• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
isn't fthrow x3 > ss fsmash guaranteed?
i think tipped dair out of fthrow is guaranteed on snake as well, which sets him up in a really awkward situation.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
you can 0-death snake if you forward throw(x whatever) him into a spike near the ledge early percent if he doesn't smash DI lol

you just have to follow up with another spike on his cypher which is really easy considering he's right below you. I've done it a few times.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Just to clear things up guys you cant consecutively f throw Snake

your only options at 0 are forward throw to spike or f throw to SS F smash or f throw to DB or fair
nair works, trust me, lol. like i said it's just really hard. the combo counter says it's 3 hits anyways...

Mr-R

Smash Champion
wtf marth has a guarenteed spike on snake from 0 % o.O
I need to look at these boards more often lol

∫unk

Smash Master
MARTH GENIUS STFU KADAJ

if someone said i had the choice to pay 15 dollars a month (same as WoW monthly payments) and i got green/blue connection with ec i'd be the first one paying

actually thinking about it nintendo could make a lot of money just offering improved wifi for money lol

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Just to clear things up guys you cant consecutively f throw Snake

your only options at 0 are forward throw to spike or f throw to SS F smash or f throw to DB or fair
People like snake go right to the dodge when being forward throw'd, they can jump sure but if you read that they waste their jump, you follow up with an upair, goes right into insta-juggle because they lack their jump. Or just fair and follow up.

with DI tho your only hitting with the 1st hit of the nair

WIFI ME BOI
Lol that's like crazy reaction time though. And you'd have to use it a lot if your opponent is just smash DI'ing it every time.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Also guys, Marth's grab release to dair on meta knight ON STAGE is real

I dont know how I failed to do it in the past... but, yeah

Grab Release IASA: 29
Initiate FULL HOP*: 39 (refer as x)
Buffer Dair: x + 1
Hit: x + 11 (e.g. 50)

*full hop is holding onto jump the ENTIRE start up of the jump (4 frames).

Meta Knight can uair to hit you frame 52, and frame 53 he's invincible from his air dodge.
Meaning you only have frames 39-41 (3 frames) to initiate the full hop buffered dair.
Marth can buffer a dash on frame 28/29 to start dashing frame 30.

The 3 frame margin for error is shared between the dair and the buffered dash.
If you start to dash on frame 32, you will only be able to hit him on frame 52 by starting the buffered fh dair on frame 41.

Why didnt this work for me in the past? Full hops. Making sure you rise from the ground with forward momentum is probably a requirement I ignored too. I also ignored it because after the initial hype mikehaze brought he said "tyrant started consistantly getting out of it". :|

Also yada yada MK will die from a fresh dair off stage guaranteed at like 50%.

If you're practicing, MK lands on the ground on frame 56. So if you land it and MK doesn't bounce back up you're at least getting it on frame 55 or before.
Trying to do it properly ive gotten it before frame 56 like once out of 20 :(

**** i ****

Mr-R

Smash Champion
that dair thing onstage might work once or twice, but if the oponnent rolls away asap or even TECH it, theres no way u can follow up ( because of the lag dair gives ) right ?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Snake can't jump or airdodge in time to avoid a regrab until like 2 fthrows.

Shaya's super gimp avoids fthrow x2 to if they jump dancing blade downwards, or just dash off and start fairing them into a footstool.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
lmao? I dont really mm anyone

I played some friendlies with him ic's v marth about 3 he took a game off of me in one of them but i was seeing how he was trying to approach, i think the one he won was on lylat and the two i won on were bf and sv

but they were just friendlies lol
stop making up results kadaj ROFL

it wasn't a mm, it was a friendly set and you got 2-0'd. i believe cheese cuz ur a$$ be making up results and gloating about them

stop lying ***** u lost, it's brawl - i lost to ganon. losing happens

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lmao neo just completely ruined everything for kadaj :p
theres no shame in losing, I lost to a mario main once xD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Cheese is getting better, he took first game off will and almost took the second one off Will's counterpick in a MM (had to leave so dunno wut happened after that, though I know he lost overall) but he's definitely improving. He needs to stop dropping those chaingrabs first though.

Of course, I suck at this game so he'd probably kick my *** like as SNES if we played.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
he needs to stop being a **** and lie and brag about beating people in friendlies.
He definitely is a bit of a braggart, I remember on the bus to snes, because of some new IC technique that he thought turned the MU around to a major IC advantage, he'd beat any snake including Ally.

Ironically Ally was in our pool... I'm sure you guys can figure out what happen.

Honestly though, if he was good I don't think he'd get a quarter of the flack he gets, he's far from the worst in the community in that regard.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
wow, I just found out an awesome gimmick against mk on sv, that can be EXTREMELY USEFULL
Right now im recording what I managed to pull off the day after I created this gimmick.
AGAIN not a true combo or anything, but defintely a cool mindgame :p

Mr-R

Smash Champion
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LE5FEWW9

OKAY GUYS, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE ^ ITS LIKE 20 MB OR SOMETHING

anyway, I can imagine this working in tourney matches, Ill explain how it works
assuming most of you know what platform canceling is.. ( this will only work on stages with moving platforms )
Isn't it annoying when ur grabreleasing mk and all of a sudden that stupid platform from SV is ruining ur ( guarenteed ) hit on metaknight ?
well I was messing around with platform canceling and I actually found a pretty good gimmick,u platform cancel and then instantly grab him WHILE he's shielding, sure MK could jump or up b ( instead of shielding ) but THATS BOTH punishable as well, besides most mk's just shield because they think thats the safest option for them, its nothing guarenteed but its at least better then not doing anything at all

video 1, is just to show the possibilities of platformcancel to grab.
as u can see there was no other way of punishing MK for his side b, I just wouldn't make it intime without the platformcancel

video 3 is just something I needed to get online for a certain link community combo vid xD

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
most people are so scurred on platform against marth, it's a great way to get a free grab lol

makes lylat moar **** ***

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lol Mr R i do this alot xD

I love platform cancel to grab
I've been spamming platform cancel these last couple of days EVERY match just to get better at it
I think i can do it constantly now!

Top Bottom