• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st CALGARY BIMONTHLY SUPER SMASH MELEE TOURNEMANT

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
HEY GUYS, IM HOSTING A TOURNEMANT IN CALGARY ON SUNDAY AUGUST 16TH. THE TOURNEMANT WILL HAVE BETWEEN 16-32 PARTICIPANTS, WITH THE WINNER TAKING HOME BETWEEN 100-250$ DEPENDING ON NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS. THE ENTRY FEE IS 20$ , SNACKS AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY LONG. I HAVE 3 HIGH QUALITYS TVS AT MY HOUSE SO NO ONE NEEDS TO BRING ON, BUT U CAN IF U WANT. THIS WILL BE A SINGLES TOURNEMANT. THE TOURNEMANT WILL TAKE PLACE AT MY HOUSE , A BIG 3 STORIES HOUSE, SO SPACE WILL NO PROBLEM. MY HOUSE IS LOCATED IN RAMSAY, A NEIGHBOIRGHOOD CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN. ILL HAVE TWO OF MY FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO SMASHERS HELP ME HOST THE TOURNEMANT. MORE DETAILS WILL PROVIDED TO PPL WHO SIGN UP.
OR U CAN ASK HERE, CALL ME AT 248-5259 BETWEEN 8:30 AND 11PM OR EMAIL ME AT calgaryvideogamestournemants@hotmail.com.

SO PLEASE ANYONE THAT WANTS TO PARTICAPATE, LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE .

BASIC RULES.

-4 stock
-8 minutes
-Best 2/3 matches,
-Semi Finals of both brackets will be best 3/5.
-Finals will be best 3/5 match.
-Double elimination
-Items will be off

Stage Rules
-At the beginning of the set each player will be given the chance to strike a stage, each stage selected will not be played in the set
- The first match of a set's stage will be selected randomly, the Loser then announces the next stage he/she will select, then winner will have the choice of a character change, followed by the loser change selecting their character
-The random stages include: Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
-The banned stages include: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom I, Green Greens,
-Counter picks will include: Princess Peach's Castle, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Corneria, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom II, Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Congo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Poké Floats, Final Destination.
-No one may counter pick a stage they have already won on [Dave's Stupid Rule]

Additional Rules-

Double Blind pick may be called at any time
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer and in certain cases, you may be disqualified.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-Infinite grabs [Wobbling] with Ice Climbers is an automatic forfeit of the match.
-A rowdy behavior will not be tolerated, and people with such an attitude will be disqualified and will be kicked out of the tournament.
Showing enthusiasm for the game is not being rowdy*
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jigg's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
-FastFox must now be twice as fast
-BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

LIST OF CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS

KithKin , nano, Roder, aj, sleak, crow, Ermine , Smarms , BacKItch, Ppig, farquade , Scientifically God, mach5, pit233, foxmachine

Anyone i missed whos coming for sure , email me at calgaryvideogamestournemants@hotmail.com , and let me know on here please.

Tournemant Prize Details.
The winner will get between 100-250$ depending on how many people participate. The prize money will be 10 times the number of people participate.
If the prize is under 150$, it will be winner takes all and second place will get free entry tp the big 60+ people melee tournemant at the end of september. If the prize is over 150 it will be the 70/20/10 rule. The rest of the money will be used to provide food all day long and rent the hall for upcoming events including the big tournemant in september.

How to get There/Adress/More Details

The tournemant will officially start at 12:15pm, everyone has to be there at 12pm, anyone who comes after 12 will not be allowed to participate. Everyone can and should start arriving at 11am.

My house is located in Ramsay, its a community about 10 min from downtown. Exact adress will be emailed to confirmed participants by friday agust 14th. The easy way to get to my house by bus is to go dowtown, catch the bus 24 ogden across from the bay and get off at the 7-11 in ramsay. the bus 24 ogden runs every 30min like this, 10:15, 10:45, 11:15, its always like this, everyday.

Also everyone whos coming, please where clean clothes, especially socks. The house is big but 20+ people in a house for 5+hours will get smelly if people dont get there clean.

Again email calgaryvideogamestournemants@hotmail.com, call 403-248-5259 or ask here if u have any questions or suggestions.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
no probs, good luck. gimme a shout if you've got any problems. I'll start giving word

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wow really cool man. Good choice on choosing melee. xD

lol thanks Levi for helping him out with the rules and stuff.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I've advertised the thread to 18 people from calgary via facebook

Yoshara

Smash Lord
As a bit of advice, don't type in all caps, it will more than likely make people ignore what you are saying. Instead use proper capitilization, because it will make it look more like you are putting in the effort, plus it is easier on the eyes.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Omg Richard are you coming? That's huge.

But yeah, good ****. Keep on truckin' If you could please provide details, as in routes to get there (bus), an address, times and stuff like that, basically everything I'd need. That'd be fantastic.

If you don't wanna post them publicly, e-mail me at Kithsune@gmail.com <--- that also works for msn.

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the advice yoshara ill make sue , i put the letters normal now. and yeah snake 6523, ill send all that info to everyone that confirms that their coming 100%. anyone that knows their coming for sure send me an email at calgaryideogamestournemants@hotmail.com. when you email me just say , im coming give me details. as for date and time , its gona be next sunday, august the 16th, well prbl start the tournemant at 11am or something like that, doesnt really matter to me.

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
also , i just created a facebook group for all smashers in calgary , please join.

the group is called, calgarysmashers

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
16th? Kk. Also, there is an off chance I might be unable to come cause of a lack of money and stuff, but I'll hopefully have some from my father by then.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
superboom, what do u mean risky.
He means he doesn't want to risk going dowm to calgary and getting ***** by a bunch of hillbillies. And not SSB ****. Real butsecks ****....calgary style -.- (bullwhips and cowboy hats and assless chaps)

Edit and saddles.. I tottaly forgot you guys used saddles down there too. not that Vic would mind if he came though........probaly enjoy it

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
mach, its on sunday august 16th starting at 11am, its taking place in ramsay, a neighboorhood like 10 min from downtown. ill send u exact adress after u email me if u know ur coming 100%

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
my bad roder, ill put u on it , and superboom it depends on you man , how your feeling after having that tooth taken out, but the tournemant will be lots fun i can assure that.

pit2333

Smash Apprentice
whats that suppose to mean pineaple, if anyone wants to be neagtive because im new on here, dont comment on the thread. haters are not welcome here

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
he just means hype LOL.

as in "this tournament is getting people excited, let's pump it up more"

It's kay pit, you're fresh.

protip: pinapple, kithkin, nano and snake are all the same person

Top Bottom