• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Kyle, did you make a mention about the NEW entry fee cost for crews or are you still beating around the bush about that? Anyways, for anyone who doesn't know, look at the 1st page concerning the price of the new crew tournament entry fee.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
This tournament is getting expensive...if crews price increase inspires an "ultra crew" I'm going to be POed. And probably just keep my money.

EDIT like 3 hours after: I really do think we should keep crews cheap. That way it becomes more of a "city pride" issue and not a money thing. I say let crew money matches decide who get lots of money.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ummm scratch the austin crew. JF isn't coming and ARC doesn't want to play on our crew so like half our crew is gone.

I still would love to play in crews so if any other crews need another player I'm free :). And I still main Fox/Samus.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ATTENTION
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES
LOUISIANA IS COMING TO THIS.
Car 1: Cyphus, Lee, Flarefox, Varuna, Ben(maybe)
Car 2: Juju, Ricky, Chad, Pierre, Ray(maybe)
Car 3: Taylor, Eet, Vaughn, Kyle, ?

IM me "TheCyphus" if anyone needs to work out some info.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I will be attending this, I can bring a setup, not sure about the tv though, but I'll ask and report back later.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
After reviewing the large number of prospective attendees, and given the close proximity of the date, Galt would like to officially announce that he is entering the candidacy for tournament president. His platform at this point largely remains a secret, but some basic points include winning and taking money and generally attempting to have fun.

I suppose I'd better get around to polishing a bit, myself. I won't play teams (shudder) or crews or probably randoms, but I'll play low-tiers if they happen. Here's how low-tiers will look if they happen: 1) Xelic 2) Sethlon 3) Galt ... 82) Forkgirl. (There will be 82 participants.)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Louisiana deciding to come out of the blue if pretty freakin amazing.

Haha, sorry galt, but I do believe i'd take low-tier. Xelic has an amazing bowser, but i've beaten Gimpyfish, the King of all that is Cute and Boozer.

So, since its MLG rules, we get a random reset, right? I know, i know, "you're still bawwwing over this!?!?", but its kinda important.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Xelic won't play Bowser in low-tiers, not for more serious matches. For that he has Link, which is entirely different from Bowser.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
ugh crews are going to take days. are you guys setting up singles to start at the beginning or after crews are over? didnt see it on the first page.

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
ugh crews are going to take days. are you guys setting up singles to start at the beginning or after crews are over? didnt see it on the first page.
he said Day1: Crews then singles that stop at final 8 and continue on the next day. it is on the first page noob.

BTW squito i read that staff member thing. big lawl

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think you guys are forgetting that at one point (2 years ago) I was the best Zelda ever.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The reason I changed the crew thing is that there wouldn't even be 50 in the prize pool. Remember that I have to cover the venue fee, and 1.25 per person won't cut for the 3-4 hours crews will take.

JF isn't coming? what the hell? How can I can have the last big tournament without his man boobies? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And now Louisiana is coming? Now it's really anyone's game. I wonder what the top will have.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This tourny is gonna own. Two different states are coming :).

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Hey Xelic, remember when I almost 3 stocked you in a tournament Peach ditto but then I knew you'd cry like the little girl you are and let you win? :)

<3

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't care what anyone says..mikey lenetia is the best zelda in the world...but yea..anyway, lol.
um...yea, this will be an interesting tournament...LA and TX will both get to see some fresh, new oponents. hehe.
Sethlon is winning low tier. Best Roy in the world.
our best low tiers are Ray's YoungLink(if he comes), Lee's luigi, and my DK.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
maybe i was suppose to read in between the lines..but this being a 2-day tournament, are people crashing the night at the venue between sat and sunday?
is there a place we could crash friday night, instead of us leaving @ 4am saturday? lol. getting a hotel is our last resort, but if its not possible to house all (10) of us, a few of us, still, would deffinately appreciate the convenience.
It appears NewOrleans smashers (chad, ricky, ray, john, pierre) have dropped out of attending this due to work interferences.
Thus leaves 2 cars atm:
Varuna, Flarefox, Cyphus, Lee, Ben
Taylor, Tim, Kyle, Vaugn, ?

so yea...answers about housing fri/sat much appreciated. (i'm aware of the party at sos's sunday B])

EDIT: also....the rules...mlg-style-w/e....does that mean you can reset the random stage once, if u don't like it?
If not, can you ban neutrals, or only counterpicks?

UPDATE:
we should be crashing at SOS's friday night...and most likely a hotel Saturday night, unless otherwise offered, lol.

KuroYami

Smash Apprentice
RagnaRoK the Reaper: This is RagnaRoK the Reaper of Bean-Kabob-Mafia. Me, Rawr it's Luigi and Tac0 of Dallas, Texas need a place to stay the night before the tournament (Friday) and possibly for Saturday also.

BlueZaft, a smasher here in Dallas, Texas said that S.O.S. would house us. Next, he told me to check with S.O.S. about the situation because supposedly he had a problem by saying he would house too many people. I called him and he said he's already housing 14 people, from Lousiana I believe (Understandable) and from AUSTIN WTF? Austin is right around the ma'****ing corner, no way in hell you should have to house them. I promptly said that was bull****, and bid him a goodday.

So, I'm looking for housing for anyone that got enough space for three people. 2 skinny ones and one fat mutha ****a. So if you do. Don't send a private message to this, or my RagnaRoKntexas account.

SEND INFORMATION TO OMNIHAYATO@AOL.COM I repeat. omnihayato@aol.com

Seriously need some housing, as I need preparation and all before the tournament. And to make sure I don't get lost on the way to the tournament, as we'll have someone to follow.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A quick update on my part.

I may be able to show up on Saturday, but more likely than not I won't enter any tournament. I'll be there solely for friendlies and such.

I MAY enter Crews, but only if I'm really needed, which we all now, isn't the case. Singles are also a possibility, but more likely than not, no..

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
i WILL be housing cyphus and all of them friday night but saturday night i will bo housing austin as well as florida blue zaft is housing dallas from what i hear and jerry will bw housing magnolia / houston and smiles should be housing rio grand

as for you rok i cant help you i already have way to many peeps 2 house.

also this tourney is gonna raaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

my predictions

i get last in singles
i get 1st in teams
i get 2nd in crews
i win the random tournament :p

oh and cyphus ftw

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
normally i wouldnt double post but eh

just wanted to say wow i make a tournament with my name in it put a little bit of effort with help from mousquito and majin link and voila one final big smash tourney :) i mean 3 diffrent states will be attending this tourney. it makes me sad how the smash scene is dying out. but if it must die lets make sure it goes out with a bang.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

NO RANDOM RESETS.
They just don't seem fair. You screw over your opponent's luck with no harm to yourself. There isn't anyway to justify them.

I wanted to clear this up, since everyone kept asking.

Change in schedule for everyone:

SINGLES WILL BE FIRST ON SATURDAY. CREWS MAY BE FINISHED ON SUNDAY IF TIME RUNS OUT.

So now everyone who said they can only come one day shall be satisfied.

And SOS is right. I'm still annoyed that people actually thanked Smiles for holding the Betty tournament when all he did was show up with a lap top that I commandeered to run the tournament bracket.

So ya'll better thank mutha****ing King Mosquito for making a tournament to remember.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
No, I think we'd better scratch Galt's previous pledge for candidacy. I suppose I'm going to have to withdraw. I'd like to attend and all, but there are mountainous concerns involving housing + money (gas, food, tournament) + time + effort. I'm an English major, and we've had to read two 800-page books in a row by some trick of a maleficent fate, and the result is that's I'm grievously behind. I can't afford to put it off for a weekend.

And when the two characters you most enjoy playing are G&W and Luigi, and you're terribly bored by your best character (Sheik), why, you've got a bit of a predicament. Granted, I'd like the opportunity to fight Colombian Falcon with my G&W, but we've got Rayzorium here, even though he doesn't play the game anymore and he's only attended the Friday sessions twice or so this whole semester.

So yeah. Probably won't make this one after all.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Columbian falcon isn't able to come anyways, galt =/

Also, I don't see how random reset isn't fair. It makes it so you can cut out stages that are less fair for you, and makes it so your opponent can do the same. Peach doesn't want to play on yoshis, and marth/fox doesn't want to play her on dreamland. It makes the neutral stages more, y'know, neutral.

Can't wait for this =}

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Change in schedule for everyone:

SINGLES WILL BE FIRST ON SATURDAY. CREWS MAY BE FINISHED ON SUNDAY IF TIME RUNS OUT.

NO RANDOM RESETS.
To Sethlon:

example: (something you can side with) first round Sethlon vs DOH. Random Yoshi's Story. DOH says LOL no and uses the gay *** random reset..... and gets Dreamland. Regardless, your advantage is gone or you're at a disadvantage all together. And there is nothing you can do about it. At all.

So now everyone who said they can only come one day shall be satisfied.

And SOS is right. I'm still annoyed that people actually thanked Smiles for holding the Betty tournament when all he did was show up with a lap top that I commandeered to run the tournament bracket.

So ya'll better thank mutha****ing King Mosquito for making a tournament to remember.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I think you're a little confused on how random resets work. Its just a fancy name for banning a stage from the random select. Obviously I'm going to random reset dreamland so said peach on dreamland doesn't happen, and DoH random resets yoshi's so that he doesn't have to deal with that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Soo puffball isn't going to team with me? :(.

So who want's to team? I will probably just team with Zev then >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom