• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Melee at Tournaments

Rykard

Smash Ace
Hey everyone!

So I recently attended Justice 4 this weekend and had an absolute blast, but throughout the tournament, I was noticing that a lot of the Wiis were running the 20XX copy of Melee. Now while this technically shouldn't affect the gameplay directly as the hack is designed for training against CPUs, but during doubles, I was noticing that my partner and I had different spawn locations than normal at the start of the match. Now while this isn't a giant issue, the fact of the matter is that there actually was a difference, which I personally believe is something that should be taken under consideration. Here is just an example:

On Yoshi's story the typical layout of players at the start of the match is

P1 - Left platform
P2 - Right platform
P3 - Top platform
P4 - Center stage

But with the 20XX hack it ended up being

Red Team 1 - Left Platform
Red Team 2 - Underneath the Left Platform
Blue Team 1 - Right Platform
Blue Team 2 - Underneath the Right Platorm

While some could argue that this is more ideal for a teams setting, it still isn't technically what is supposed to happen, potentially causing issues for people who are expecting to start in a certain spot. Personally, I do not have spawn locations memorized and did not notice an immediate effect of this, but the question is should this kind of change be allowed at tournaments as it is a direct modification of the game?

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I'm fairly certain if you go into the debug menu you can turn off neutral spawns. So if it is really an issue for people it can be turned off

Top Bottom