• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
My controller broke about 6 months ago, and when I went to Gamestop to get another one, they didn't have anymore new official Nintendo controllers anymore! So I settled for one of the big Gamestop controllers.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I got my latest gamecube controller the day the wii came out. Either I'm not playing as much as everyone else or something else. Everyone who sees it thinks it's brand new. >>

And yes, got two of em for 15 bucks ^^.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
The L, R, and Z buttons on those things are made of 100% pure fail. Funny thing is i do just fine with it tho lol (my hands are kinda long thats probably why). More often than not the c-stick, control stick, or z button are the first thing to render the controller unusable. I picked up ICs and it caused my z button to break just recently XD. Now i change the y button to grab to lessen the wear on the z button but i switch between the 2 for some wierd reason.

@fear: you know u wanna gimme that extra rite?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ugh, control stick is my worst problem, it works fine for an adventure game, but when you need reaction on SSB, it sucks.
I have a friend who has a GC controller with a fail B button practically stuck in and jammed permanently.

Timbers

check me out
I have a friend who has a GC controller with a fail B button practically stuck in and jammed permanently.
tell your friend to start washing his fat greasy hands

My controller has been good for about 2 years. Just recently the springs in the shoulder buttons are starting to go wonky though. Like it'll lock up and you gotta mash it down or somethin'. Wanting to take the springs out but I have no idea how to do that.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Im sure you can sell ur controllers to some poor scrub who needs some of your gaming aura to improve *cough* viet *cough*

Oh and as a way to randombly bring things closer to topic, what kind of feel do u guys like for your controller for marth? For me i like the control stick when it snaps back to the center well but it loose enuff for me to tilt it easily (its a wierd but unique feel between worn out and new). I hate loose c-sticks tho since they like doin tilts instead of smashes sometimes but if it glides my smashes and fairs come out nicely. I guess my prefferences depend on what character im using tho.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i need a new gamecube controller
my control stick has lost the grip + the rubber part comes off sometimes so all it is is just a plastic cover that doesn't really help my thumb lol
the b button sticks sometimes so if i wanna do fast DBs i have to press very precisely

i have another controller but that one's z button is stubborn and only works 6/10 times...i would assign grab to y but i like to IAP with falco by sliding my thumb right from y to b >__>;

siiiiighhhh...what to do

i might buy a triwing over ebay and then fix my bad control stick one by swapping control sticks w/ the sticky-z controller and re-greasing the b-button

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Haha, I just broke my gamecube controller, ironic that we're talking about new ones. :p Usually what happens with mine is the control stick rubber rubs off and the C stick does as well, and that's sooo annoying. Gamestop rarely gets in new controllers, so I resort to Ebay.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My control stick and c-stick are both broken..... -_-

There's pretty much a 50% chance that my characters will do what I want them to do.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
Im sure you can sell ur controllers to some poor scrub who needs some of your gaming aura to improve *cough* viet *cough*

Oh and as a way to randombly bring things closer to topic, what kind of feel do u guys like for your controller for marth? For me i like the control stick when it snaps back to the center well but it loose enuff for me to tilt it easily (its a wierd but unique feel between worn out and new). I hate loose c-sticks tho since they like doin tilts instead of smashes sometimes but if it glides my smashes and fairs come out nicely. I guess my prefferences depend on what character im using tho.
dont cough on others cough to yourself

no manners

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
kaylo ur only hope is to play mk

whoops double post with entirely different content how does that happen

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Through pure idiocy Junk, PURE TEXAN BLACK GOLD idiocy.
<3 Texas

So I hear we're talking about controllers,

Luckily I had a friend of mine order me a brand new one, which he has now still in the box, which I'm swearing not to touch until I arrive to America where I'll hopefully be able to break it in for d00cus' and easy dancing blade spam within a couple of hours.

My current controller isn't too bad... except shoulder buttons seem to be non-responsive sometimes...
But I can do sheik's dacus so easily on it... while failing at Falcos... arr well.

GENESIS.

Also Pierce, only like two aussies posted (myself and Vyse), no need to hype the invasion yet.

It's when the aussies take all the placements in the top 20 is when you start hyping Australia =)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Through pure idiocy Junk, PURE TEXAN BLACK GOLD idiocy.
<3 Texas

So I hear we're talking about controllers,

Luckily I had a friend of mine order me a brand new one, which he has now still in the box, which I'm swearing not to touch until I arrive to America where I'll hopefully be able to break it in for d00cus' and easy dancing blade spam within a couple of hours.

My current controller isn't too bad... except shoulder buttons seem to be non-responsive sometimes...
But I can do sheik's dacus so easily on it... while failing at Falcos... arr well.

GENESIS.

Also Pierce, only like two aussies posted (myself and Vyse), no need to hype the invasion yet.

It's when the aussies take all the placements in the top 20 is when you start hyping Australia =)
where will you be staying in the US upon arrival?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
the only way to get good with marth is to post in run on sentences with no capitalization or punctuation imo

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
That, and the key is in your post count and/or ability. You must be a Smash Master... or NEO-esque Melee pro.
GAH, much more spamming to do. must achieve smashmasterrrr.

Guys, i have a problem:

When my shiek progresses, my marth regresses and vice-versa.

how do i save them both!?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
steel why didnt you quote me like everyone else did

thats rude

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yaeh I know