• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11.20.10 Legends II SSB Brawl 1v1 Augusta, GA

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet

Curlz

Smash Lord
By "garunteed prize" do you mean that it is the minimum that we could win, or is that what we would win if we make that placing, regardless of the number of entrants?

Do the entry fees go towards the pot?

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
We were asked bu the Augusta players to put up a Guaranteed Prize and we would pack the house. We have a local sponsor that put up the money. Entry fee goes to him until he breaks even and then the rest goes to the TC. If you guys think a based on entry fee prize is better, let me know.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well, the entry is $20/person. You'll only need 25 people to enter in order to even out the $500 bonus. If you get this hyped up enough, you could get up to at around (throwing out a random number) 36 people to enter for $20 each, making the pot at $720. The top placings would lose money if that were the case, which isn't good to people who traveled and played hard to make what they deserve. They could have easily hosted a tournament elsewhere for $20 a person to make more than what you'd be paying out.

Also, let's say you don't hype this up enough to where you only get 12 people to show up. That would only be $240 to where the sponsor would lose money, which is not good for future tournaments you wish to uphold with that sponsor.

I think that you should attempt to talk to the sponsor about letting the $500 be a bonus to the pot and reimbursing him another way (if at all possible). That way, if you do manage to pull a mere 36 people to enter for $20 a person, the complete pot prize would be $1220, a definite hype mechanism.

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the long wait. We will change it to based on participation with a bonus for prizes. Since we are making the change, we will have to have a door fee as we have had in the past. Check out the change on the first post and give me some feed back.

Its hard to have a guaranteed pot and change it with if more attend with out allowing some room to make some money. I hope the change don't affect the people that might attend.

Let me know!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: Nevermind.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Actually.... I reaalllly want to go out to this but I reaaaaaallllyyy doubt that my dad would take me on a 2 hour trip. ;(

kismet2

Smash Ace
so what's the turnout looking like for this? teams would be cool as a side event and lounis you're a traitor

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Looks like I have to stick with Xspot for this one. :l Have fun at this guys.

Soo..... how did this tourney go?

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
Results

1: BigLou ($218.00)+ 2000 Wii Points
2: Micaelis ($95.00)+ 2000 Wii Points
3: TurtL ($62.00)
4: 4GOD ($20.00)
5: Hero
5: Dark Neon
7: Usual Ranger #3 Blue
7: REJ