• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.04 changes??

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Looked around and did some testing myself.

- Hydrant has more health as B-air and Melon don't break it in one hit. It takes an additional jab to send it flying.
- F-Smash has faster startup
- Grab is a tiny bit quicker to come out. Still bad though
- B-air might have more landing lag but I'm not sure.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I tested the glitch where the fruit goes super fast when Z dropping and it doesn't work anymore (unless I do it wrong, but I could do it before patch)

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Looked around and did some testing myself.

- Hydrant has more health as B-air and Melon don't break it in one hit. It takes an additional jab to send it flying.
- F-Smash has faster startup
- Grab is a tiny bit quicker to come out. Still bad though
- B-air might have more landing lag but I'm not sure.
I noticed the f-smash and the grab being SLIGHTLY faster... but not fast enough to get my excited lol.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I was able to confirm these changes. Hydrant does not break from one bair anymore. Fastest I can break it now is bair > Ftilt. Fsmash does come out faster, how more effective it will be I will have to test. I did notice they did not fix hydrant going through platforms, so that is a good thing.

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
I was able to confirm these changes. Hydrant does not break from one bair anymore. Fastest I can break it now is bair > Ftilt. Fsmash does come out faster, how more effective it will be I will have to test. I did notice they did not fix hydrant going through platforms, so that is a good thing.
The increase in Hydrant's HP cripples a lot of Pac's game plans. To put pressure on them with the Hydrant was a blessing. Now it takes much longer for us to get that working and I just had to suffer through that with playing a Ness. I realized it at the saddest of times.. Also, I think they nerfed the recovery on the Trampoline. I was able to recover well enough on Paper Mario Omega but now it just seems like I only come up a bit short. I also noticed it when my opponents don't go up as high on Blue Trampoline.

Confirm that for me if you would?

Edit: Scratch that.. They nerfed the damage on Bair.. From 12% - 11%

Last edited:

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
Oh! The Ghosts seem to not be disjointed from Pac-Man anymore. They actually come out close to his hands this time.

All Smashes confirmed for this.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I have another 3ds available that has not been patched, unfortunately I cannot test further till later. I will run through all moves in training mode since we already know about hydrant. I will check damage for all moves and other requests.

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
If the hydrant has more health, won't it do more damage when it is sent flying?

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Is it just me or does Pac-Man have less start-up on his side-b? He starts travelling as soon as you let go of b; before I remember a tiny bit of lag before he began travelling.

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
Is it just me or does Pac-Man have less start-up on his side-b? He starts travelling as soon as you let go of b; before I remember a tiny bit of lag before he began travelling.
You might be right on that. I'm noticing that there's a bit of an increase in speed for the Side B. Might be better for tech chasing now.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
The hydrant change really feels like it's going to ruin a lot of what made Pac-Man so great at pressure.
I have to disagree with this. Pac-man is still able to launch the hydrant somewhat quickly with bair > ftilt. I think this was more to stop z dropping hydrant breaking, just fresh bairs was negative side effect. I also found using hydrant as bait for other players attacks more effective when trying to rushdown. It hurts our zone game more then pressure.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I have to disagree with this. Pac-man is still able to launch the hydrant somewhat quickly with bair > ftilt. I think this was more to stop z dropping hydrant breaking, just fresh bairs was negative side effect. I also found using hydrant as bait for other players attacks more effective when trying to rushdown. It hurts our zone game more then pressure.
Definitely hurts the zone game. You used to be able to send out hydrant after hydrant quite quickly. Bair was quick enough, but Bair + Ftilt has gotten me punished before, so now I'll definitely have to be more cautious with how I use the hydrant.

Going to miss Z-drop hydrant breaks as well, nonetheless.

Apparently Pac-Man's smashes have less range now? Can anyone confirm this?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I still think this barely hurts us. If anything, it just tells us to stop spamming the hydrant as much. Its not really that big of a time difference to launch then it was before, just find better ways to launch it then before

Last edited:

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I can confirm PacMan's Fsmash has a little less range. I'm not sure about Usmash though.

So far:

-PacMan's (fresh) Bair and Melon cannot break a fresh hydrant drop.
-Fruit Push Charge via Hydrant glitch is gone.
-PacMan's Fsmash is faster, but has SLIGHTLY less range. None of his smashes have changed.

Last edited:

dr_six

Smash Cadet
Definitely hurts the zone game. You used to be able to send out hydrant after hydrant quite quickly. Bair was quick enough, but Bair + Ftilt has gotten me punished before, so now I'll definitely have to be more cautious with how I use the hydrant.

Going to miss Z-drop hydrant breaks as well, nonetheless.

Apparently Pac-Man's smashes have less range now? Can anyone confirm this?
You can still z-drop hydrant with key.

Leo Heart

Smash Rookie
These are literally the only changes, stop spreading false info because you "feel" like something is different.

Hydrant is now a set 13% (Melon can no longer break it)
Galaxian flagship now does 9% per tick ( down from 11%)

Fresh bair still does 12% after patch.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
These are literally the only changes, stop spreading false info because you "feel" like something is different.

Hydrant is now a set 13% (Melon can no longer break it)
Galaxian flagship now does 9% per tick ( down from 11%)

nvm
The z-dropping into hydrant is also gone, according to multiple people in this thread.

Last edited:

Leo Heart

Smash Rookie
Oh, yea they fixed that glitch too.

Edit: I might have lied, fruit might not disappear as quickly on hit.
Going to test it now.

Edit:Nvm, Fruit disappear just as quick.

Last edited:

dr_six

Smash Cadet
I found another change. The opponents do not bounce very high on the trampoline.

BSP

Smash Legend
How high is not very high?

Pac-Man nerfs why...His grab alone keeps him balanced imo.

dr_six

Smash Cadet
It's a buff if anything. It seems like it'll be great for setups.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Here to confirm that fresh backair on hydrant no longer knocks it away. Everything else feels the same, so other changes will be minor, if any.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Science!
I took my available copies and tested all the things.

All Smashes are the same. No differences found
All tilts are the same
Jab is the same
Aerials are the same.
All throws are the same
Side B is the same

Fruit change is only Galaxian down to 9%

Hydrant health has been increased to 13% Verified with two down tilts that do 6% each. Launched in 1.0.3, did not in 1.0.4.

Up-B bounces are normalized, they will always bounce the same amount, and that amount has been lowered. Before they would be bounced onto the top platform of battlefield. Now just midway through it. It does not matter if Blue or Yellow, red still causes the same fall. It has not changed Pac-man's bounces, he still bounces the same amount.

I did not have customs unlocked on my other copy, I was unable to test any of them.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So we got a minor buff in the form of a biased trampoline (easier follow-ups after they bounce off of it) and the hydrant health increase barely does anything (well besides megaman being unable to snipe the hydrant anymore with an fsmash)
Just try other options instead of bair into it. Run off, sheild or attack, z drop key, nair + uair, nair+jab...

Last edited:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Science!
I took my available copies and tested all the things.

All Smashes are the same. No differences found
All tilts are the same
Jab is the same
Aerials are the same.
All throws are the same
Side B is the same

Fruit change is only Galaxian down to 9%

Hydrant health has been increased to 13% Verified with two down tilts that do 6% each. Launched in 1.0.3, did not in 1.0.4.

Up-B bounces are normalized, they will always bounce the same amount, and that amount has been lowered. Before they would be bounced onto the top platform of battlefield. Now just midway through ier. t. It does not matter if Blue or Yellow, red still causes the same fall. It has not changed Pac-man's bounces, he still bounces high
I did not have customs unlocked on my other copy, I was unable to test any of them.
Minor correction. Yellow is a smidge higher then blue still. The ai was trolling me. I switched to Mario and tested. Red also puts you into special fall if you are not pac

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
The Hydrant HP thing is not necessarily a nerf. It means that Pac-man's zoning has been nerfed, but this leads to several great followups.

In particular, bair->jab, bair->ftilt, and bair->up-tilt are three different launch types. Before, you'd have to do a very difficult nair->jab if you wanted a quickie "slow defensive hydrant".

The zoning game will be missed, but as long as RosaLuma has been nerfed, I don't think the Hydrant was critical to our gameplan. (But it was a great tool nonetheless). Now, its going to be a good component of the defensive game IMO. (IE: Ledge guarding)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I dunno, I'm a little upset about not being able to launch a hydrant right after placing it down. It wasn't something I didn't do all the time, but it was a great option for mixups. I played a few matches today, and since I cannot auto launch a hydrant as reliably any longer, I did have a harder time fighting opponents than I did before. It seems like everyone else's smash attacks and basics will launch it, but Pac's own will not, which is sad.

But, here's hoping they'll see the nerf in the future as a mistake and set it back. If not, we can deal with it, but I really hope it doesn't gimp Pac's game.

To be honest, even after the nerf, I was still wiping the floor with people as Pac-Man. :p

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Another change unless I'm seeing things... Side B is corrected for you more.

By this I mean stand on a platform at battlefield and start your side B and point it down. It used to send you shooting into the floor but now side B auto-directs itself across the ground. I think it's a buff.

I don't think hydrant's bulk will hurt us that bad

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Has Pac-Man always been able to crouch walk through Bowser's flames super-armor style and only take damage? Just had it happen while I was goofing around as Pac on Glory.

Top Bottom