• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Darx try to refrain from making those kinds of posts plz

We're starting to get a little too free with our posts, try to stay on topic

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
K so, a couple of things.

First off, reading the rules, whats wrong with saying marth's sword is shiney? i is shiney. I mean, look at his up taunt! *ding*

secondly...
don't go there, marth doesn't need some cheesy lines :(
so Ike can fight for his friends, but Marth cant?!?!?!?!?! whaaat?!?!?!?! :OOOOOOOOOOOO

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth would be like

"Man I'm gorgeous"

"Hey you, shine my boots!"

-Winning taunt when Marth beats Meta Knight-
"Pssh, I didn't need moulded plastic to improve my physique... Pure Marth". [/simpsonsreference]

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Today I surpassed fear in post count.

Not that it means anything.
Yay I'm not spamming and forum wh0ring anymore.

So, I kinda want to discuss Marth in teams, as I haven't really seen much content regarding such.

I feel he's very good in teams whenever partnered with a character that can kill well. Marth in teams, at least how I play him, is to get quick attacks in and save my teammate whenever in trouble. Of course, punish an opponent's mistake and what not, but I want to get into the specifics of which partner would be better suited with a Marth. My partner is a Yoshi player, and he's very good. The problem here though is that Yoshi is not one to kill quickly, and it just leads to two characters that can damage fast but lack a fierce killing move. I then went on to team with a DK on a random friendly (no training with the partner whatsoever) and ended up destroying competition incredibly well (Marth attacks quick and gets inside and DK kills relatively early on with the powerful attacks).

I'd like more input on Marth regarding teams, time to stop the off-topicness.
The truth is we've had like 30 random people come in and make topics saying, let's discuss Marth doubles here. Then the threads get spammed and flamed until it's closed. To be entirely honest, people hardly talk about doubles Marth here.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Yay I'm not spamming and forum wh0ring anymore.

The truth is we've had like 30 random people come in and make topics saying, let's discuss Marth doubles here. Then the threads get spammed and flamed until it's closed. To be entirely honest, people hardly talk about doubles Marth here.
Hmm, that sucks. Been looking at many placings regarding doubles but Marth is a no-show. Need to know what's going on regarding that. lol steel, I'm usually a stock tank as well.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So I think Toon Link might actually be Marth's little brother.

And that Marths should use jabs more.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The only thing TL and Marth have in common is their skin color and the fact they're swordsman
Tlink is a projectile spamming ***** that swings his sword occasionally I don't considering someone who uses a bomb boomeranging bow and arrow and a chain a swordsman....

SmashLumpy

Smash Rookie
Just partner with MK you'll win everytime lol jk.
Oh and a quick question. Did anyone like Marths DS game.(yeah I know it's not Brawl but,hey it's still Marth!)I thought it was O.K IMO but not as good as some other Fire Emblems I've played.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just partner with MK you'll win everytime lol jk.
Oh and a quick question. Did anyone like Marths DS game.(yeah I know it's not Brawl but,hey it's still Marth!)I thought it was O.K IMO but not as good as some other Fire Emblems I've played.
I didn't like how it didn't have the broken and totally abusive Rescue system that was in the GBA versions. <_<

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
English Solid, he means english.

I'm actually playing it now but i'm not that far yet. Also it's my first FE game and up until now i think it's great!

@Backlash
Wtf with Marth being european and TL being German (which is european as well)? It's kinda random.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Backlash, German people are pretty cool. If you don't spite them anyway. <____<

Don't hate man. That's my job. :012:

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
why the swastika pic?

Thats stupid.
Its not just a swastika pic. Its a swastika pic with the word "feil" on it.:ohwell: *edits post to appease the h8rs*

English Solid, he means english.

@Backlash
Wtf with Marth being european and TL being German (which is european as well)? It's kinda random.
Blonde hair and blue eyes. C'mon i know im not the only one who noticed. >.> There are a few other things pointing to the nationality of other characters in the Zelda series but this is a thread about marth. And i said marth is european because he uses a european sword and hes from games with castles in them and most castles are in europe from what i know.

P.S. Yes german is technically "european" but it is implied that marth is a different kind of european (there is more than one kind in case u didnt know) considering that my whole post was about TL and Marth not being related.

@ Viet: Um, when did i say....nvm.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link doesn't have blue eyes.
Marth is Japanese obv.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Consider this:
You are watching a Chinese movie where all the audio is in mandarin, there are some French, German, and Native americans in there as well. Does that automatically make all of the characters in the movie Chinese? Marth is voiced in japanese simply because his game was released in japan. To prove he is japanese, you will need more proof than "h3 sp33kz 1n d4 l4nguag3".

P.S. TL not having blue eyes just affirms the whole "TL =/= marth's lil bro" concept seeing how marth does have blue eyes.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol
Are you really saying Marth isn't Japanese, for the sake of saying hes not Japanese?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Consider this:
You are watching a Chinese movie where all the audio is in mandarin, there are some French, German, and Native americans in there as well. Does that automatically make all of the cahracters in the movie Chinese?
Sure it does. The ethnic diversity is only set up as a trap by the communist regime.

Marth isn't European or Japanese. He's Altean.
Ankoku stop being good at this game

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Marth can be japanese, i have no problem with that. But if TL is his brother, doesnt that mean he also has to be japanese? >.< I dont think Zelda, TLink, Link or Ganon live in or were born in Japan @_@
Of course not, Zelda and Link are Hylian, TLink a Hyrulian, Ganon is Gerudo.

Btw this thread is currently more fun than Brawl.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
While we are on the subject, does marth even have any blood relatives? (that show up in any of his games that is)
Yep, she's actually present in the first game (seems to be usable; got bored of FE after a while), and she appears in the Prologue in the DS remake.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yea, she is usable in FE SD. She can revive one unit which is useful.

Top Bottom