• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yeah, rick-rolling is much better. All well. Hopefully real footage will come up at the site's update. (Still want to see Sakurai's 2 uptilts into 4 shffled up-airs into a fire palm finisher :D)

I am also excited about StarCraft 2 since I have been waiting for 10 years while Super Smash Bros only a year (I only really got into this game after I learned about advanced techniques).

Zodiac

Smash Master
OH MY GOD SO MANY NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!111

CAPS LOCOCOCCKCK!!!!

Thanks for showing that to me. Excellent, honestly. + rep.

Going to sleep. Got an alarm set for 10 minutes before it changes days in Japan. w00t.
Yea, thats what im gonna do, but, ya know, I cant wait

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Although I am greatly anticipating the revealing of Brawl, I was much more hyped(and willing to stay up all night) about StarCraft 2 than I am about Brawl. This is probably more due to StarCraft being nearly ten years without a sequel and Smash Bros. onto its third, but I think it's probably also due to the (very early) view of Brawl we've already seen.

I don't know, it's been many months, I'm hoping to see something to make me forget about how silly Zero Suit Samus is.
Melee was released in the craptacular year of 2000 and one. Been about 6 years since that one was released. It's funny, it took from what? 99-2001 for the 64-melee transition, and almost (if not at or more than) 6 years for the next installment to come out. It's been a decent chunk of time, more than 3 years at least.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
wow 118 pages and still growing...can't wait till tomorrow and does anyone know if the whole 12pm for Japan thing is official?

Yeah, rick-rolling is much better. All well. Hopefully real footage will come up at the site's update. (Still want to see Sakurai's 2 uptilts into 4 shffled up-airs into a fire palm finisher :D)

I am also excited about StarCraft 2 since I have been waiting for 10 years while Super Smash Bros only a year (I only really got into this game after I learned about advanced techniques).

HAHAHA....Silv Combo.

Sakurai: Mindgames son!!!

Kojima: OMG WTF n00b!!11

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
Regarding Zero Suit Samus:
..........SILLY?!?!?!?!?!
Despite her obvious assets to attract their target audience(apparently T for Teen), she seems out of place and merely as a female slot(yes, this is spelled correctly) filler. Her moveset seems very Shiek, and hardly anything worthy of note. There's room for a lot more deserving characters, including female, and unless we see more "evolutions" (i.e. Pikachu devolving to Pikachu, Mario turning 8-bit, etc) for other characters, I'm seeing Zero Suit as merely teen fodder.

This coming from a man who plays as Pikachu, I know, quite shocking.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Have you ever thought that maybe they desperately needed a new Metroid character? You can argue for Ridley, but think about it. Ridley would likely have taken a long time to put into the trailer, he seems like the character that would take some real time to develop. I think that Zero Suit Samus was just easier and more convenient to showcase as a new Metroid character in E3 2006...

I still believe Ridley is being fine tuned if he is scheduled to appear...

Regarding Zero Suit Samus:

Despite her obvious assets to attract their target audience(apparently T for Teen), she seems out of place and merely as a female slot(yes, this is spelled correctly) filler. Her moveset seems very Shiek, and hardly anything worthy of note. There's room for a lot more deserving characters, including female, and unless we see more "evolutions" (i.e. Pikachu devolving to Pikachu, Mario turning 8-bit, etc) for other characters, I'm seeing Zero Suit as merely teen fodder.

This coming from a man who plays as Pikachu, I know, quite shocking.
Well,I guess it varies upon mentalities.

Was that pun intended?

XD

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
Have you ever thought that maybe they desperately needed a new Metroid character?
Ridley, Space Pirate(SNES), Space Pirate(Prime), Space Marine(can't remember their exact name), and the four bounty hunters from Metroid: Hunters(DS). They couldn't have been that desperate for a Metroid character. Perhaps they were more desperate for something that can sway more of the "Smash Bros. is for Kids" Halo 3/Sony crowd over. Play as Zerp Suit once and I can garauntee they won't say too many negative things about Smash Bros. for a while.

This should be highly unnecessary though, the gameplay itself speaks volumes.

You can argue for Ridley, but think about it. Ridley would likely have taken a long time to put into the trailer, he seems like the character that would take some real time to develop. I think that Zero Suit Samus was just easier and more convenient to showcase as a new Metroid character in E3 2006...
Mmmm, no. Zero Suit Samus seems quite intricately detailed, and thoroubly animated(although I probably should look closer to certain body parts to confirm this), there's no doubt in my mind that they couldn't have shown off a Ridley character instead.

Besides the already said reasons, I feel Zero Suit Samus is merely a small piece of Brawl, and was more shocking than an already fan-expected Ridley. However, in 7(?) hours from now I'll know.

Thardus

Smash Rookie
The wait is killing me. So much so that it has now overthrown my many years of lurking here and forced me to sign up.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep. I hope I get to see the info before work tomorrow.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Well Midnight for me already, I'm going to sleep
I hope Murphy's Law applies to me for all of you

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, just wow. I leave for 6 hours with 89 pages. And I come back and BAM! 119 pages o__o

Well. I'm going to go to bed soon, and I will set my alarm to awake me shortly before 8AM PST! Woot! Let this be known as the last night I knew of Fox as the most recent character in Brawl!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
@Thardus I have been lurking awhile also until the wait and sheer boredom made me consider signing up. I glad I did. This place is great.

Unfortunately, I do not think I can contribute that much to the site. Maybe I can make a funny joke or two before going to tournament. (And not one made by the Gamer's Association in a university where nobody uses advance techniques.) :mad:

Edit: omg smash child, I would be more excited if the Brawl info was already released, but thankfully it won't be too long.

Link-kun

Smash Rookie
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n00/index.html

...as long as you can read Japanese

The third one down (the one that starts with a 5), says that the Smash Bros site will be reopened in the afternoon of the 22nd. Afternoon means 12pm or later.
12 pm in the afternoon of the 22nd..... well.. so that's in japan, if its really 12 pm in the afternoon, that means something like 10 pm of tomorrow for us o_O

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
this thread seems to be slowing down alot,

I want to make the new thread already

NEW BRAWL SITE OPEN, NEW CHARS, STAGES, RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cerpin Taxt

Smash Cadet
gah...alright **** this wait. No, sadly I have nothing more to contribute to this thread, not that it needs it or anything but I thought her why not, Spam? seems to be the thing to do in this thread.

Thardus

Smash Rookie
I concur, out with the old and in with the new!

Someone speed this smeg up and we can put this ole gal of a thread out to pasture.

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
has anything like the smasbros site countdown been done by nintendo before?
Not to my knowledge, Melee certainly didn't get one. I think Brawl getting a countdown is really just to make up for the lack of E3, where they'd show off the trailer and info in full style. This is the best they can try and do to get a lot of heads turned all at the same time.

... Also they might be trying to get a similiar "OMG" factor as the one Blizzard got for StarCraft 2. Blizzard's "OMG" came with earthquakes, tsunamis, and Koreans though, that's hard to beat. ;)

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I have a really rad idea for a game we can play while we wait!

Alright, I'll say something that has something to do with Super Smash Bros., then the next person says something that has to begin with the letter that the previous word ended with, still having something to do with Smash Bros. of cours.!

Example!

Person 1: Captain Falcon

Person 2: Ness

Person 3: Samus

Person 4: Solid Snake

And so on and so on.

Alright, I'll start. Ready?

Fox

Andromeda

Smash Lord

Alright, I'll say something that has something to do with Super Smash Bros., then the next person says something that has to begin with the letter that the previous word ended with, still having something to do with Smash Bros. of cours.!

Example!

And so on and so on.

Fox
Alright!.....

...Alright....

Xuper Xmaxh Brox.?

Say ONE thing in smash that begins with a x

Example!

And so on and so on.

Fox
Game's over already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom