• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So I thought about that question long and hard.

A character I "like" to fight? Sigh..

I went down the entire list on character discussion board and I came up with the following list:

Sheik
Maybe Pika

Mostly because those matches are fun. No other match is fun. They're either boring or the other character has some stupid gay **** to them that makes the game even more not fun.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I have alot of fun fighting fox for some reason. It's kinda annoying though when upsmash can kill at like 98%.

And pika is mad dumb to fight. QAC and jolts all day. *yawn*

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's probably not just wifi. He's underrated.

He also does fairly well against Marth, especially if you don't know what to do in the match.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
That usmash is deadly on wifi.
Fox ***** on wifi, why is that?
Lol dair *****
Lol input delay.
Lol Marth cant space online.
Lol wifi.

And if Sheik,Pika, and Zamus didnt do some dumb BS to him I think Fox would be tournament viable. The fact that someone can CP pika and pretty much auto-win is annoying.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Link

watching his recovery is just awesome. Sakurai does have a sense of humor beyond tripping.
I hate fighting Link. His projectiles are annoying and his range rivals yours.

I like playing against players who don't play gay. So I pretty much never enjoy myself while playing Barlw

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Actually I do like to fight R.O.B. :) Jab ***** his N-air when he's trying to attack while recovering, and if you wait for him to come up with his up b you can grab the ledge before him causing him to fly over you and you can come up and hit him with anything :grin: I like using N-air because it just hits him behind you and sends him right back out.

D3 is a fun match too, I need more exp. in the match tho Atomsk beat me :(

As for MK anyone that's really good with MK I just love because I never get to play the match-up so I'm like a little school girl feeling all giddy inside lmao

SmashLumpy

Smash Rookie
Yeah,I like fighting just about every character but,who I like the most would have to be either MK or D3 because they're harder matchups so I have to work for my win.
I also like fighting really slow characters since it's fun watching them try to catch Marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
God I hate the D3 matchup. I prefer fighting mk over D3 in all honesty. I just get ***** every time because it's like if he gets a grab, you're basically off the edge. Fighting low tiers is fun in general, not just with Marth.

My least favorite matchup is probably D3. Love how that works out seeing as without going to my school's melee crowd, the best brawler is most likely a D3 player. *sigh*

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Against D3 what you have to do, like against all characters, is get into that optimal range.

The thing is it's pretty small (btwn grab range and ftilt range). But your dtilt, fair and nair all **** him there. His bair almost rivals your fair in range but it isn't as disjointed (slice his foot).

I think the key to the D3 matchup actually is learning when he'll shield, so get him to shield a fair and then use shieldbreaker..

I mean it's not easy to do but if you manage to do it, huge payoff. If you whiff the shieldbreaker, you should be fine as long as you spaced it well, you might eat an Ftilt.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Funnest matchups:

Snake, MK, Falco

Most Boring:

Olimar, ROB

imo...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Most Fun/Easy Matchups:

:ganondorf::falcon::squirtle::link2::dk2::bowser2::charizard::yoshi2:

Most Annoying/Hard Matchups:

:wolf: (We have a Wolf who is obscene at the WoP)
:olimar: (Friend is ridiculous with his grab combos.)
:metaknight: (Nuff Said)
Campy :snake:
pro :dedede:

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
nice vid ayen, i stopped after 1:35 because nothing could be more epic than that.
I like the d3 matchup. i like and massive characters tbh...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
My favorite match-up so far is Toon Link.

Once you get in...he can't escape. Resistance is futile. Succumb to my superiority...yes...come little boy...

come.

∫unk

Smash Master
favorite matchup is any one i win

i was playing yesterday my mk is way worse than my marth now :(

edit: i dont like the japanese-name presents: this thing. probably because im japanese and it just sounds stupid... "JOHN SMITH PRESENTS: MARTH GENERAL DISCUSSION"

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Backlash, that is my matchup. I have so much experience there.

It's actually pretty straightforward:

-Fthrow Fsmash at low percents
-PS projectiles (easy except for bombs)
-Zair is soo easy to PS, especially since most TL's telegraph it (via airdodge)
-Stay right out of his sword range
-Most TLs almost always recover low, punish that
-Dtilt ***** all of his ground options

*EDIT: I agree about the topic title, not because I'm Japanese.... I just don't know who the people are.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Ok, i will be able to **** that TL once i get the PS down then for the zair since i see that BS coming from a mile away. I can go even with this excellent TL i know w/o the PS'd zair thing. Thx. I sorta agree about the title thingy but who am i to object to weeaboo fanservice. XD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Now the title is misleading. <_<

Anyway...if I made a Brawl+ montage with Marth in it, would you watch it? Even if it's just to see me get ***** and get lucky?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I think everyone here should have Purple marth. Its a must.

And he has to be holding a lemon in his empty hand.

Man, basket ball today was crazy.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT My Gold Marth is WAY sexier...

Well excuse me princess. My 'gold' is actually Cheese-kun Marth now. Lern2gloat

Junk I don't even watch Brawl vids anymore. My doctor said it was affecting my health negatively.

foofatron

Smash Cadet
I was battling with marth, on the lest side of FD i got in between the edge and the downward curve and I upb'd. It looked like I should have been gimped cause up was used and the marth did a second upb and went through the edge.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I was battling with marth, on the lest side of FD i got in between the edge and the downward curve and I upb'd. It looked like I should have been gimped cause up was used and the marth did a second upb and went through the edge.
G&W's Up+B has invincibility frames to the apex of the parachute methinks. Or something close to that frame-wise.

Tennet you win only because you're persistent.

VS

?

Top Bottom