• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 3 - Game Over, Town wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The only decisive games in full swing right now are The Fog and The Mole, both of which have slowed. There is no mafia game going on, and there hasn't been one for over a month, so I'm going to host a smaller game akin to Tomafia 1. So...

Welcome to Smash World Forum's next iteration of the great forum game, Mafia! This game is going to be for 7-9 players, depending on signups, but I need 7 and I won't take more than 9.

The following three links are the normal reading for newcomers.

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

Mafia games are a lot of fun, but do not sign up if you do not know that you are able to commit. Being inactive won't be fun for you, and it will slow down the game and obviously ruin it for everyone else. I'm sorry to say this, but as the Game moderator, I will show no remorse for those who disrespect the spirit of the game. I reserve the right to pull you out of the game (even preemptively), and I will not tolerate informal complaints. If you have a problem with something that I have done, you will PM me with the problem and possible solutions. I will be respectful and courteous as long as you are.

The Rules:

1.) All votes and unvotes must be bolded. No exceptions, or they will not get counted. Please do not abbreviate vote, unvote, or the target's name.

2.) When changing your vote you must unvote your previous vote. This helps like you wouldn't believe.

3.) Absolutely no editing of your posts. If you need to say something or forgot to say something, simply double post. Post count is not accumulated in Forum Games, so as long as you don't triple post for no reason, there is no problem. You have only one warning from post editing, and then I will either modkill or replace you. You have been warned. =)

4.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced/modkilled. No warnings for this rule.

5.) Take the game seriously. Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you. This is the purposefully ambiguous mod-powers rule, and I do not look forward to any situation where I would have to flex this muscle. But I will take out the gun if you're being dumb. Remember that purposefully ruining a Decisive Game is a suspensionable or bannable offense.

6.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again.

7.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

8.) Don't break any SWF rules, besides double posting rules.

Win Conditions for the Mafia: If you are mafia aligned, you win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose any more members.

Sign-ups
2. Rockin
3. Ronike
4. Matunas
5. Macman replaced Eor

Dead
X. Stratford (mafia goon) ate from the cake Day 1.
X. Marshy (vanilla townie) was poisoned Night 1.
X. junglefever6478 (chef doctor) ate from the cake Day 2.

X. omis? (vanilla townie) ate from the cake Day 3.

X. MexicanBJ (mafia goon) ate from the cake Day 4.

Replacements
1. KevinM

The vanilla role PM is:
Vanilla Role PM said:
You are a simple chef in the King’s court. You have no special powers and no night actions; all you have is your wits and your vote. You are town aligned and you win when the mafia is dead.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I Want In!!!

ok to what extent are we using those roles, i play mafia alot but i have never used some of those.

edited for a stupid spelling error

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, I will try doing this again now that I have some time and I'm bored...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thanks to everyone who signed up. We had 10, so if someone becomes inactive or requests for a replacement, they will be replaced by Macman. Any other people who want to sign up can do so at any time and become replacements.

All Role PM's have been sent out.

---

The day of the king's 100th birthday celebration has arrived! Our wonderful and all powerful king has ruled with justice and kindness in his heart for decades, and we have come to celebrate his life.

The nine chefs who prepared his wonderous cake have all lined up to watch him enjoy it. The whole kingdom looks on in amazement as the king takes his first bite from the seven story chocolate icing castle cake with cookies on top. He takes a bite... and dies.

Poison! Someone has poisoned the king! Rabble rabble mutiny rabble!

One or more of you chefs is part of the mafia, and has successfully enacted your plot to assassinate the king. However, the doors have been closed in the castle, and all nine of you are left in the room with the cake! You sit at a round dinner table with the cake in the middle.

You have all decided that in order to root out who is the mafia, you will all vote on who has to take a bite out of the cake. When a majority vote is reached, the voted player will take a bite of the cake and die, revealing their identity and alignment. When all of the mafia have taken a bite of the poisoned cake and died, the town wins! If at any point, the mafia reach a stalemate number or an outnumbering advantage over the town aligned chefs, then the mafia wins!

After someone takes a bite and dies, you will all be served water to whet your appetite. Hopefully none of this water is poisoned!

Day 1 begins!
With 9 players alive, it takes a majority of 5 to lynch a chef!
There is no deadline currently set for the lynch.

(Note: The vanilla (regular, no-powers player) role PM has been added to the first post.)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote:pliskin

He has the best motive of all of us to poison the cake:

A) He was excluded from the game.
Poor Pliskin, all he wanted was a little mafia action. Never mind the language barrier, nor the fact that he has made no substantial posts anywhere, he thought he could help us and now he was right! If we had his keen sense of smell, he could probably sniff out the culprit here and we could be done! But no, we excluded him, and now he has killed our king.

2) He wanted cake but couldn't eat the chocolate.
All the poor dog wanted was some delicious cake, but no, we had to go and make it a CHOCOLATE cake, making it poison for the dog. Well, he must've gotten fed up with not being able to eat the most popular cake known to mankind and decided to give us a taste of our own medicine. Now WE are to be poisoned by this delicious chocolate cake. A revenge plan well enacted Pliskin. Well done. BUT I HAVE YOU NOW!!!!

Ronike

Smash Ace
No? Well fine.

Unvote: Pliskin

Vote: Old Age

HES 100 YEARS OLD!!! He prolly just got over excited that our cake tasted so good and had a heart attack when he took a bite. Yeah... that's it! I bet when one of us has to take a bit of the cake we won't die! Now, any volunteers to test my theory?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Agreed....but its the f'in internet...people act goofy..i think its too early to decide anything

Ronike

Smash Ace
...neither of you has played a mafia game here, have you? Wow, I actually only recognize Marshy (marshigo, aye?) and eor here... I don't think I've been gone that long, have I? Well anyways, I personally enjoy the joke vote stage, even if it has fallen out of style somewhat... Eh, whatever, I had to get it out of the system...

Unvote: Old Age
Not that I'm entirely done joking yet, just with the joke voting mayhaps...

Oh, and by the way guys, I TOLD you we shouldn't have used GladOS's chocolate cake recipe...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lololol no ive never played Mafia online...clearly. but whatever. smashers are just inherently hialrious

Ronike

Smash Ace
...Hmm... I feel useless not being voted on anyone this early in the game... Hmm... Who can I vote on... I KNOW!

Vote: Tom nom nom nom!

ANARCHY!!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Vote: Omis

For posting but only agreeing with Junglefeaver, making it so that he blends in without contributing anything, plus his random accusation of Ronike

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
wait yea.....ive also never played online mafia, and like usually im used to playing where the mafia kills first, which actually gives the people at least SOMETHING to go off of........

how the hell are we supposed to find the mafia when we start with day first???

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its called russian roulette. Fun, no? But really all we have to go on is stuff like what Eor is doing.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
oh....i see, hm.....then

well it's kinda hard to like accuse people who haven't posted yet.....o.O

so....POST PEOPLE

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
My net is down at home right now so I will only be able to access this at school for the moment. Hopefully this isn't going to be for very long, but should it affect my activity I wanted to make sure people knew why. For now I should be fine since I seem to spend my life at school anyway.

Vote: MexicanBJ for not knowing how to type a sentence. (And because I've never been able to part of the joke vote phase.)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I mean, who was doing what?

Who was making the chocolate?

Who was preparing the cake?

...who added the poison?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay look, in all seriousness, we're gonna have to come up with a decision.

Either we Lynch someone or we don't Lynch (We can actually vote on a no Lynch...but I'm not up for it, since this gives them the first kill).

If we don't come up with something, Tom is gonna give us a deadline and we'll be hasty on our decission, possibly screwing us more then what we hope to accomplish.

so let's do something while we can.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
err how do we come upon a decision based on nothing? theres only been like 4 active people we cant judge anything right now

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
We may not know much, this is true. What we DO know that from this size, we may have 2 Mafias. From what we seen, we got a lot of new people. One of them has to be the one with experiance within the the Mafia games while the other has to be mid experiance/someone new.

So far, Eor and Ronike are the only two I know who has played this game before. Who else played before?

Top Bottom