• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Tennet

Smash Champion
I got out played, sad I didn't win the tournament I have been practicing for so I'm done playing brawl again but I love you guys too much to dip out of SWF again =P

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You're quitting the game because you didn't win the entire tournament?

What the **** kind of mentality is that?

Tennet

Smash Champion
No, I was going to stop playing regardless of the result. I only started playing again to play in this tournament. So now that it is done I don't want to keep playing. I don't get to play with people often, I have so much catch up to do to be relevant etc.

C.J.

Smash Master
Welp, had ally in my pool. last stock 80% Marth/MK.

Drowned in pools, SD'd/buffered usmashes when I needed to uair the set I needed to win to get out. Should go back and practice buffering things properly xD

Oh well, back to playing ally!

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got 3rd at our monthly.

Lost to Billybeegood's MK in W3 and LF.

Beat Attila's DK in W2 and LSF.

Beat Lambnadr's Pikachu in LQF.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Has it improved your reaction time at all?

Also, unrelated, does anyone else put their entire body into DSOoS?

I've been told my entire body lurches as if I'm doing it myself, and it doesn't seem to be something I can consciously control. XD

I make a really angry face and hit the buttons really hard. Especially when it's off a bait.

I'm going to go all peach in tourney at waba, nothing shall stop me
You're going to WABA, Zano?

Neat, see you there.
So mad.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Welp, had ally in my pool. last stock 80% Marth/MK.

Drowned in pools, SD'd/buffered usmashes when I needed to uair the set I needed to win to get out. Should go back and practice buffering things properly xD

Oh well, back to playing ally!

You can thank me for the MK thing, I knew you hated Snake MU so I made sure to show him why Snake v Marth is no good when he was over playing friendlies ;)

C.J.

Smash Master
That was never in question zano :)

And chi, I took more than a few games vs his snake before pools started. Finally getting used to playing snake

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

tourney-ment report:

9th out of 26. I used almost all Marth except in one set (my second tournament using mostly Marth! woo!). I beat Venom 2-0 (snake), then lost to Sails 1-2 (diddy kong, I went toon link games 2 and 3 and he had a really lame 5%-lead time out on PS1), beat SomaCruz 2-0 (ICs), beat Joe ST 2-0 (MK/Snake), then lost to hinkage 1-2 (MK). I twostocked hinkage game 2 but game 3 he picked delfino (I banned frigate). He played really gay here and did a lot of unpunishable planking/stalling. By the end of the match I was so agitated that I tried some risky attacks in order to regain the lead but it didn't work. I guess next time I'll ban delfino... We did save all our matches so I might be able to post them here eventually.

C.J.

Smash Master
I saw him and talked to him, zano

Wish I had found him earlier though so we could actually chill some :(

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Delfino is a map of patience against MK bro.
I guess, but there's really no way to punish planking under the stage when it's in the air (right?)... and he can camp on either side of the Shine Sprite tower...

I do like the stage, but don't you think it might be worse than Frigate if you have to fight MK?

Kel

Smash Master
I actually don't mind Frigate. I think it has a bad stigma with it that is unwarranted. I think Rainbow and Delfino are much worse for Marth and should be banned most of the time (depending on the MU).

Player-3

Smash Hero
p3 where the **** were you all tourney, I never saw you once, then I see you in the results thread, wtf.
wasn't feeling very good i showed up around 4 and left at like 9 spent most of my time in the side room playing melee

Yeah, he really blends into the crowd doesn't he?
A generally really dark crowd.
obviously

I saw him and talked to him, zano

Wish I had found him earlier though so we could actually chill some :(

see above i wanted to but i really wasn't feeling good sry guys

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hope you're good P3 :)

Meh, I despise frigate. I've had to deal with that for so long.

There's a couple of interested things about MK planking on delfino.
Power shield up smash.
Hard read down air.

Really smart ledge guarding is still pretty effective, and remember that Marth can go through/below the stage as well, if you pick up MK's pattern a instant ledge snap and preferential platform placement such that you can dolphin slash under and land above with battlefield-esque safety.

It's still all about patience. When i played against infinity on it the last thing I did I was like 'gg' a good 2 seconds before the match was over because while it was still 3 minutes on the clock I went "GO" instead of "patient".

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Really smart ledge guarding is still pretty effective, and remember that Marth can go through/below the stage as well, if you pick up MK's pattern a instant ledge snap and preferential platform placement such that you can dolphin slash under and land above with battlefield-esque safety.
which part of the level are you talking about here lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
which part of the level are you talking about here lol
Usually the diagonal ones that extend slightly off stage and cover the ledge and are going 'downwards' as it aims centre stage.

Obviously also the flat platforms that exist mostly off stage as well (that are exactly like the left side of brinstar in application).

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
So who is everybodys favorite marth color and why... I'm black. +_+
I used to use cyan because I like blue, but that light blue color burns my eyes. If only it was a darker blue :\. I use white marth because it reminds me of snow, as well as a paladin, and considering how the Falchion is labeled as the sword of light, it's fitting. I would prefer to use blue, if it wasn't so ugly, because white is kind of the noob color. Everyone as they first start using marth picks white for some reason. I've been using marth for a long time though so I think I'm justified :p

Also black is overused, that's why i don't like it :\

C.J.

Smash Master
OKAY, SERIOUSLY NOW

I mean, REALLY? No activity on here in 3 days. I post something in here. Minutes later, FIFTEEN people are in the Marth boards. Come on you 15 people, you can post too!

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
First it was about game 5 vs unknown where m2k went back to a stage he already won on and claimed that the rules said it was ok, and AFTER the match was over, they found out that wasn't allowed so the match had to be replayed and m2k lost.

Then something about top 3 splitting and sandbagging everywhere.

Top Bottom