• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/03/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Back 2 Melee 09

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I've just been inspired to get a bag of change. Do not ask me if it's for lunch money people, it will be my MM bag.

So now I have an AceBox for my controller, and a ziploc bag, scratch that, let's call it the AceBag for my MM money.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Bifocals: You're always full of random information, lol. Was nice talking to you man, maybe we can play some CS when I get a new computer.
I'm easy to find on steam, although I play zombieescape/gungame almost exclusively because of all the QQing wierdos running strange serverside "anticheat" mods in regular CSS.

Btw you know I design/build/repair computers right? Throw a budget and your current comp
s specs at me, I can make a gaming computer out of almost anything.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Actually I do have a little PSA I would like to give:

If you're not going to enter the tournament then don't come. There were WAY too many people there that just sat on TVs and played friendlies the whole time and not enough setups, which meant that the people who actually came and entered the tournament couldn't warm up or play the people they actually wanted, because every TV had a line of scrubs that don't think they're good enough to "waste" money on entering.

If you want to wait until you feel like you're good enough to enter then you're never going to enter or be good. If you aren't competing then you aren't adding anything to anyone's tournament experience so don't come. If you just want to play friendlies then do it with your friends at their houses, don't waste space at a tournament.
Gonna have to disagree with this. I do think there shold be some sort of door fee to account for people just coming for friendlies, but people should be able to come without entering. Also, WTF bailing on housing!!!! Not cool.

@Raistlin: My first experience with you like 2 or 3 years ago. I beat you in first round of the brackets. And you didn't even shake my hand. So I was automatically expecting you to be somewhat the same attitude. But thankfully you weren't. GG's ***** us on our own counterpick lol.
I do remember that. I do not enjoy being camped, all I'm gonna say. Teams was awesome though. You can't out-gay Jiggs and Marth rofl.

heard raistlin and dark sonic played well

good stuff the two ppl who made my trip to Florida that one time amazing =)
Haha, thanks man!!! Yeah, we got 4th and beat Shiz and Scar, it was a good tourney. I got bracket-***** in singles though, definitely calling that john on myself. Got UberIce second round, who is sick as hell, and then harriettheguy right after, who I play ALL THE ****ING TIME and cannot beat. Not cool.

Finch

Smash Lord
Gonna have to disagree with this. I do think there shold be some sort of door fee to account for people just coming for friendlies, but people should be able to come without entering. Also, WTF bailing on housing!!!! Not cool.
:( I'm sorry you think I bailed on housing. I was definitely willing to house gainesville, I just had plans from 8-10:30 which I told josh about and he said it was fine, but when I found out that you weren't leaving early I figured everybody would be more comfortable staying with you since they knew you better. I should have talked to you and josh about it earlier in the day instead of waiting until last minute. Next time I offer housing I'll be better about planning things. Sorry buddy, I was just trying to help out.

Finch, you were there?? If I'd known I wanted to fight you. You were the very first dude I ever fought at a tourney venue of anykind. Hbox's house. I was the asian dude with the red headband.
Do you play falcon? I think we were playing on the same TV but those *******s zoro and plup kept beating us.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
:( I'm sorry you think I bailed on housing. I was definitely willing to house gainesville, I just had plans from 8-10:30 which I told josh about and he said it was fine, but when I found out that you weren't leaving early I figured everybody would be more comfortable staying with you since they knew you better. I should have talked to you and josh about it earlier in the day instead of waiting until last minute. Next time I offer housing I'll be better about planning things. Sorry buddy, I was just trying to help out.
It's all right. I was just not expecting on having them at my place that second night. You had old data to work with, my plans got changed like halfway through the week. It's not a big deal, I was just slightly PERTURBED you could say, and my mom was rather surprised rofl. See you at Winterfest.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Best weekend of the year!

Alright folks, all the videos are now on my channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesokonomi

Note: Subscribe if you want to see those interviews plus more matches! Been working my *** off to post all of them…so enjoy

Scar gave me all his videos that he recorded in his laptop some of these are friendly and there also a few tournament matches as well. also so don’t ask me whom are these guys because I have NO idea who they are. If you do know that this is you facing this opponent, do let me know so I can fix it, other wise, it’s going to be *unknown* forever. AND SCAR GET HIS OWN PLAYLIST ON MY CHANNEL! Omg! Oh and btw scar, I hope you like the music I suggested for your "I kill musafa 3" combo vid! but don't tell anyone X3.

But anyways, I can’t tell you how much I enjoy this weekend, this was the best melee tournament I ever been in my life since…last ummm…really REALLY good melee gigs! I get to meet new players and old, I made a lot of people laugh and probably upset, (Mooney maybe?) but BEST OF ALL…let me tell you what it is.

Scar is the MOST electrifying man in all smash boards went against the man of action in a tournament match. As I hear my name call against scar, I though about it, not only I went Gear Second but I also though about giving the crowd the most entertaining match. I tried SOOOOOOOOOO hard not to go where scar, wall jumps because if I did, we would just stay at the side of the stage of yoshi’s story for a good minute (or less) We did the nasty, nuff said. He is also SOOOOO chill, I am glad that I picked him up and drop him. But yo, scar is mad fun! I would defiantly play him in tournament match. It would be like the rock vs. hulk Hogan.

I want to apologize to WATO for not recording their match, I’ll make it up by recording at the WATO event. But great stuff you guys…sorry if I didn’t made it far and the likes. Oh…and the resent mom johns too. So…about those shouts out

Scar: IF YOU SMELLLLL….WHAT THE SCAR…IS COOKING!!! Let me tell you that when I picked up scar, we connected like is no ones bussiness. We talked about wrestling, knee tactic, off the stage stunts among other thing. But the best part is that I had to face him in a tournament :D. Let me know when your coming again gah! Hope you had mad fun here in FL.

DJ Nintendo: I learn a lot from this guy…like he can play every character and kick *** like is no one’s bussiness. Great job on the tournament too :D.

PB&J: I really wanted to record our match, what we did what pretty intense and nasty and I would love to play ya in a tournament too :D

Dtorr: I am glad that you made it to gigs, other wise I would picked ya up! I hope you learned a lot by watching scar as well played a lot of mad friendlies as well against scar. But honestly man, keep up the good work and you’ll get better, I promise ya.

Hungry box: Don’t worry man, your going to beat colin next time! :D

Shiz: Yoooo…I promise that I’ll interview you next time! Oh and great stuff at the tournament too :D

Zoro: Yoooo man! I hope I made you proud by showing off my skills at the tournament. If it wasn’t for you, I would still suck…even though I somewhat am. But dude, I want to record your matches too :/. But next time, I’ll do it.

Uuaa: yo man, I want to apologize early. Not going to give the reason why and I’ll make it up to you as well.

Kyon: I also need to apologize and make it up to you too.

And if I forgot you then I am sorry or I am too tired at the moment to think of any other people.
So..peace!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
good games everyone, kinda pissed I had to play skrach in losers bracket when i play him all the time but whatever... my luck sux

mute city is gay and im dumb for not banning it

and good stuff colin, the box slayer

Scar

#HarveyDent
lolol actionB you're funny as hell

yo otru i'm banning counterpick stages @ my tournies get @ me no more "**** i didn't ban mute" ever again

shiz-- tourney set was epic, i had mad fun, sorry we didn't do anything @ all in teams lol get ***** us

colbol-- wish i got to play you, pound 4 son

chopz-- next door neighbor ****

pbnj-- mad fun @ denny's you guys are funny as ****

chaddddddddd-- lol ****. you my boy

uber ice-- good **** dude you're **** i would have beaten you though LOLOLOL actually prob not you are really good but no seriously cf ***** ICs (not really)

rock crock-- i love your tag, your dk... and your gannon... sigh. you just like read my mind and it always makes me think, "man i need to go home and get a new strat. my **** is too see-through."

queen-- fun set, you def had me game 2 haha tbh between those last stocks there i was thinking about what i was going to counterpick. one of these days we'll get a clean set in there haha but good to see you nonetheless

hbox-- thanks for the housing, i'm switching my main for a month and then i'll get back to you

UUAA-- good **** you're the fastest fox ever

lady uuaa-- teams was mad fun lol you're really really really good at melee i was really impressed

darkrain-- goddammit

fullmetal, scratch, acedudeyeah -- moneymatches were all fun (scratch you're mad good bro)

RIP-- good to see you again, don't **** with ultimascout

phanna-- thx for the vid uploads

everyone else i really did have a ton of fun, great friendlies with everyone, all the spacies were fast as ****, i hate jiggs

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
ActionB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFl113oRjs
it's me vs skrach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d5wPYD0o5o
this me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2Zp2aEXLQ
this one it's me the first match, toobz the next 2
daaaamn I get jv 4 stocked :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daosKs_K9Kg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEwTVB6tO_0
in these it's toobz

as for the scar vs normal falcos I think it's either sheer or some kid with bread in his name.
Fixed! thanks gah!

as for the scar vs normal falcos I think it's either sheer or some kid with bread in his name.
this need to be confirmed

Today I'll go over singletourney5 and 6 once I am done with class here
Not to mention the interviews! (Renth interview will go first)

PB&J

Smash Hero
fun tourny..thanks for everybody who bought shirts..shout outs later

and uuaa- next time we will ****..thanks for teaming with me

Frames

DI
Haha, thanks man!!! Yeah, we got 4th and beat Shiz and Scar, it was a good tourney. I got bracket-***** in singles though, definitely calling that john on myself. Got UberIce second round, who is sick as hell, and then harriettheguy right after, who I play ALL THE ****ING TIME and cannot beat. Not cool.
at least you didnt have to play m2k first round on your birthday =D

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Dr. Ricky - up and coming star
Thanks Rock, You're so beast at this game. Your words mean a lot to me.

This was definitely a fun tournament. I played like sh*t in singles but oh well, it happens. (PB&J, Chops, Colbol
Much respect to Doc 13 and DJ Nintendo for using Doc in tournament (Or at least I think Doc 13 used Dr. Mario in tourney, he definitely used him in the friendly we played). I thought DJ N did quite well this tourney from what I saw. Oh well, that's just my opinion. I'm takin' notes on all the Doc matches regardless.

Special Thanks to:
BladeofApollo for giving me a ride to Orlando.
Raistlin for the housing and the ride back to G'ville.
Harriettheguy, Rockcrock, Raistlin, Renth, Darksonic, and Vulpine Shine for the training.
Phanna and Scar (and Action B@stard?) for recording.

skrach8

Smash Lord
a few things i figured out this tourny.....

i suck vs ganon

no matter how good you are, u arent **** if you cant perform in tournament

linguini is my new rival

i need to go to more tournies.... sfl included

cant wait to get some more exp at the next tourny.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
I'll possibly be housing for SFL Players or any FL players in general who are going to ROM2. Let me know if you're interested

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Callin out SOFT. I asked the kid if I could get next when there was only 2 people at the TV and he said no (yes he was serious too). Who the hell does that?

Then he decided he'd play me after I called him out for bein gay and tryin to hog the TV. He ledgecamped me the whole match in a friendly. He literally didn't leave the ledge more than 30 seconds the entire 7 minute match or w/e the hell it was.

So yah SOFT is mad gay.
wow, that's weak. I can't believe someone would say no when asking if you could jump in. Major BS
I'll answer on this one-
I won't say the way S0ft responded was polite or appropriate, but let me explain his thought process to you:

When someone walks up to a tv and asks to get next, but the people on it are trying to warm up for the tournament, they respond in one of two ways:
1. They grit their teeth and say "ok" and have their practice interrupted
2. They force the person trying to get on the tv to leave by saying "Its a set" or "Lemme get one more" or just pressing start really fast when the match ends to try and keep the newcomer out by subtlety or being rude.

So what I think S0ft did was skip the bull**** in the #2 example given above and just say "no"
But Sheer, if you recall correctly his words were "No man, we're trying to get warmed up here"... not just "No"

Again, I'm not trying to justify the way he behaved, just explain it.
And to whoever said they'd have hit him? You'd better keep your lid on if you try to hit my friend while I'm around, even if he deserves it.

Anyways, I had fun at this, I wanted to play more people but it was hard to get on a tv.
Mad props to DarkSonic, I freakin love that guy.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
[When someone walks up to a tv and asks to get next, but the people on it are trying to warm up for the tournament, they respond in one of two ways:
1. They grit their teeth and say "ok" and have their practice interrupted
2. They force the person trying to get on the tv to leave by saying "Its a set" or "Lemme get one more" or just pressing start really fast when the match ends to try and keep the newcomer out by subtlety or being rude.

So what I think S0ft did was skip the bull**** in the #2 example given above and just say "no"
But Sheer, if you recall correctly his words were "No man, we're trying to get warmed up here"... not just "No"
There were like 50 people there all "trying to get warmed up" like you guys and there was only like 6-7 playable TVs. Why on earth would you guys think you were entilted to use up 1 of those TVs all to yourselves and not let any of the other 50 people in on it? Seemed like a pritty **** move to me. Yah a lot of people try to sneak another match or be dumb and declare "it's a set" which are both **** moves too imo. But that was the 1st time anyone has straight up told me "NO".

If Colbol had gone up to soft and asked if he could get next do you think he would of said the same thing to him? Hell no. You guys thought I was a noob and didn't wanna let a noob in on the TV, thats my estimation of the situation. If I'm wrong sorry, but either way it was a **** move by soft.

Nobody is entilted to have their own TV when theres 50 other people anxious to play and only like 6 TVs.

skrach8

Smash Lord
i personally got pretty annoyed when soft kept on interupting me while playing friendlies cuz he had tournament matches and ****.... so i told him straight up..... "when the person ur playing is here ill get off the tv, till then back the **** up"

he was just being a emo the whole tourny...

yeah so fvck that gay ****....

punk there really is no need to "explain" where he is coming from..... im sure if..... idk SHIZ, or COLBOL came through and said hey i got next soft would be like "ohhhh yeahhhhh surrrreee come on in... let me suck ur **** like every other fan boy".....

its called respect kid.
like sheer said..... everyone at the venue has tournament matches, soft is no one special..

get at me

puff players nowadays!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Don't worry man I'm not jumpin down ur throat. Your friend did some lame **** that pissed me off. You didn't say anything the whole time so I dunno what you were thinking, therefore I can't judge you.

Also like I said earlier in the thread you seemed like a nice kid from the matches I played with you.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yea and he counterpicked me in gay *** mute city, im glad he didnt stall me tho cuz ive heard bad stories about that too

but yea that sux, ryan u shoulda been like what??? im getting next no matter what cuz i call it!! str8 up!

Top Bottom