• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 12/15/2015 Smash Direct Discussion Thread [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
After giving it several hours I guess I'm not as absolutely dissapointed with the two reveals. However for me it still just kinda feels like a big let down in the end. I'll just hope that isn't actually the end of DLC as we know it and instead just an and of presentations dedicated to smash. Although even as a Fire Emblem fan Corrin feels like too much overrepresentation for the series.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I'll just hope that isn't actually the end of DLC as we know it and instead just an and of presentations dedicated to smash.
Unfortunately, Sakurai did state that these would be the last two characters coming to Smash 4.

I don't see them ending this series of Smash games though. I hold out hope for character inclusions on Smash for the NX or whatever it will be called.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
My opinion on Corrin:
I wasn't expecting it, I knew a FE character coming to smash was a possibility. I wanted Hector, Micaiah, or Ephraim... And Corrin being in Smash obviously help the sales for FE14. I just wanted a classic Fire Emblem character. I'm not mad Corrin is in. I just hope he isn't broken and super top tier along with Bayonetta.
But at the same time I already thought Fire Emblem had plenty of representation, and I kinda wish it was character for a franchise that doesn't have much or any representation. Fire Emblem has plenty, but its cool that Sakurai is giving Fire Emblem a lot of love. He's a big Fire Emblem fan like me I guess.
Or I wanted a new Zelda rep.
Bayonetta looks like a character you can't just pick up as easy since she looks pretty complex like Ryu. Those combos she has... Like I said I hope no one is broken
P.S. I really want significant Marth buffs that would make me really happy

KingofGerudos

Smash Rookie
So many people are salty....I do not understand it.

I realized I am a little biased...I am a big FE fan, and I love the Bayonetta inclusion

But there have been many characters in Smash 4 I do not personally care for...Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Bowser Jr and Rosalina to name a few. But while I do not care for them, I am happy they are in the game. They are unique characters that add more variety to an already great game. Both newcomers are new characters, not clones, and while its fine to be disappointed your favorite did not make it....getting upset is not something I can fathom.

Yes, there are other characters I would like to see more...Impa, Isaac or Wolf to return, but these are new characters being added...and optional purchase. If you do not care about them...do not buy them.

As for Wolf....why is everyone so certain he will not return. I heard that this will be the last direct, and that there would be no NEW challengers added. But Wolf would not be a new challenger would he? And just because there is no new direct, does not mean there will be no more announcements.

Yes, it is most likely a long shot at this point, but I would not say there is no chance at this point.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hello guys. I've come here to pour some salt of mine over you.

My thoughts:

-Cloud: Meh. I didn't even know who the heck he was and I still don't understand why in the world he was added. His stage looks cool, though.

-Bayonetta: Never played the game, only the demo available on the eShop and didn't really catch me, but I wouldn't call it a bad game at all. Just not my style. I understand her addition (even though I think that her winning the ballot is pure and absolute bull****) and she looks like an awesome fighter. Her voice acting is beautiful and her stage looks really cool as well. I'm ok with her.

-Corrin is the one that made me the saltiest. First of all, ANOTHER goddamn Fire Emblem character?! Why in the world is Sakurai so obsessed with overrepresenting that saga? Having more reps than DONKEY FREAKING KONG and STAR FREAKING FOX? Come on!!!! We did NOT need another stupid anime sword-wielding character with a counter, let alone another Fire Emblem character!!! I hate his addition and it makes me really mad. I'm not going to buy him, and it bothers me that he's in the game. If they really needed to add him they sould have waited for the next Smash game.

All in all, I would have picked other first-party characters to include over Cloud and Bayonetta, and would have not included stupid Corrin at all. I want to think that the ballot was also used to decide the newcomers for Smash 5 (which is obviously coming sometime) and that's when we'll all be happy. I feel awfully sorry for Wolf fans because it's not fair that most previously-cut characters returned but not him, being so easy to bring back and especially with Star Fox Zero approaching us. It is a huge letdown and a golden opportunity we'll sadly miss.

Mordexai

Smash Rookie
CORRIN: Funny Enough I asked for an avatar character, It was the Avatars from LoZ Ancient Stone Tablets. Except they would play together like Ice Climbers + Link, and there moveset would have been diverse with Items from the game. Back to the Character at hand, I did not expect this, it's like Roy where the game is coming soon but you get to play the character, BUT, he looks entirely Different and Unique, Digging the swords design, overall, He was mixed for me, a cool unique character, but he is a FE character, who currently has enough reps, still though, the Dragon moveset looks great.

CLOUD: We already knew about him a bit, He is really interesting, funny enough I thought Geno was coming next because this felt suspicious, I was Half-Right, oh well, Midgar Looks great. Cloud actually looks fun and faithful to the FFV game, Still kinda surprised. Also glade they implemented the Limit Breaks.

BAYONETTA: WOW, This was a a huge Surprise that she one, that Huge support in the beginning turned out to be a success, thought she was Impossible, but I am excited. She's visual cool, the easter egg with her butterfly shadow, Quad pistol whipping, summons, and the Unique Final Smash, sort of a shout out to how she finishes off her bosses, in fact a lot of her enemies, really like it.

All in all- Mixed but this is a decent end to a game fluently filled with content, successfully well put together, as most games wouldn't get away with so much DLC, but Sakurai and the Team some how did it, hope we get a sequel in 5ma5h, even though it is sad the see Sakurai leave.
We shall forever settle it in Smash!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread is now closed from any more posting. Thank you all for watching the final Smash Direct, and best wishes to those who have appreciated all the hard work that Sakurai has done in making Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom