• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2-15-2009 No Johns Bi-Weekly Crew Battle

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOOOL whos complaining about

the commentary u guys need 2 man up

haha its all for fun =D

andd dj i appreciate ur style =D

non flashy players are always the best

raaaaaaaaaaaaaape
stupid youtube fruit buckets ... think they know everything ... but they dont know that in reality EC <3's WC ... unless like i said in the video ya hate us for realz lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
stupid youtube fruit buckets ... think they know everything ... but they dont know that in reality EC <3's WC ... unless like i said in the video ya hate us for realz lol
that part of the video is inconvenient for the flamebuckets like celph and random fanboys so they obviously didnt watch it

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm barely getting any credit for my performance in the crew battle, except by a couple people. Thank you to those people. I think its because I don't do anything amazing or flashy like most other players. My playing style is too boring and mad laid back. I just play with straight up mindgames and that's it. I think if I was to take out like 15 stocks in a crew battle with a single Ice Climber, I think I'll still barely get any credit at all.

maybe you should apply your mad laid back playing style to posting, then we wouldn't have to read posts from you complaining about not getting enough props for a mediocre crew performance.

lol just joking,

but not really....

you were using peach, remember?

JFox

Smash Hero
Unlike Jman who beats people to a bloody pulp until they lose hope and interest in melee, Scar is a good guy. He SDs and even throws matches so that we the community feel that they still have a chance against him. He even lets me beat him in sets that don't matter. But you ever notice that whenever you get a lot better, he can still ALWAYS compete with you? Thats cuz hes mastered the art of sandbagging. Who do you think taught Cactuar how to sandbag?

He once told me that every time he's about to beat cactuar or m2k in a set, he winks twice (once with each eye, simultaneously), than throws the match and puts on a big dramatic convincing performance. He says all those two have left are the glory days and he'd hate to take that from them.
I was re-reading my post, and that's probably the funniest thing I've ever said.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I would just like to say...

1. That I'm pretty sure I'd rather listen to the sounds of a 300 lb man taking an explosive diarrhea dump than hear the horrific and, quite frankly, embarrassingly bad commentary I endured in order to watch some cactuar and m2k action.

2. Regarding the "new fruit in town" or w/e comment: Lol I can't wait for you guys to get butt ***** by Mango come the 7th. Only m2k really stands a ghost of a chance.... poor guy. He truly is the dark knight for the east coast this time.

*This public service announcement brought to you courtesy of The West Coast*

Alukard

Smash Hero
I would just like to say...

1. That I'm pretty sure I'd rather listen to the sounds of a 300 lb man taking an explosive diarrhea dump than hear the horrific and, quite frankly, embarrassingly bad commentary I endured in order to watch some cactuar and m2k action.

2. Regarding the "new fruit in town" or w/e comment: Lol I can't wait for you guys to get butt ***** by Mango come the 7th. Only m2k really stands a ghost of a chance.... poor guy. He truly is the dark knight for the east coast this time.

*This public service announcement brought to you courtesy of The West Coast*
u should hitch a plane ride too ... and come get wupped =D

mango is good but u seriously underestimate how good the tristate is

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
and no one ever said mang0 was bad.

it's pretty consensus that mang0 is the best player on the WC and one of the best in the nation...

JFox

Smash Hero
you guys need to get off mango's c0ck and start learning how to play melee. who else do you have besides mango? SS? LOL. M2k is the best, but we've always had tons of other national competitors. And the one good player you have keeps his mouth shut while all his no talent fanboys run their mouth.

Zhu and Lovage are 2nd and 4th best in socal, mirite? See what happens to you guys on march 7th.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
. And the one good player you have keeps his mouth shut while all his no talent fanboys run there mouth.

you must be into irony....

also why does everyone act like there on some sort of regional team, mango beating m2k, or m2k beating mano, or silentspectre ****** everyone doesn't mean anything other than silentspectre ***** everyone. it doesn't mean people on the west coast won, or that people on the east coast lost. it just means that silentspectre ***** everyone. can't we just all be brothers?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
dude P you really cant keep accept a compliment for your side can you?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
you must be into irony....

also why does everyone act like there on some sort of regional team, mango beating m2k, or m2k beating mano, or silentspectre ****** everyone doesn't mean anything other than silentspectre ***** everyone. it doesn't mean people on the west coast won, or that people on the east coast lost. it just means that silentspectre ***** everyone. can't we just all be brothers?
If mango ***** the east coast, that simply means that the best player resides on the west coast. The true test will come during genesis in the form of regional crews. And yeah, we're working to be ready for that, too. So Jfox's little rant was just basically a "yeah mango's better than us, but... but... our second bests are better than your second bests!" Which is of course a ridiculous claim, because other than PC and Cactuar, I don't see any "second bests" in this video that the WC's "second bests" couldn't go toe to toe with. Get ***** Tristate.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
jesus christ ****ing random fanboys have a way of ruining EVERYTHING from commentary to good threads

everyone just shut the **** up, if you arent going to the 7th then stop talking **** because you dont ****ing mean anything to anyone and should just go **** yourself like honestly, i like how the people who arent going on the 7th are the ones riding on mangos **** like a carnival ride, just stop being douchebags for once in your pathetic little existences so the big kids/people actually going to tournaments can talk and have fun instead of putting up with your pointless *****ing about nothing that actually matters or is relevant.

It's people like DanteFox and celph who should stop playing because they make the game unfun for everyone just for the sake of their own cockriding and their own agendas filled with nothing but douchebaggery and just being a d!ck.

Get the **** over yourselves because you aren't winning anything, and maybe if you stopped riding on Mango's coattails for more than 5 minutes and stepped the **** back into reality you would realize what a bunch of ******** mother****ers you are when you have to do things like storm video threads just because we live near another ocean.

****ing dip****s, go die in a jigglypuff induced fire and choke on carbon monoxide you little pricks, and I hope before you do that you actually learn the difference between friendly regional trash talk(THE VIDEOS IN THIS ****ING THREAD) and the bull**** you assclowns are pulling.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I hope before you do that you actually learn the difference between friendly regional trash talk(THE VIDEOS IN THIS ****ING THREAD) and the bull**** you assclowns are pulling.
Please explain the difference, because as far as I can tell, there is no difference. I think you need to learn what trashtalk is all about, otherwise I guess all that bragging you guys did in Pacwest about EC trashtalk being top tier will have been a big lie.

P.S. Take a few deep breaths and count to ten. Let it all out..............

Ryan-K

Smash Master
What are you talking about? Who trolled?

My hate is just aimed at the dip****s in this thread who can't differentiate between random regional **** talk and just being a douche.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
HAHA ok clearly scar is kidding. if you took that statement about mang0 sucking seriously then you are fulll of lolz

**** this ****

good vids guys sorry your thread turned into this bull****

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lolwut? so now it's only trashtalk if you're just kidding? EC needs to grow some balls and accept trashtalk-- not by BAAAAAAAWing but by responding with wit and edge. But I guess you guys succeeded in something because you guys basically just conceded to my major criticisms, either through written word or silence, so I'll be on my way now since I've basically won this little EC **** fest.

PS Learn to deal with trashtalk. And just so my trolling fits your little conception of "trashtalk" I'll put a little heart here at the end so you guys know it's all in good fun. Geez guys, it should be tacit by now! <3

:p GET ***** =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
other than PC and Cactuar, I don't see any "second bests" in this video that the WC's "second bests" couldn't go toe to toe with. Get ***** Tristate.
that's confusing, since you just basically named a second and third best, then went on to consider the people WC could hang with as also 'second bests' when in reality, since you already made this distinction, it's west coast's "second bests" vs. east coast's "third bests" (or fourth bests) where they could 'go toe to toe' with.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes, i went out of my way to use his lingo

as he probably sees it...

EC top tier: Mew2King
EC second tier: PC, Cactuar (I say others go here, but he dropped these names so let's make it so)
EC third tier: others

WC top tier: Mango
WC second tier: others

he proposed that if we threw out the "real" EC second tier, then the WC second tier and EC second tier would be equal... which is kind of a stupid argument, because you can't just randomly ignore a block of players when claiming equality

JFox

Smash Hero
DanteFox, stop riding one dudes meat. I don't trash talk mango cuz I have respect for his game, but I def wouldn't say hes better than M2k. In fact, I'm pretty sure PC is gunning for him this time around so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it to finals. As for M2k, lets just say he'll take it a little more seriously than last time when he ended their set at 4am with a jiggs ditto. LOL

I still think WC sucks balls at melee as a region. Sure mango is great, but he won't be enough when it comes time for those regional crews. The rest of you are gonna get ***** come time for Genesis. EC has always been undefeated as a whole, and we have had the best player in the nation since 07'.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yes, i went out of my way to use his lingo

as he probably sees it...

EC top tier: Mew2King
EC second tier: PC, Cactuar (I say others go here, but he dropped these names so let's make it so)
EC third tier: others

WC top tier: Mango
WC second tier: others

he proposed that if we threw out the "real" EC second tier, then the WC second tier and EC second tier would be equal... which is kind of a stupid argument, because you can't just randomly ignore a block of players when claiming equality
nah dude the way I see it:

Legend Tier: m2k cactuar pc etc. mango too of course
"2nd best": Just an all encompassing, impromptu term I came up with to descibe "everyone else"

I'm saying that we don't have as many people in the first tier as EC, but that our secondary tier could def. hang with EC's. So basically, EC overall is only up by a few "legendary"s (yeah I know "only" really minimalizes it. :/ ) But our top players such as SS and Lucky and Zhu are *this* close to reaching that status, and I have full confidence that they'll be able to hang with EC's best come Genesis.

@Jfox: Now your getting the gist! Keep practicing your trashtalk. ;)

And with that, I'm outta here.

pockyD

Smash Legend
love 'em all, but SS and zhu (i don't know enough about lucky to make the same statement about him) are not really " *this* close" to reaching the level of the other players

players of that "status" don't get whooped by dr. marios and don't get 7th at a local tournament without even losing to mango (yes, nyquil etc.)

JFox

Smash Hero
How come you conveniently decided to leave off the names Chu, Cort, Jman, Darc, KDJ? All of them still are tourney active and should be in attendance come march 7th :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
IMO on east coast

1) me
2) PC
3) Chu (because of going to FL and beating everyone including DSW)
4) Jman/Cactuar (Jman and Cactuar both think Cactuar's better but Jman has been doing more recently)
6) Cort
7) Darc
8) Eggm ---------- spam would also be about/around here if he played more than once every few months >_>
9) Hbk
10) Scar

this is based on both tourney and my own opinion

I think that's the best list I could possibly give for EC rankings at this current point in time

Azen and KDJ haven't played in forever and MD/VA like quit, so can't add them

JFox

Smash Hero
cactuar has never quit. He sorta got tired of beating everyone and so he started sandbagging hard in tourney under the alias hardgay. however, he recently has started getting his competitive spirit back. hes a bit outta shape, but he'll def bounce back in no time.

West coast should make a list:

It would be sometime like-
1. Mango
2. Hugs
3. SS
4. Zhu
5. Lucky
6. That roy who beats sheiks
7. Anyone who can uthrow shine bair
8. everyone who can't
9. rocks
10. neighborhood p?

Dante, you wouldn't really fit in anywhere, these are some strong competitors.

Top Bottom