• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond SSB64 FULL RESULTS FIRST POST!!!

valoem

Smash Journeyman
question

ssb64 or melee? Im guessing 64... (link dittos, who the hell plays link in melee and wins a tournament)

so was there really 49 people in a ssb64 tournament?!?!? or was it melee?

Im just confused, sorry... :(
FC is a melee tournament. Melee singles was the main event there were 256 entrants.

The tournament I ran for the kishes was a 64 tournament which is the feature event. The result I posted is the 64 results. Also there were 64 entrants not 49. 49 just means a bunch of people tied for 49th place.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
So you got 64 ppl to payout 75$ and paid out like 500?

Nice bank.....
The $75 was for the whole tournament, as in all the days it was run. It included all of the Melee run tournaments, food and housing. I'd say that's a pretty fair payout for SSB64.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
The $75 was for the whole tournament, as in all the days it was run. It included all of the Melee run tournaments, food and housing. I'd say that's a pretty fair payout for SSB64.

Ahh I see. I'd imagine that there were a lot more players for melee then. And that the money paid a lot more in melee.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, probably. Melee is quite a bit more popular in the tourney scene.
Wish I coulda made it...silly internships. Congrats to everyone that participated.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Isai won, what a surprise. XD

Never thought Mew2King was so good at SSB though.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
If I had to guess I'd say it was probably the easiest 300$ of malva's life.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I should've went to this. I'm really good at SSB64. (I have no rep, so that's why you haven't heard of me) :laugh:

How did Isai win!?

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
lol, sensei was *****

well i didnt expect that to be so bad.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
those link dittos were pretty cool to watch, might have been some of the worst filming I've ever seen in my life though.

M!nt

Smash Champion
4 year bump?
This tournament was pretty big 49 people :O

Battlecow

Play to Win
IMO Apex has way more talent than FC-Diamond did, even though FCD had 10 more players or whatever.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It had 64 people

they put a 64 man cap on 64

best we can do is tie :/

Also japan's tournies always have like 90ish, I'd like to see if we could beat that at some point in the future... certainly possible IMO.

Olikus

Smash Champion
wasnt the japanese tournament this year 150? thats pretty **** for 64 smash. When i entered last year it was 92 i think. Still massive result.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Do the massive SSB tournaments in Japan have free entry? That might have something to do with the number of people entering.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Probably, since I think it's illegal to play for money in Japan, but the same goes for all tournaments and it's not like they get higher numbers for all smash games. 64 just seems quite popular there, like more than Melee for some reason.

Olikus

Smash Champion
its around 25 dollar entre fee. But no prize money. 1st to 3rd get a diploma though.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I lost on purpose btw, since the diploma was to big for me to carry with me while I was travelling. And throwing it away wouldnt be good sport.

Top Bottom