• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/5/09 MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S.) : Broken Chairs Edition - RESULTS!

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
my ice climbers dash a lot during their infinite this could be one reason why people don't like tripping off. Id love to vs anyone on a non tripping setup if they would agree but, I dont think tripping setups should be allowed unless players at the venue are aware of modded setups they have the right to this.

Xyless

Smash Master
I don't even think that in that situation, they really should be allowed. Possibly for friendlies or MMs, obviously.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
If you can agree to banned stages and Duelists Pro (Honestly, more entertaining to watch than Brawl :p), you should be allowed to agree to no-tripping wiis. Both sides should be aware of it though.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
If that's the case, then you can both agree to a Brawl+ match to decide the match AKA Melee.
Fixed.

Anyways, changing the setups = RL Stalling. It's BANNED!

But I think the limits exist "You must play Brawl. As long as it's Brawl, you guys figure out how the matches will be decided." Don't take that as law, though. In fact, don't take anything I say with a grain of truth. I'm sure Wafles is going to come in and chew me out for something I said. And for backthrowing before 120% as Ness. :D

*edit*

What Pokemon garbage?

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is one minor element in brawl switching the entire game and making it totally differnt game(brawl+,melee) thats a bit extreme tripping doesnt make the game a whole lot differnt from the pure form of brawl

Xyless

Smash Master
That argument holds no ground. Maybe next tournament I should put in the small amount of code needed to make Jigglypuff's Rest into Melee Rest. It doesn't make it a totally different game, right?

hunger!

Smash Champion
Well that pokemon garbage was allowed so might as well go outside and have a race to decide a match.
shugo and i agreed that if we were to ever face eachother in bracket. we'd do a foot race from one side of the venue to the other. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

basically anything's legit if both players agree to it. now stop this stupid bickering.

ORLY

Smash Master
Hahahahah, you Brawl kids are silly.

This is just my opinion on the matter, but if you view tripping as an equal disadvantage as intended in Brawl, then couldn't you agree that it being disabled was an equal advantage? Not to say that whether or not it's disabled is tournament legal or not (that's an entirely different matter), but the fact that it was disabled doesn't make that huge of a difference.

Just make it in the rules next time!

yoshq

Smash Master

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Tripping isn't an equal disadvantage. It's worse for characters who CG. Also, last stock on Flat Zone was too pro lol. Arty died from a ninja grenade.

Also... I'd laugh if Hunger beat a Sonic main in a footrace

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Time for shout-outs! XD

Arty - Always great playing you, Arty XD Congrats on first! Your Link is super-legit. And you need to see this KLAPY kid. He's too good. Next time, Brawl+ will be different! Pokéball's gonna catch that GW. LOL

Sago - Congrats on first, and while we weren't supposed to face each other, those two low tier dubs matches we had were fun! MK vs Kirby friendlies next time? :D

Hunger - It was awesome talking and playing with you! I had no idea you used Kirby XD I'd like to face your Wario sometime! And I'm never Ninja-Spiking you. LOL

Quik - Wario too goodz. Inhale $MM next time!

Fade - You've got awesome IC's. I still can't believe I did as well as I did against them. XD Friendlies next time? :D

DLA - DLA for best Ganon! Seriously, those Ganon combos are too good. XD Yeah, the smashfest was fun, I'm glad you were able to come over!

Wafles - Good stuff in Random 1-Stock Dubs! XD I can't wait to team up with your MK!

Ook - MOAR friendlies next time! XD I had a lot of fun playing with you. That Super-Armor is so scary.

Meneil - Those were some really intense pools matches we had. They were a lot of fun! Smashfest was really fun, too! We're gonna hafta do that again sometime XD

Akashi - Thanks for all the little tips and stuff you gave me at the Smashfest. XD I always enjoy facing your Snake. Oh and LOL at Root Beer Floats.

Kappy - Kappy? KLAPY's way better.

Brian - What a TWSS!

Xyless - Good stuff in pools and friendlies. My girlfriend learned a lot watching you play against me. XD

Moozle - Good stuff in pools! I saw that you played Brawl+. B+ Friendlies next time? XD

Zwarm - LOL Low Tier Dubs, BOI

Oro - That was a fun $MM we had! I demand a rematch next time! XD

DevilDigimon - Thanks for being, like, the best T.O. ever! While this is only my second tournament, you really do a great job running everything!

SpongeJordan - Rainbow Cruise. LOL. I'd like to face your Lucas next time!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Brawl Low Tier Doubles

10 Teams

1. A Kremlin's life (Hunger + Fade)
2. Falcon sparta kicks (YoshQ + DLA)
3. Double Metaknight (Quik + Fatboy)
4. KZwap (Kappy + Zwarm)
5. That really hot girl at the conversation dondongo (Sago + Grimace)
5. Quack and Arfy (Akashi + Meneil)
7. I don't care (Xyless + Brian)
7. Can you steer while in Cruise Control? (Wafles + Arty)
9. Ice Godzillas (Landry + Zack152)
9. Sexymoonwalkupairlinkcombos (Cosmo + Mello)

Can somebody fill in the characters for the low tier 2vs2? I keep track of all this data. PLEASE help me out. XYRO NEEDS YOU!

Arty

Smash Lord
Brawl Low Tier Doubles

10 Teams

1. A Kremlin's life (Hunger + Fade)
2. Falcon sparta kicks (YoshQ + DLA)
3. Double Metaknight (Quik + Fatboy)
4. KZwap (Kappy + Zwarm)
5. That really hot girl at the conversation dondongo (Sago + Grimace)
5. Quack and Arfy (Akashi + Meneil)
7. I don't care (Xyless + Brian)
7. Can you steer while in Cruise Control? (Wafles + Arty)
9. Ice Godzillas (Landry + Zack152)
9. Sexymoonwalkupairlinkcombos (Cosmo + Mello)

Can somebody fill in the characters for the low tier 2vs2? I keep track of all this data. PLEASE help me out. XYRO NEEDS YOU!
Only the last two tiers were allowed

1. :mario2: + :ness2:
2. :falcon: + :ganondorf:
3. :metaknight: + :metaknight: (:mario2: + :link2: / :lucas:)
4. :mario2: + :samus2: / :ness2:
5. :samus2: + :yoshi2:
5. :falcon: + :ness2:
7. :lucas: + :ness2: / :jigglypuff:
7. :lucas: + :ganondorf:

Zozefup

Smash Lord
NO. I won't change the bracket.
I have never been to a tournament where people of the same region have to play each other 2nd round (if the region is not huge). If I have to play Rob Gambino or Chewy round 2 at this I will be very upset. There is no reason for that. You can look ahead one game.

edit: I thought this was the power ranking. Wrong tab lol Sorry about Necroing.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Sorry for reviving this topic but... Which were the pool results (like who defeated who?) ? Which were the final payouts?

Top Bottom