• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2009: Worst Of Them All?

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=2396]2009: Worst Of Them All?[/drupal]

well okay, lemme start....

2009, to me, i think its a "bad year". So many losses, disasters, etc. The Swine Flu , mostly everyone is trying to avoid it. it was actually discovered like 10 years ago. i think. i'm not exactly sure. but anyways, the wildfires in Cali. its like everywhere you look, there's a wild fire. umm
the deaths of famous people. i mean its a pretty bad year.

What do yo think about 2009?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
All years have tragedies, they're unavoidable. Why is 2009 any different? Celebrity deaths?

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i think 2009 stands out is cause of the "OMGZ SWINE FLU!!!" and the many random celebrity deaths. not to mention the us economy is still a mess.

me personally, its been a great year. i achieved all the goals i wanted to this year.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think some of the years between 1939-1945 pretty much laugh at this, considering the massive genocide Hitler led.

Oh and of course, there were more. 2001 brought us 9/11, 2005 brought us the Asian Tsunami and the July 7th bombings in London.

Nah man, every year is catastrophe filled, 09 has been pretty tame.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lawl, theres nothing worse this year than there is any other year, What Teran said. For me personally it's a bad year, I've already had 3 peeps I know commit suicide, joy to the world...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I too agree with Teran.

But this year has been personally better for myself after sending my mind through a living heck for about a year.
Now im just happy-go-lucky and super happy all the time. SUCCESS

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The only disastrous thing about Swine Flu is the over-hype it's getting.

It's not any more serious than the standard flu. Stupid media is stupid.

Overall, there's not a whole lot that I think is great about '09, but there's not really anything lolhorrible about it.

Again, except for epic media over-hype.

Lookin' at you, Michael Jackson.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yo Imma let you finish but 2001 was one of the worst years of ALL TIME!
Eh, S.O.L.I.D.'s a jack***.

If you don't get it, news moar.

But yes, Teran and S.O.L.I.D. are right -- there have been much worse years. I mean, the Wii came out in '06...that's gotta count for something.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
lol Swine flu.
What about the years of the bubonic plague? The Inquisition, the halocaust, Either world war, the civil war.
Any year any of these events to place is much worse than this year
This year was cake.

finalark

SNORLAX
and other stuff.
We still have "4 years" left here.
lol
Ah yes, the fabled 2012. I can't wait for it roll by so I can laugh when nothing happens.

Yeah, the Mayan calender ends then, so what? If it was obscure little tribe in Africa that's calender ended in 2012, no one would care. Ah, silly people and their superstitions.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm pretty sure the Rwanda genocide was even worse than 9/11. About 1 million people were killed in that.

Then we have the holocaust again, which kinda dwarfs that.

All this to say 09 was pretty smooth sailing.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
09 was boring.

Lol at swine flu, you take the normal flu, add an animal name to the front and everyone goes nuts.
Dang Media.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Well aside from a lot of famous people dying randomly, (and that's not including politicians) 09 is pretty much ok. for now, (you never know, there could be something killer that could happen in dec 31 11:59 pm.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the fabled 2012. I can't wait for it roll by so I can laugh when nothing happens.

Yeah, the Mayan calender ends then, so what? If it was obscure little tribe in Africa that's calender ended in 2012, no one would care. Ah, silly people and their superstitions.
Although I gotta agree with you on the whole "sit back and laugh" thing, Mayans weren't a little tribe in Africa, lol. They were far more advanced then that. The reason why anybody (logically thinking) would fear their calenderend date is because of how incredibly well they knew astronomy. Their knowledge of it rivals our own today.

But thats a different topic. 2009 I think just hasn't turned out so well because we expected things to get better, and they really didn't. They pretty much stayed the same. Sure, a lot of celebs died. But as my friend said, its just the older generation on the way out.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What's with all of this "was" in reference to 2009? It's late September, we've still got October, November, and December left. The year is far from over yet.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What's with all of this "was" in reference to 2009? It's late September, we've still got October, November, and December left. The year is far from over yet.
I highly doubt that anything that could rival any of those other horrible years will happen from now until the end of the year. I hope I'm right.

*knocks wood*

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I highly doubt that anything that could rival any of those other horrible years will happen from now until the end of the year. I hope I'm right.

*knocks wood*
I'm sure you are, *knock on wood*, I'm just saying that the year as a whole isn't over, and referring to a year that's a little more than 3/4 of the way done as the past, basically, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In other words, I'm a grammar nazi and I am annoyed by the incorrect tense being used.

D

Deleted member

What about 1519, where about half of the American indigenous tribes population died from European diseases? Or perhaps 1945, when the worlds deadliest weapons were used on Japan? I could even make a case for 1918-19 when one of the worst wars in history had just ended and the flu epidemic that shortly began.

2009 doesn't even come close.

§witch

Smash Lord
Swine flu only kills infants/geriatrics/those with an existing complication.

HOLY **** GUYS DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSES

Jonas

Smash Champion
But the mayans were mysteriousssss
Also they sacrificed people which means they possessed dark magic.

OMG a lot of bad things can still happen D:

Xi_Athletics_ix

Smash Rookie
The whole 2012 thing is all Psychology.

The human brain is wired to find connections between things, even if those things have NO realation to each other. Imo, the 2012 thing is for people who needed to find a connection between the Calanders, theories of prophicies, an other misc. things.

The world "ends" every 6 years.
2012-I guess the world just..ends
2006-the devil was supposed to come get us.
2000-another time the world was just going to..end
1994-something to do with war, don't remember exactly.

Top Bottom