• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Harvest Moon? Soo random, but awesome. Well, I just played the N64 one, and I loved it. I married Karen :3
Hell yeah Harvest Moon! My Fav game with Street Fighter lol. I married Karen too, **** that ***** cheating on me with Snakeee? ****! HM64 is the best one I played though. I like most of the characters

Karen, Ann, Nami. Now to see who is new in the new games *hides*.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the gamecube harvest moon was the best one, insanely addicting too.

now u got so many spinoffs. harvest in the future, monopoly harvest moon, harvest pingpong , bouble trouble moon

lulululul

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Gamecube Moon is amazing and also the gba one. Rune Factory series is cool too but I like the no fighting monsters better. They need to come up with better names for these things so I don't look dumb asking for it.

*excuse me, could I have Harvest moon friends from Minereal town? Or Harvest Moon Boy girl, Tree of tranquility? Ok ok, Animal parade....*

Guess I should get them someplace else *shifty*.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
YouTube is down at the moment, is it Sanford?
Of course! I love how the SF4 metagame has progressed.

I'd be enjoying SF4 and Tekken 6 right now, if it wasn't for my string of legal/financial bad luck the last few weeks :(
I'm really in the mood for traditional fighting games at the moment.

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Brandon and I are GDLK in Modern Warfare 2, get at us.

His riot shield plus my shooting equals gameover.

MW2 is going mlg next season PUMPED!!!

Allied

Smash Master
Yo that is a godly cammy

Ether did mad good this weekend at that friday tournament :D

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
This guy's Cammy is EXTREMELY godly

This guy loses with Sagat, best character in the game, switches to Cammy, who is considered very bad, and he completely ***** the best Ryu in the country.
Cammy isnt bad lol, she's the best console character and doesnt have to many bad match ups.

She loses to Sagat, Rufus, Akuma( me thinks) and El Fuerte for some reason, everything else she is even or wins.

Plus that's Sanford and he's GDLK

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
This guy's Cammy is EXTREMELY godly

This guy loses with Sagat, best character in the game, switches to Cammy, who is considered very bad, and he completely ***** the best Ryu in the country.
OMG Sanford <3
Lol I'm mad surprised he lost with Sagat though, but **** that Cammy is godlike.

Where exactly is Cammy on the SFIV tier list?
I'm sure she's much better than Sakura... siiiigh

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

Veril

Frame Savant
Training for BtL2 = Friday/thursday smashfest? Allied, hit me up at 10ish. Class from 6:30 till 9:30 ;_;

I should be free one of those days and I should be able to get Khan to bring an additional setup to my house. If Allied brought his wii I'd have 3 setups for B+ :D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Cammy is the 6th worst character in the game on the most recent tier list. One spot above Sakura.

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/
I told you this before, that list is made up of some random japanese players who ONLY play arcade and played the console version like once.

For instance there is no way Dan is the worst, first cause Vega is clearly garbage, and Dan has good rush down and some good combos. Rose is easily bottom 5. Gen, Fei and Sakura are all beast as hell. Yeb, Jwong, and Saber have proven this.

The game is so balanced though, except for Sagat being god and Vega being just awful, so regardless of the tier list you can win with any character

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I told you this before, that list is made up of some random japanese players who ONLY play arcade and played the console version like once.

For instance there is no way Dan is the worst, first cause Vega is clearly garbage, and Dan has good rush down and some good combos. Rose is easily bottom 5. Gen, Fei and Sakura are all beast as hell. Yeb, Jwong, and Saber have proven this.

The game is so balanced though, except for Sagat being god and Vega being just awful, so regardless of the tier list you can win with any character
Didn't say the list was 100% accurate, however, show me a credible source that proves that Gen, Sakura, and Fei Long are factually better than characters currently above them. Tournament results/vids only prove so much, because not everyone has adequate matchup experience, skill, mindgames, etc.

Samboner took a set off of Ulimaterazer with Fox this weekend, taking 3rd overall at HOBO 20. Does that mean Fox is beast as hell?

The best player in the country (Justin Wong), playing a super unknown character like Fei Long is obviously going to ****.

The best way to construct a tier list is based off of objective facts. Risk/reward of the characters moveset, matchups, health(weight and recovery for Smash), etc. It's pretty simple.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Cammy is bad enough, Capcom forum/Shoryuken says it, common knowledge. Cammy is predictable and her attacks can get eaten by many different moves. Cammy combos are no where as good as other characters. Turbo Ether has swine flu, small pox and syphilis from playing Cammy, also aids, let us not forget that. Anyway, Listen to Ether, he likes all kinds of vegetables, so that means he is unbias.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
^

I swear a Swine Flu epidemic is about to take the smash community by storm. I bet mad people are gonna end up sick because of Kosha Boy on the 14th.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
I know, people will even catch swine flu from ladder matches. Smash community has Swine Flu, Tekken has herpies and the Street Fighter crowd has abnormally shaped spinal cords. Hopefully, Smashers will get the vaccine because we all know how nasty smashers are, they will still eat pizza with a swine flu victim, if it means free entry.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Don't buy the cheaper madcatz stick. You pay $70 for the box and then have to replace all the parts yourself after a week. Everyone I've talked to has said it's better to just buy the tournament edition from the start.

If you find a good deal tell me. I've been meaning to get a stick myself.

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Didn't say the list was 100% accurate, however, show me a credible source that proves that Gen, Sakura, and Fei Long are factually better than characters currently above them. Tournament results/vids only prove so much, because not everyone has adequate matchup experience, skill, mindgames, etc.

Samboner took a set off of Ulimaterazer with Fox this weekend, taking 3rd overall at HOBO 20. Does that mean Fox is beast as hell?

The best player in the country (Justin Wong), playing a super unknown character like Fei Long is obviously going to ****.

The best way to construct a tier list is based off of objective facts. Risk/reward of the characters moveset, matchups, health(weight and recovery for Smash), etc. It's pretty simple.
http://frame-advantage.com/beta/

Videos of top players on the east coast and others to, Fei you can see Justin playing, not sure if him vs Daigo is up, but they go to last set last match i believe and Justin was in winners. Both are on top of the list of pros so it kinda shows how beast Fei can be, Ryu has not one bad match up and some Japan players think that Ryu actually beats Sagat(im almost 100% sure that Daigo and Mago say this). Sakura has crazy mix ups, but after you can read her she real as not much going so you can say she's bad. Gen, Yeb got 4th at a regional beating alot of WC top players, only losing to Edma who got 3rd and Valle who got 2nd, he has combos that take like 40+ life with one FADC and builds metter way to quick. Sure other characters can do this to but his cross up's are good, along with his pokes(standing forward beats Sagat's standing roundhouse wtf? lol) which links into his combos.

All of the EC top players say that like Sagat, Ryu, Rufus, Akuma and Boxer, are the reason's console characters wont do good, they all are easy to play( the combos into ultras) plus the console characters you need to do work with. Diddy is 3rd best and has so much potential to be the best, but you need to work with him unlike Snake and Meta.

About Samboner, yes it does mean Fox is crazy, Japan has him as 8th best( they also have Pit as 4th so that doesnt say much lol) he took the time to learn a character no one else plays and showed what that character can do, diem you and me have always said Diddy is top 3 has soon as we got the game, it took forever for peolpe to relize this. I remeber Atomsk saying Fox is good and is high tier( i think at least).

At the last tourny Justin went to he was gonna go all Rose, but if he didnt switch to Rufus or Fei, he would have gone to the Morton's bracket, also why would Justin learn a bad character, that's not like him he wants to win money and be the best lol

I look into stuff like this, almost all the top fighter's, Halo, CoD, Gear's sadly, WoW, and use to pay attention to other PC games, but they're all old now and dumb lol

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Right, i've already seen those videos, but like I said, videos and results aren't everything. They don't account for matchup experience and the skill gap between the participants. Best way to tell how good a character is by simply looking at their moveset, but I agree that the chatter amongst the top players is important.

Also, Fox is not crazy. He's pretty mediocre. All he can do is run away, shoot lasers, bait a response and punish. All of his limited approach options are extremely unsafe and get stuffed by other moves. His ground moves are mediocre at best. Low priority, range, damage, unsafe, etc. He relies on the opponent messing up, so he can run in and punish, the main thing he's good at. All of his kill moves are unsafe as hell on block. He lacks the ability to effectively pressure and control the enemy. He's not impossible to win with, obviously, though. He's got good ground speed, high KO power and can combo a bit, so he mess people up when he gets a good read.

Allied

Smash Master
Training for BtL2 = Friday/thursday smashfest? Allied, hit me up at 10ish. Class from 6:30 till 9:30 ;_;

I should be free one of those days and I should be able to get Khan to bring an additional setup to my house. If Allied brought his wii I'd have 3 setups for B+ :D
I'll try to come just make sure u hit me up via txt

Wait for Super street fighter 4

Expect 70-100-150 price range.
CHEN GIVE ME LINK TO DAT <333

and yeah thats fine i have money for that i wanna get really good >.> dedication mah *** dedication

Don't buy the cheaper madcatz stick. You pay $70 for the box and then have to replace all the parts yourself after a week. Everyone I've talked to has said it's better to just buy the tournament edition from the start.

If you find a good deal tell me. I've been meaning to get a stick myself.
We should play sometime >.>

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Should try to get some practice in this week, imo. Brawl friendlies way too boring though :(
A friend asked me to come over for some Brawl friendlies last night.

I ended up grinding my way to Keepers of Time Exalted (A BC faction, fyi).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Did you forget that I'm an achievement kid?

4/5 Outland dungeon factions all done now. It also put me at 29/40 Exalted factions.
You must really bored. I'm probably gonna sell my account.

Definitely dropping Brawl for this game.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm actually really enjoying it. The grinding is just spending time while I talk to people on Vent; raiding is a ton of fun right now. I'm also looking forward to Icecrown. It looks to have the potential to be one of their best raids yet. I just wish loot would drop for me; three weeks and I haven't even LOST a piece because nothing drops.

Allied

Smash Master
I'm REALLY pumped for this i plan on going really competitive in this i mean come on they have t ****ing hawk!

I may too actually WoW is so fu*cking boring

Definitely dropping Brawl for this game.

I am going to be playing competitively

CoDMW2
Gears of War 2(May quit soon if my clan mates go inactive like they are doing now)
When i get my new computer
Combat Arms (free download shooting game i suggestion people buy it , it has great clan wars system :D)
Counter-Strike: Source (Comeback Tour)
Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 (i wanna get a stick)

SOOO PUMPED

Top Bottom