• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/31/09 GIGABITS - Brawling into 2009

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
WTF Gindler, how dare you say this?

LOL @ both us yoshi mains picking up Kirby (Well, Kirby is already my secondary, but only for about a month)
at the next gigs, it'll be kirby's turn to shine. get the hell out ddd!

HulkSmashes

Smash Rookie
was fun.... it was only my second brawl tournament, lookin forward to more. Maybe next time i'll last a little longer.

props to ryo and our Ike dittos

also, thanks to Polmex for the crappy, but still better than nothing transportation :p
and to Monk, Ed, and Petey for putting up with the ride, I had a great time of course

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
so what the hell was up with my singles bracket being loaded with marths? lol it was counter pick city for me

/match-up johns

Gindler

Smash Champion
WTF Gindler, how dare you say this?

LOL @ both us yoshi mains picking up Kirby (Well, Kirby is already my secondary, but only for about a month)
Ha, I'm only picking him up for the kirby matchup (because ditto's are lame)...or DK, too good Bairs FTW

as much as i like yoshi, that ain't gonna happen yet.
It might, I just need to start shielding or spotdodging instead of being so stubborn thinking I don't need an R button :p Plus yoshi's the only one who's cuter than kirby.

Lizard

Smash Ace
CO18 and Redhal,

Our doubles match this time was insanely fun, and very close. But next time i would love some friendlies with you guys. Both of you were very chill and humble, and i'd love to get some 1 on 1's with you!

See you in March!

Deadweight

Smash Ace
CO18 and Redhal,

Our doubles match this time was insanely fun, and very close. But next time i would love some friendlies with you guys. Both of you were very chill and humble, and i'd love to get some 1 on 1's with you!

See you in March!
^What he said^
"Show em what happens when they go in the water"

OverLade

Smash Hero
I quit brawl for like 3 months and results get all whacked out...
Its just tampa.

Tampa comes and fvks up the results. Get at us!!!

CO18 and Redhal,

See you in March!
Yeah sure, looking forward to it.

I havent' been confirmed for march gigs yet though, but ATM Im gonna assume that I'm going.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If anyone can post the two 7th placers and the four 9th placers, that would be really nice.

I'll take it in bits and pieces if you guys know anything.

OverLade

Smash Hero
<content redacted>

Why feel bad for losing to Tommy G? He's really good. He would've placed higher if he didnt have to play me. :p

And Pikachu vs. Metaknight is a ******** matchup. Don't feel bad for the way it turned out. Pikachu has some game on MK, but I sub pikachu so I know the character I'm fighting against very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masky

Smash Master
Why feel bad for losing to Tommy G? He's really good. He would've placed higher if he didnt have to play me. :p

And Pikachu vs. Metaknight is a ******** matchup. Don't feel bad for the way it turned out. Pikachu has some game on MK, but I sub pikachu so I know the character I'm fighting against very well.
in our matches I could tell you knew a lot about what exactly Pikachu can and can't do in any given position. I have to figure out other ways to approach MK, especially when the MK is so good at powershielding... that threw me off a lot.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tommy G is really good, so I don't want to john but I didn't know how to DI Falco's CG to spike. If it wasn't for that I'm pretty sure I would have won (but who knows).
I'm sorry, I don't wanna start **** but stuff like this is getting old. How can you say you would have won if you couldn't get past his CG to spike? Maybe he saw that you didn't know how to di it, so thats the main tool he used to win? To say that you would win if he didn't cg or if you knew how to get passed it is extremely arrogant imo.

Masky

Smash Master
You didn't watch the match... but yeah it is pretty arrogant. Guess I'm just a sore loser. I'll edit my post (it's still in your quote though :urg:)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah, Tommy G is really good, so I don't want to john but I didn't know how to DI Falco's CG to spike. If it wasn't for that I'm pretty sure I would have won (but who knows).

But yeah in our matches I could tell you knew a lot about what exactly Pikachu can and can't do in any given position. I have to figure out other ways to approach MK, especially when the MK is so good at powershielding... that threw me off a lot.
You can' t DI falcos CG to spike.... >_>

And Pikachu can't survive it if he's spiked at 40%. It's absolutely ********. Never played Pikachu vs. Falco unless you plan to not get grabbed....

I know pikachu, so approaching me won't be easy. But good luck lol.

Top Bottom