• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2-Day MLK Smashfest/BBQ at JCaesar's Farm, Westminster, MD (1/19 & 20)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sure. Is there a car from NJ coming or just you?

This is pretty far north for an MD/VA event. I was hoping it might attract some NJ/PA players.

JFox

Smash Hero
Sure. Is there a car from NJ coming or just you?

This is pretty far north for an MD/VA event. I was hoping it might attract some NJ/PA players.
Right now, its just be, but I doubt I'll make the drive all alone. I'll let people know whats up, and see who wants to come. (I don't play brawl, so the people I bring will probably be melee'ers)

Edit: The drive for me is about 3 and a half hours. Anyone feel like letting me sleep somewhere close by? Otherwise, it may not be worth all the travel.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Right now, its just be, but I doubt I'll make the drive all alone. I'll let people know whats up, and see who wants to come. (I don't play brawl, so the people I bring will probably be melee'ers)

Edit: The drive for me is about 3 and a half hours. Anyone feel like letting me sleep somewhere close by? Otherwise, it may not be worth all the travel.
What nights are you looking for housing for? You can stay here Monday night, but not Sunday night.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good stuff that will be exciting

This region needs more Donkey Kong players. Funny enough we only have 2 snake mains now as well, so we should probably get some more of those too

JFox

Smash Hero
What nights are you looking for housing for? You can stay here Monday night, but not Sunday night.
Yeah, I'd only need housing for monday so that I'd be able to stay for a second day, then tuesday I'd drive back.

I think I'm gonna try and get a couple of people (so me and probably 3 others) to come with me to this. Would you mind having like 4 people stay the night?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's all good JFox, I was planning on people crashing here Monday night. Make sure you bring sleeping bags!

Update:
To make things simpler, I'm just gonna charge $5 flat for all-you-can-eat burgers, hot dogs, and fries. If you can't find something to eat in there ... well then ... gtfo of America, like srsly. Sodas are still 50 cents each but I think I'll have free hot chocolate available. Still $2 electricty fee unless you bring a setup.

I'll start cooking around 1 or 2, depending on how many people are there. If you get there after the food is mostly gone I won't charge you the $5 obviously.

GET HYPED PEOPLE! Don't make me post more pictures of farm animals.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I just remembered, aren't a lot of roads getting closed for the inaguration? I'm not sure how the traffic is gonna work out. If I can I'll try to come, but if theres a mob of people out there I'll probably just stay home all day, which is lame.

JFox

Smash Hero
If I only am coming to play melee, am I gonna be disappointed? Is anyone gonna play with me? Cuz i don't play brawl. Should I stay home??

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Confirmed or mostly confirmed coming to this:
Most of H2YL (actually I dunno about this any more, I dunno if Chu is gonna be in the mood for this with his Wii missing)
Most of the Originals
Some of Bmore's Finest
Both sets of twins if they can get a ride
Some other random MDers
NJ (hopefully)

I forgot to talk to Yoster about this yesterday. Could someone ask him if he's coming and bringing some of Silver Spring with him?

JFox, most MD/VA smashers still like Melee, and since it's not a tournament and they don't have to worry about Melee messing up their Brawl skills I think most of us will be willing to play Melee. I know I will.

So it looks like it could be anywhere from 15-30 people here tomorrow. People, please reconfirm if you're coming!

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
yo this will be fun... sorta(not attending monday work @ 3...)

will be there on tuesday though

i will bring a wii(and tvc with two sticks, hehe) on tuesday if that is still happening.

looking forward to getting some good pika practice, watch out guyz for realz.

i will also mm with my pika, or tvc period.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I live in Arlington, can anyone give me a ride there? if i need to meet u at a metro then i can go that far, but i can't drive there, so i needs help.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is the Capitol Beltway gonna be closed on Monday and Tuesday? Because once you get around DC it should be easy. You can go up either I-95 to the Baltimore Beltway to I-795, or I-270 to Frederick and over, or straight up route 97 which takes you within a couple miles of my house.

Anyways, I just got a ton of sodas, burgers, hot dogs, french fries, and mozz sticks. The grill has a full tank of propane and the deep fryer has a full load of oil. And my pig is hungry for leftovers (no meat please). Get hyped!

Top Bottom