• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1on1's obviously

turner

Smash Cadet
wellagain people havent read the other pages or at least not properly.

right smudge and oni (who is somewhere on this forum) are ones who these videos were posted for so advise them not meee. now can your little brains comprehend that? or do i have to try and simplify things even more?

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
Turner, quit smash. You have no hope, trust me. I would just stop playing smash and wait for brawl to come out because you are way too far behind just about everybody playing right now. I think the only reason you are offended is because you are pretty embarrased that your friends put these vids up. I would change my name on the boards so everyone doesn't know how bad you are...

turner

Smash Cadet
hhmmm no ive ben play smash since the first came out just cos i refuse to learn advence techs doesnt mean **** ill play what i want how i want

i posted the videos i made the account for the sole purpose of i was bored and people wanted it done im not embarreced about a GAME thats been put up on the INTERNET if id be more embaraced if i knew you guys personally because you are such elitist noobs it hurds my head just thinking about it

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Right, I know turner as a person and I can understand where he's coming from.

Carter88, you have absoluetly no idea. turner doesn't WANT to get into the times with everyone, he doesn't WANT to be a pro, and he doesn't WANT to catch up and become one of the best.
turner likes playing because of something called FUN. Remember that? The fuzzy little fire that's been doused out by a torrent of competition and status in the world of Smash?
I'm sure you play for fun aswell, don't get me wrong, i'm the same. The heat of competition creates the fun for me, and when I learn a new skill it's just another achievement to show my opponents and add to the experience.
turner sees it in a different way. He's like a Smash-hippie in my eyes. Likes a bit of a doss about, and has fun annoying the hell out of those who want a REAL match but got stuck with a Ness that jumps and throws stuff at you. He gets fun in a different way.

So before you point the finger, or say such things as "quit smash because you have no hope, your family left you for playing as Shiek" (or things to such effect), just realise that turner doesn't WANT hope, he doesn't NEED hope, because he finds joy by doing things in the unconventional, and in this case, n00beriffic way that he so loves.

It just makes absolutely no sense, telling someone to "give up" a video game (you act like it's a crapping RELIGION, for christ's sake) because you don't like the way they play it!
turner doesn't care how bad he is, he just likes having a bit of a laugh in his own way.
So if thy hath any reason why dear turner should forfeit this game, speak it now, so I can increase my post count and ranking up from "Smash n00b" or whatever insulting term I have plastered under my name, because i'll get stuck into such a gateau of nonsense if nessecary...

Because really, what's the point of going into a Smash Bros. forum and telling someone to stop playing Smash Bros.? I'm awfully sorry if i've missed the point of such a fatteningly oxymoronic slice of advice, but how exactly does it work?

turner

Smash Cadet
Carter is there a reason for saying nillix should quit. Or do you just want to reinforce my decision that you are a complete and uter tool.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Nillix, you should quit too.
Now is that because you've never actually seen me play before?
Or perhaps the fact that you have no argument to give, and are hiding behind such ignorance?

Whatever the reason, i'm sure it doesn't involve how skilled (or not) I am at Smash Bros. does it?

Thought so.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Carter, firstly, I didn't say I was skilled, I just mentioned my actual vague level of skill at Melee. Second, you have absoluetly no evidence whatsoever of my gameplay, my style...anything.

But I see your new method of logic. I see how your brain-cells have struggled into allignment for a descision. Now EVERYONE who posts here should quit! What a genius idea! Am I right?

You just don't make any sense, and if you carry on like this all i'll be able to do is laugh and tear your "points" to pieces, with no second thoughts of possibly over-doing things more than they should.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
I should quit even more than everyone else here? Makes complete sense!

But looking from a critical and nit-picker point of view, stating everyone in this thread also includes yourself, therefore putting you under your own judgement as a bad Smash Bros. player.

You've just placed yourself in a self-created inferiority complex that will dig into your soul, cause a physical overcontinuity theory and force your entire body to implode in a fit of your own self-loathing.

Tough break, mate...but perhaps you're just having a laugh with us all now. Perhaps you aren't acually being SO ridiculously monotonous, and are just TRICKING us with your unfathomable logic. Perhaps you're TRYING to make us think you're an utter waste of time and space...

Long shot, but you never know. And yes, I love me some long words.

turner

Smash Cadet
Carter you've swiftly gone from a slight level of umm well reason but since then all you can produce from that brain of yours is "you should quit". And really your last statement has quite frankly bent you over and taken it round town.

Which leads me to this question do you think about what your posting or do you just let a monkey post for you?

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
I just quit smash, I expect the rest of you to follow suit. Nillix, you should quit smash harder than the rest of the people in this thread. I will never post here again because I quit (or did I?)

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Carter, Please learn to be mannered when posting in these forums, i need not remind you the "Report Post" button below your avatar. It states you may report any posts having to do with rude comments, such as insults, which you have done more then once. I don't want the mods to get mad at me for this, but seriously manner up kid.

EDIT: Woops, I almost forgot the entire reason i came to this thread in the first place!
lol...
Well anyways, you put the video up for a reason... So i am going to give you should take some of the advice they gave you, you don't need to be competetive to play in a more advanced way. + most things such as L Canceling and Wavedashing doesnt take too long to get used to. for me it took about a day... and if it's fun your talking about, these things tend to make the game more fun, because it means you there is more the this game then you previously thought. Well, that is my own opinion at least... maybe you can think of some of these things, and you'll discover for yourself it can make the game a lot more fun ^_^ hope this was a help for you

Top Bottom