how you guys are playing? Are you making a trip over?

Top Bottom