• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10 Levels

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
10 Levels

I have divided the game into 10 levels.

Level 1: These are people who are completely new to smash.

Level 2: People who know the basic moves.

Level 3: Same as level 2 except that they could apply basic moves with ease. These people may be able to do any move they like but they don’t know the terms for them. They are usually the ones who leaves comments of youtube vids such as “samus vs samus” or “falco vs fox.” In my opinion, they are the most annoying people from all ten levels. They think they know everything about the game.

Level 4: People who know the advanced techniques aka “people who have seen the light.”

Level 5: Same as level 4 except that they could apply the advanced techniques with relative ease.

Level 6: Amateur. Those who begin to develop their comboing skills. They are usually the majority of people who leave comments on vids of professionals. Like level 3, many of these people think they are the best and could criticize professional gameplay.

Level 7: People who begin to understand the term ‘mindgame’ and develop it.

Level 8: Semi-professional. Most likely will to lose to a pro. However, has upset pros/or has the potential to beat pros.

Level 9: Professional . What makes a pro is years of experience and tournaments. Also, they know the meta-game extremely well and as well as all high tier match-ups and tactics.

Level 10: Perfect Control. This level is impossible to reach because of the human mind and reflexes but is still considered a level nonetheless.

This is my opinion and would like to hear everyone else’s opinions so I can make something final out of this. I have a LOT to add/edit/change but I don’t know where to begin and would like advice. Most of all I need help with levels 8 and 9 since I'm not a professional. This isn't a perfect list because creating a perfect list is similar to trying to be a Level 10. Also this list may not apply to everyone because some people may improve their mindgames before their combo skills. It's just a good way to see how far you have improved in smash and how much more way there is to go, similar to a map (bad example).

Things I do NOT want to hear: “This is all wrong! You suck and should quit smash altogether.” Lol :)

Things I would like to hear: “I think that …… can be added to level 6”

Vts

Smash Champion
hmmm i do believe i'm between 7-7 1/2, these seem to be broken down but you need to change 8 a slight bit to make it fit in more people.

Level 8: Semi Pro /Professional.

Or u can make it the 11 lvls of smash and make Semi Pro 8. while i do like this idea i can see some people who don't like it cus i know a bunch of lvl 3/4 and now they dont play the game.

-peace vts

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I like it, though the last three levels could use a little more detail and I don't think top professional is the right thing to say...meh I believe I'm at the very basic 6.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
like every list from someone at "level 2", they split the lower levels to make them seem hugely different, and the places where there are the most drastic changes they bunch together.

simplicityho

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably 6.
I don't think 'Professional' and 'Top Professional' should be separate. I think there should be Semi-Pro/Amateur below Professional and no Top Professional.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Eh. Not sure where I am. Probally 7 or something. But not above. I'm no pro. But I can't consider myself as a "bad" player.
Maybe a strong 6.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
a mid 5 (5.5 is suppose).........i can use advanced techniques (and i dont mean wavedashing)

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I think i'm a 7-8. I can combo crap out of a lvl 9 CPU and i can "get inside your head" if I feel like it.
LOL shut up.

Being able to beat a lvl 9 CPU means NOTHING when it comes to competitive Smash.

"Get inside your head" if you feel like it? Ever tried? Against people who aren't ridiculously incompetent at this game?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i definitely agree with the general consensus, there needs to be something in between "mindgames" and "professional gamer." A good list, just needs some tweaking. As for me, I hover in the mid to high 7 range.

This thread is just begging to be a haven of flame, though, too many people saying, "i'm amazing!" and then other people just saying, "no you're not, stfu nub"

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
Im a 6-7. I have near no chance of being professional, but i'm the best in my town. I do realize that means nothing

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
I...don't know if I FIT into these levels...I am half 4, half 6, but not 5.
I know how to combo, well, but can't pull off advanced techniques when I need to...well, it depends what kind of advanced techniques you're referring to.

Good idea with human levels, though. I guess I'm a Alter-5, since I'm between 4 and 6, but parallel to 5.

I get my can kicked by lvl 6 people though, and I don't think I mindgame very well...does messing with your own mind count?

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I am in between 4-5, I have seen the light for quite a time, but I never perfected it. I mess up every now and then.

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
I'm a 6...I can perform almost all the advanced techs other than some of the crazy fox/falco stuff(I CAN waveshine and stuff, just not at a point where I could use it well in battle) pretty fluently.

But, I acknowledge that I suck and I never leave stupid youtube comments so yeah. :p

floofy

Smash Cadet
Here is mine:

Level 1: Someone new to smash or even video games, doesnt even know how to recover, press buttons slowly, etc. level 3 comps are more of a challenge

Level 2: Someone new but that isnt idiotic. Still dont understand how to recorver but press buttons quickly. obviously doesnt know every moves

Level 3: Knows the very basics of the games, like recorvering, smash, etc, but sucks a lot

Level 4: Knows most of the basic of their characters and apply them well. plays fast. but doesnt know any advanced techs.

Level 5: Same as level 4 but knows some advanced techs, but apply them wrong

Level 6: Same as level 5 but applies some tech right

Level 7: Applies the adv tech right and knows some combo

Level 8: Master the techs and the combos

Level 9: Pro: same as level 9 but mindgamessss

Level 10: Well the top players

Coselm

Smash Ace
I guess I am a level 7.

I found out about all the advanced techniques like a year ago. Then started applying them.

And blah blah blah a year later I play with a bunch of kids who all use advanced techniques and now mind games are a big part of 1v1s.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Err.... I dunno. I can pull off certain mindgames, putting me at 7. But then at the same time, I can only L-Cancel, SH-L-Cancel (Rarely), and can't WaveDash or any of that. I know a ton of stuff about Smash. So... Gimme a minute.

16, my different levels, divided by three is five and one-third. So yeah.

(This is by Suntan Luigi's list.)

Patinator: Level 5 1/3 Smasher.

...Not that catchy, huh?

lol

replicate

Smash Lord
I'd say you need to distinguish between people who think they're great at level 6 and people who realize they have a long way to go and start heading to tournaments. Also, not everybody leaves gay youtube comments here. ;)

lain

Smash Master
I have the distinct feeling 90% of the people in this topic do not know what mindgames are.

*shrugs*

Geist

Smash Master
I have the distinct feeling 90% of the people in this topic do not know what mindgames are.

*shrugs*
^^^^my thoughts exactly.

I'm a 7.5ish I guess 0.o. I know how to play with intelligence, or "mindgame" as the sterieotype would have us believe...

I like the breakdown of metagames that you made, but it's not that completely black and white like that. There are transitions. You dont go from "learning mindgames" to "pro" in just one step. I also know someone who only has their mindgames, and has no technique whatsoever. He plays smart, but as soon as you can predict him it's pretty much a four-stock.

lol aAndy just feels special because he got 17th in his last tournament

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Today I'm going to be a bit busy but I think i will change levels 7,8 and 9 to amateur, semi-pro and pro respectively. I still need details though. Like I said before, this list needs to be changed and will be changed after further discussions. If no one likes the idea of this thread, then a moderator may lock it.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
im personally a level 3 haha kevinm only 1 wat a nub

i have no intintion of bein a level 4 wavecheater (i call it wavecheating cos thats wat it is)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wavecheating is ********

and you're not a level 3 you're like a level 1 iditoai

I'm a level 1 cause i don't wavecheat either i play the game it's supposed to be played.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'm a low level 4 (4.1) and simultaneously a level 7. I don't know that mindgames should be quite as separate as you've made it.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
10 Levels

I have divided the game into 10 levels.

Level 1: These are people who are completely new to smash.

Level 2: People who know the basic moves.

Level 3: Same as level 2 except that they could apply basic moves with ease. These people may be able to do any move they like but they don’t know the terms for them. They are usually the ones who leaves comments of youtube vids such as “samus vs samus” or “falco vs fox.” In my opinion, they are the most annoying people from all ten levels. They think they know everything about the game.

Level 4: People who know the advanced techniques aka “people who have seen the light.”

Level 5: Same as level 4 except that they could apply the advanced techniques with relative ease.

Level 6: Amateur. Those who begin to develop their comboing skills. They are usually the majority of people who leave comments on vids of professionals. Like level 3, many of these people think they are the best and could criticize professional gameplay.

Level 7: People who begin to understand the term ‘mindgame’ and develop it.

Level 8: Semi-professional.

Level 9: Professional

Level 10: Perfect Control. This level is impossible to reach because of the human mind and reflexes but is still considered a level nonetheless.

This is my opinion and would like to hear everyone else’s opinions so I can make something final out of this. I have a LOT to add/edit/change but I don’t know where to begin and would like advice. Most of all I need help with levels 8 and 9 since I'm not a professional.

Things I do NOT want to hear: “This is all wrong! You suck and should quit smash altogether.” Lol :)

Things I would like to hear: “I think that …… can be added to level 6”
level 7 is way too big

I think i'm a 7-8. I can combo crap out of a lvl 9 CPU and i can "get inside your head" if I feel like it.
:laugh:

I thought that.
there should be a level for this kind of complete ignorance and stupidity

Top Bottom