• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10 Very Important QuestionsYou Should Ask Yourself

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people have been complaining lately about metaknight. (No really?!?!!) But a lot of them flat out don't know what they are saying. Mostly because wether MK gets banned or not, will hardly have an influence on them. For others it could have a HUGE influence. These questions will help you find out how much of an influence it would have if MK was banned and help form the opinion that is technically right for YOU and only YOU.

Answer as honestly as you can. You don't have to post the results if you don't want to. And please, don't worry about me........just answer the questions.

1. Do you think MK should be banned RIGHT NOW yes or no?

2. How many tournaments do YOU annually attend?

3.How has Metaknight not being banned affected YOU at the tournaments you went to?

4.If Metaknight was banned, how would this have affected YOU at YOUR past tournaments?

5.How does Metaknight not being banned, affect YOU as a person that plays SSBB in general?

6.If Metaknight was banned, how would this affect you as a person that plays SSBB in general?

7.How does the community as a whole, with Metaknight not being banned, affect YOU?

8.How WOULD the community as a whole, with Metaknight banned, affect YOU?

9.Do your answers to the previous 7 questions back up your answer to the first question?

10.Did you answer these questions honestly?

So yea just answer the questions, be rational, be honest. And don't get distracted by other peoples answers, focus on your own.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
No, maybe a temp ban.
None, but I watch footage.
3.How has Metaknight not being banned affected YOU at the tournaments you went to?
It hasn't.
4.If Metaknight was banned, how would this have affected YOU at YOUR past tournaments?
It wouldn't.
5.How does Metaknight not being banned, affect YOU as a person that plays SSBB in general?
It's just one more matchup.
6.If Metaknight was banned, how would this affect you as a person that plays SSBB in general?
More opponents of different characters.
7.How does the community as a whole, with Metaknight not being banned, affect YOU?
It doesn't
It wouldn't
9.Do your answers to the previous 7 questions back up your answer to the first question?
Yes

Yes
Super cool.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
A lot of people have been complaining lately about metaknight. (No really?!?!!) But a lot of them flat out don't know what they are saying. Mostly because wether MK gets banned or not, will hardly have an influence on them. For others it could have a HUGE influence. These questions will help you find out how much of an influence it would have if MK was banned and help form the opinion that is technically right for YOU and only YOU.

Answer as honestly as you can. You don't have to post the results if you don't want to. And please, don't worry about me........just answer the questions.

no

bout 2-6, depending on what i feel like

good. cause i main him

sucks. cause i main him

its great, cause i main him

it would suck, cause i main him

i thank the intelligent members who actually realize that he shouldnt be banned

quit smash.

yes

yes

So yea just answer the questions, be rational, be honest. And don't get distracted by other peoples answers, focus on your own.
replied........

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

1. Yes.
2. 4-6
3. Made the game to dull for me to enter in certain tourneys.
4. I'd generally enter more tourneys and place a bit higher.
5. Turns me off to even Brawl friendlies and destroys my interest in finals for tourneys.
6. I'd probably watch more Brawl tourneys, and like it a bit more.
7. Too much QQ for me to stand.
8. Less QQ Community, more Smash community being awesome.
9. Yes. :D
10. Definatly.

Just because I play B+ doesnt mean I dont play Brawl. :3

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace

RIGHT NOW? No.

None yet, although I want to.

^

^^

Uh, at my level...no one can use him, so it really doesn't.

The time I've put in trying to learn to play him would more or less go to waste, but it might end up winning me matches indirectly.

Lots of topics and arguing about whether or not he should be banned.

Fewer topics and arguing about whether or not he should be banned...

Pretty much.

Dude totally.

replies within quote

B!squick

Smash Master
-Lol, what's the need for the other 9 with this one? Uhhhh... I don't know. Yes, I guess.
-The same amount as the number of Super Bowl wins Dan Marino has.
-
-
-He annoys me greatly and I want to PAWNCH the person playing him.
-I would have to listen to people whine about it.
-Uhhh... somewhat?
-See answer for Q6.
-I don't know, do they?
-Yosh.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
- Yes

- Small tournaments near my area like 5 or 8.

- He annoys the **** out of me... each time more and more people use him and they keep winning

-

-

- I'd enjoy the game more than I do right now.

- If I got to a tournament a MK will probably take me out if he knows how to abuse the right moves

- Smash would be more fun and balanced lol and no more tornado

- Yes

- mindgamez maybe?

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
1. Yes
2. Every month
3. It's much harder to place well in the tourneys and i have to put up with the tornado.
4. -
5.-
6. The game would be more balanced.
7. everyone but the MK users would be happy
8. same answer as question 3
9. yes
10. yes

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
No.

Few.

A fair bit, because MKs have removed G&Ws and Olimars for me, thus making things a bit easier for me.

Probably would've done worse against the myriad of G&Ws I would've had to had faced.

Without comparing it to anything, MK not being banned does not affect me.

It would change a fair bit in general. I don't play him, but this is less MK practice I get because nobody wants to play a banned character.

People don't want to use him, which hurts me because I'd rather face MK than some other characters.

It would worsen things for me. My harder fights would not be removed by MK, and I'd probably do a lot worse in tournaments.

I think so.

Yes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
no.
I've been to 8-10 or so brawl tourneys since its beginning. (roughly 14 months ago)
Well, he's been the character I've been knocked out by at roughly 80% of tournaments I don't win.
I'd probably have won at least 1-3 more tourneys, but there's no way to be sure. I'd also not have put so much time into studying the MK matchup, and would have focused my efforts elsewhere.
5-8.
It doesn't/hasn't/isn't affecting me. My tournament performance is affected by MK because my character has a bad matchup, but nothing else.
These questions and my answers are irrevant to whether or not MK should or shouldn't be banned, so no.
yeah.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

Yes, at least temp, but preferably permenantly.

Multi dozens. Every Biweekly at the least.

I personally have lost to him, and resorted to playing him on a few occasions.

I hvae also played in MK banned tourneys. (my state banned him for a little) I did about the same as I did before.

It affects my Mains viability a small amount. He is their worst Matchup. I also somethine play him when I get frusturated to play against him.

It would ease my matchups, and would prevent me from Cping MK with MK.

It has some impact. A couple of my friends don't play brawl as much (or all) because of him. I lose some social interaction.

It would bring back some of my friends into the game.

In some ways. Not in all ways.

Yes, to the best of my ability.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
whats the point of this. take these answers to the mk banning threads??? u could just internally ask urself these questions and keep the discussion there >_> if ur responding withouht thinking to any thread u shoudlnt of posted in the first place. lmfao do people really need to find out how they truely feel and are affected by mk??

Smash Journeyman
Right there.

Kage Me

Smash Ace

1. No.

2. A few regionals, no nationals (I'm Dutch, so national would be the equivalent of a US state). I'd like to go to more tournaments, there just are so few...

3. In one tourney, I had to take five Meta Knights before being eliminated. The other ones didn't use Meta Knight quite as frequently.

4. It wouldn't have. I was eliminated by a Dedede.

5. Not so much - Meta Knight isn't that popular among my Smash buddies. We all hate him =p

6. Again, I'd place better at tournaments, but it wouldn't affect friendlies.

7. I sometimes get hate for using Pokémon Trainer, a low-tier character... I suppose if MK were banned, people would be more friendly towards the low tiers?

8. As above. They'd probably just berate me for not using S or A tier, though... =p

9. I think they neither support, nor devalidate my answer to the first question. If anything, my answer to number 4 would somewhat support my answer: the majority of Meta Knights are plain tier whores, who will never ever pose a threat to anyone. The true Meta mains are problematic, but if I'm sufficiently skilled, I can use one of my "slight disadvantage" characters (Lucario or Zelda in my case) and beat them anyway. If I can't, clearly they're the better player. Finally, if they beat me by a small margin, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that had they mained another character, I probably would've won.

10. Of course.

edwen

Smash Rookie
No
I haven't been to any but I want to someday.
-
-
It hasn't
It will make the game a bit more boring to me.
It doesn't
Not sure
I guess

Yes

Dantarion

Smash Champion
-Yes
- Been to 8-9 in the past few months, probably go to 20 this year total or something
- I play against 80% Metaknights at every tourney
- I would play against a wide variety of characters.
- I fight only metaknights, which gets boring.
- I would have more fun playing the game and feel better about throwing money and time into supporting the
- competitive comunnity
- People are quitting. People are complaining. People are going back to Melee or switching to MK.
- A lot of people would have more fun playing in tournaments, and watching matches would be more fun if people weren't all one character.
YES
NO I LIED AND IM GONNA ADMIT IT IN THIS LAST QUESTION OF COURSE I ANSWERED THEM HONESTLY.

No.

At least one per week. Sometimes two. I've been to about.... 60 in the past year. Possibly more.

Also, I have played WoW, SF4, and a few others this year.

Well. I main him.

I would have probably been a Marth main. MArth has what... One bad matchup? I'd still be ******

I love my little guy. He makes everyone mad.

It would annoy me, cause I'd have to pick up a new main. Not that it would matter. I'd still beat 99% of the people I know.

It annoys the **** out of me. Everyone in our community is a whiny baby who just wants to be Ash Ketchum. Get a life.

Great! If it does, I can pick up people I don't like's mains and beat them with them. Then, instead of johning, they'll just quit.

Yes.

Hell yes.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
1. No, that would work it's way down the tier list eventually because there are so many people who flock to the highest tier (snake would be even more over-played than he is now)
2. I just started going to tourneys a while ago, so i dont know
3. not at all. I messed up myself, nothing to do with the MK i played.
4. I would have played many more snakes (I hate the tilts and jab combos, they're deadly)
5. don't really care
6. don't really care
7. don't really care
8. I would be less annoyed by the high pitched sounds that MK makes, AND it wouldn't constantly make that sound at tournaments.
9. all but 8, but i really can't stand the sounds he makes, that's it.
10. Yes

M@v

Subarashii!

Not sure, I think temp ban is the best option right now.

anywhere from 10-15

Usually knocks me out of the tourney.

Well for starters i would of won one tourney I came in second at. Also I probably would of did better at CoT4.

I dislike MK, but I deal with him and learn the matchup. Thankfully our crew got a good mk I can practice against.

Wouldn't be worried about mk at all, and would like the inevitable jump in snake players, since all my characters do good vs him ^_^.

Too many arguments.

Still would be too many arguments.

Yeah and no, since Im still indecisive on the issue.

yup.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice

Official SBR certified tournaments you mean?

None.

Because of the answer to this question, I feel no reason to bother considering or thinking about any other questions.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I don't think MK should be banned right now, but I don't have too much experience with him.

I try to go to 15-20-ish. There's at least one every few weeks.

The weird think is, Meta's not being banned hasn't done anything where I am. The only decent MK player at any local tournament was me. That was, like, eight months ago, and the only people who play MK are little kids. Unspoken softban, perhaps?

As stated in question 3, there wouldn't be any change. There just aren't enough MKs where I am.

5.How does Metaknight not being banned, affect YOU as a person that plays SSBB in general? Again, there aren't really any Meta players locally, but I try to be fairly ready, just incase one decides to come out of the woodwork.

This might be a lame answer, but I could practice on more commonly used characters, but even then, when arguably the best Smasher (Brawl, at least) in the city plays Link, there's not a whole lot of character-specific shenanigans to perfect.

This is kind of elaborated in question 8, but the fad has, like, died, so, I guess it doesn't, really.

I think SWF might be overall more pleasant to visit, but the whole "zomg! Banz0r MK. HES TOOOO GOOD!" phase has kind of died. It could bring up a whole "NOOO! UNBANZ0R MK" fad, though, so, who knows?

9.Do your answers to the previous 7 questions back up your answer to the first question? Yes, to an extent

10.Did you answer these questions honestly? Yes

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
This feels like Psych 101...lots of the questions feel familiar.

No, I don't take Psych. I just have taken a lot of surveys and quizzes.

Really for us people that don't attend tournaments, we shouldn't bother with these questions. Get to the tourneys first. One step at a time, nay?

Top Bottom