• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st CALGARY BIMONTHLY SUPER SMASH MELEE TOURNEMANT

FalseFalco

Smash Master
i got kicked out of a bar for falling over
he said he saw me fall over twice, i said bull****, he said once is enough
LOL

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I once got drunk and started dancing with my arms above my head just thrusting towards women as I slid by them

Then I got drunk the second night in a row and when my plane landed I had to be rushed to the hospital because I went into diabetic shock

and then I was just victor.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Soo What would the age be around? Will it be like full of 18+ people xD, It'll be extremely awkward for me then. Also, who would be going o.0 (just people from calgary?). AND what would the skill level be ^_^. Since it still will be fun if i get 2 stocked, and i still get to learn something. BUT if i get like 3 stocked, and not even manage to hit someone cuz of my crazy, awesomely, bad spacing... Yeh.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Really =.=, I don't really feel like being the only 14year old there =/. But i do want to go to a tourney :D

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
I live in Calgary. I play Brawl. There is going to be Brawl at the Venue.. So why not?

I'm just worried about the age level at the tournament since i don't want everyone to be alot older than me =/

Llumys

Smash Champion
I started going to tournaments at 14, so unless you're annoying as hell, you should be perfectly fine.

I'm 15, lawl. You shouldn't worry about age.

NS has a 7 year-old Brawler who mains Yoshi, IIRC.

Oh, and for the longest time, I was 14 and everyone else here was 18+.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hey Hansel, tough luck though since Calgary is mainly a melee kinda place.

btw, most of the guys are around 16-19 from what I can tell. Even if your 12(Andrew) or nearing 30(Phil, Chad), you'll fit right in.

Pierre, thats cause you're a monster.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I like how much nobody knows.

Anyways, yeah basic age group you'll see is 16-19.

But realisticly, you'll see it stretch more the bigger the event is, and we're all nice people, so there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Generally, unless you're some god, you're going to get destroyed at your first tournament, but depending how good you are, you might still do pretty well, just don't be upset if you don't win, you can only get better if you keep trying.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Hehe, I expect to be 3 stocked like everytime, I'll be happy if i only get 2 stocked. I just wanna learn some new stuff xD and get better.

Yeh i'll probably go if theres going to be atleast a few people doing Brawl =/

@ Scientifically God: Phss, make way for a new generation :D. Melee might be funner/better/awesome/ or w.e you think it is. It's what? 9 years ago o.0. (I'm not trying to start a argument or anything, so if you feel the need to correct me, just pm me or w.e, dun ruin the thread.)

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I don't care what brawl players do, just don't diss melee thats all I gotta say to them, is I don't ever want melee to die.

Also, if it's a real tournament, yeah there'll be brawl players, always, hell, even I could pass as one, the games pretty easy.

actually, you probably won't do bad anyways considering brawl it's pretty easy to go even with your opponent, even if they're much better.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
I think i'm making it worse XD, But i don't mean anything to melee, I have barely played it..., So most of the stuff i say is probably stupid ^_^, but eh, It seems pretty fun, and if it seems fun, i'll go :D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I like how much nobody knows.

Anyways, yeah basic age group you'll see is 16-19.
btw, most of the guys are around 16-19 from what I can tell. .
:3

Hehe, I expect to be 3 stocked like everytime, I'll be happy if i only get 2 stocked. I just wanna learn some new stuff xD and get better.
I don't care what you think about melee at this point. You've earned my respect with your attitude. xD I don't remember the last time I heard such friendly attitude like that. It's nice. Hopefully Brad doesn't ruin this moment.

But yeah, it's tough. Maybe you should pick up Melee instead, you'll have a lot more fun mainly cause that's the main game down there besides misc. random nintendo games. Melee is an oldie, but a goodie kinda thing.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Victor, you quote me as if I didn't know you said that.

I dunno, theres a lot of 20 year olds now though...

Dude we play things other than nintendo games. In fact smash calgary is united in so many ways (we're all playing Diablo together right now lol)

oh, except Kevin, Kevin is dumb, and only likes games with animals. That doesn't blood.

I ruin everything eventually Victor. He'll probably smash with us once and like mega-quit cause he's scared of my hair or something.

WHICH BY THE WAY IS like half of what you last saw it as.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Victor, you quote me as if I didn't know you said that.

I dunno, theres a lot of 20 year olds now though...

Dude we play things other than nintendo games. In fact smash calgary is united in so many ways (we're all playing Diablo together right now lol)

oh, except Kevin, Kevin is dumb, and only likes games with animals. That doesn't blood.

I ruin everything eventually Victor. He'll probably smash with us once and like mega-quit cause he's scared of my hair or something.

WHICH BY THE WAY IS like half of what you last saw it as.
You should have lied like in Dokapon, I'd probably be playing right now =P

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Winds goes in one side, it just takes a while to come out the other

edit: But you comlpain a lot when I lie

edit2: I told you druids can be bears and wolves.

edit3: pallys can be badgers

Ermine

Smash Ace
Winds goes in one side, it just takes a while to come out the other

edit: But you comlpain a lot when I lie

edit2: I told you druids can be bears and wolves.

edit3: pallys can be badgers
Yeah, but I still played.

Edit: Druids can change into animals in WoW too.

Edit2: WoW costs money.

Edit3: pallys are dumb

Edit4: I don't like being a nub at the beginning tbqh

edit5:

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
You're comparing a bad game to a good game.

And you never like being anything but the best at a game =]

edit: Which is why you despise darkling, among other things.

Ermine

Smash Ace
You're comparing a bad game to a good game.

And you never like being anything but the best at a game =]

edit: Which is why you despise darkling, among other things.
Not really, I can stand starting a game and being nubby at the beginning, I don't like being nubby at the beginning with friends that have infinite better stats than me =P.

Darkling is dumb because it breaks the game, seriously though. It's like, "Hey, you remember those last 2 hours of playing you did? How about we just erase it. lolololo so fun"

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hilarious.

I told you, the game itself is made to be that way

If you want to succeed in doing something, why do you force us to play the mode that doesnt end.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
Calgary played Grounders last night. And Castle Crashers this morning.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
man
Last time i played grounders was 8 years ago. All of us ended up just leaving the kid with the blindfold on in the park and going home. Kids are mean.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
XD

If it means anything to you, usually if I'm there, I'm the only person not drunk

Top Bottom