• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
DS is still our fastest option OoS though and it has considerable knockback. From the front, its marths only kill move OoS besides Usmash, which is a hell of a lot slower. Nair OoS works spectacularly if you shield a rising aerial, though.

From the back though, the best options are easily DB, bair, and reverse DS.
downsmash is extremely good. (also a front kill move lol)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
downsmash is extremely good. (also a front kill move lol)
very true, i forgot about that. thats what, 13 frames OoS?

A good kill option if you aren't near the edge of the stage. or if they are like so close to you that the knockback is horizontal.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I thought Dsmash was 6 frames? Where do I get my frame data from that it's always wrong? XD

Reizilla

Tipper down smash punish of MK's dsmash 2gud.

Also:

Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran (male), Mankey, Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey, Seaking , Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly, Ponyta, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree Venomoth, Poliwag, Nidorino, Golduck, Ivysaur, Grimer, Victreebel, Moltres, Nidoking , Farfetch'd, Abra, Jigglypuff, Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix, Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax, Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow, Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro, Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea, Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbell, Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu, Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke, Kangaskhan, Hypno, Electabuzz, Flareon, Blastoise, Poliwhirl, Oddish, Drowzee, Raichu, Nidoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie, Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy, Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby, Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran (female), Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan, Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill, Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey, Pokemon! Parasect, Exeggcute, Muk, Dewgong, Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon Charizard, Machamp, Pinsir, Koffing, Dugtrio, Golbat, Staryu, Magikarp, Ninetales, Ekans, Omastar, Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar, Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine, Eevee, Exeggcutor, Kabutops, Zapdos, Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Graveler, Voltorb, Gloom, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl, Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok!!

Mew!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No it isn't.

Mew doesn't show up in the rap, ****it

Also,
Charmeleon, Wartortle, Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl, Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok!! was at least a "part" that I remembered... lol

I remember when I was in year 6 (so I was like... 11?) being able to list all 151 pokemon in order.
Dear god

Reizilla

Wow, I never noticed those, Espy XD

I added in Mew because I didn't want him to feel left out :(

I remember naming them all in order too. I was kool. I'm gonna remake this and add all the Pokemon now. Gotta hurry up before 5th gen release XD

clowsui

Smash Legend
If MK accidentally jabs you as soon as you hear the sound just mash down on the cstick, you'll always either hit him with the horizontal hitbox or the tipper of DSmash...too good. If you shield ftilt 3 the optimal punish near the edge of the stage is dsmash, hits him every time if you angled your shield to reduce the shield pushback. Near the center of the stage DB is probably a good idea to move him/yourself towards the edge.

By the way, mikehaze (namesearch bait in case he doesn't actually look back at this thread), what's so bad about Dtilt vs. MK?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If MK accidentally jabs you as soon as you hear the sound just mash down on the cstick, you'll always either hit him with the horizontal hitbox or the tipper of DSmash...too good. If you shield ftilt 3 the optimal punish near the edge of the stage is dsmash, hits him every time if you angled your shield to reduce the shield pushback. Near the center of the stage DB is probably a good idea to move him/yourself towards the edge.

By the way, mikehaze (namesearch bait in case he doesn't actually look back at this thread), what's so bad about Dtilt vs. MK?
My guess would be that if he Powershields it, you might eat a D-Smash before you can adequately alter your DI. At least, I've had that happen before.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
My guess would be that if he Powershields it, you might eat a D-Smash before you can adequately alter your DI. At least, I've had that happen before.
its actually guaranteed

actually if you buffer every move is guaranteed on Ftilt 3 on block

assuming of course your in range to hit

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
the only thing d-tilt really beats against mk i think is if they dash at you, and side-b can beat that with alot less commitment, and it looks safer because they usually overshield thinking you're gonna keep hitting

clowsui

Smash Legend
but if you think about dtilt it naturally conditions them in the optimal grab range

like all your mixup is at the range of dtilt - sh ff nair, sh fair/sh ff fair, db, walking grab

so by using dtilt you essentially add another option for them to guess about at that range...one more option is scary powerful especially in a game that relies so much on isolated guessing situations for momentum

rather than frame safety, in this case i'm much more concerned about the psychological advantage. ofc you're not always going to dtilt, but i really think it's a very useful tool

furthermore at max range i think dtilt beats ftilt, and always beats dash grab from the MK. a lot of MKs purposefully over/undercommit to bait you into doing stuff and confusing your own ranges so that they get more grab/tilt opportunities. the thing that it doesn't beat is shield, nado, a very slightly overcommited ftilt and a perfectly spaced dtilt from the MK, but options one and two are stuff that you should be baiting from MK at that range so that opportunities open up for you

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think I'll just stop using jab and ftilt against Metaknight it really ends up hurting a lot more than most options.

Reizilla

What if, when we all turned on our Pokemon Black/White versions, we got Rick Roll'd?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm trying to give something back to the community!

Take a look at my blog!

The Electric Scribble.com

(no spaces)

=)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey could somebody like address my point about dtilt? I feel as though it's a legitimate question LOL

Mikehaze, NEO, I'm lookin' at you guysssss

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The main issue is really the start up time.
By the time you have hit confirm (or whiff confirm) you're not exactly in a better position, especially on the whiff confirm.

Like, marth's dtilt has 7 frames start up, but you are crouching from frame 1; people are aware of what you're most likely doing (but it does open up some "silly" mix ups in terms of crouching/etc) and it isn't exactly hard for anyone with a good dash mechanic (MK, diddy, falco, snake, .... ) to just be all lol over that.

it ***** bad characters severely though.
AND if you actually HIT SOMEONES SHIELD at a safe distance with it, then you are at a surprisingly good position (this is true against all the characters listed above, btw)

The other problem is that if someone does sliding shield.... prone to shield grabbing.
And the move is -9 on shields. It isn't avoiding SGs at all.

Metagame thread question thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i recommend the double jugs on the lower right

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAAHAHAHA
8.727 point infraction for major inappropriate content.
Adding the word "double" wasn't classy and added nothing to the joke imo.

(or mad jealousy because I was going to make a similar joke but was all like "oh that moderator thing").

I'm picking up marth. See me around more often.

Let me just say that Shaya's avatar and bearing on SWF really does fit that classical student council feel.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Picking up Marth is fun, he usually glares at you with your Ford at his castle =_=
Hay, it's what horses eat. Who completely ignores the lore that he and sheeda (SP?) are together and makes a fanfic with him and Zelda here? *raises hand* crap...

Top Bottom