• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

22 new comers...... characters coming fast.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
this I don't really understand.. I'm not taking away everyone and saying now there is just so and so, I just think that the characters I left out just might not come back. call it personal preference, I just don't think it will happen.
And If they do then that's just dandy, If the roster does end up being 50 or so.. I'm still going to buy the game.. i just feel like 50.... is excessive.
I don't think that there will be 50 either. I'm just pointing out that 30 is just stupid. :p

42-45 is my guess, as it seems the best bet.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but no. I highly doubt that the Kirby series will get another playable rep. Name one Kirby character that is as notable as the Big 3 (Kirby, Metaknight and King Dedede). I don't see what's so crazy out Sakurai putting unlockable characters on his site; that you don't even have to look at in the first place.

-Knight
Wispy Woods is the only other really iconic Kirby Character, but we're very likely to see the Tree as a Subspace Emissary boss. Because a tree as a playable character would just be....yeah.

ColossalSmurf

Smash Rookie
I don't think that there will be 50 either. I'm just pointing out that 30 is just stupid. :p

30 isn't stupid.. I mean he could just make ridley, WW link and other popular characters into assist trophies like little Mac.
well 40 is still excessive in my mind... but time will tell. how does 38 sound? ;)

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
I think the trend we're going to start seeing now is just a release of the veterans and the bad guys who weren't in Melee (and god willing, Mega Man). Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are going to return, most likely Ganondorf, Falco, Game & Watch, and Mewtwo as well. I'd wager that a DK villain, perhaps another Metroid character, and maybe an Earthbound villain as well. I'd say farewell to Doc, Pichu, and Roy.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
Sakuria did state on one interview that some characters might not return, so we might have to say goodbye to marth, roy, jigglypuff, and game and watch. I think that captain falcon, ganondorf, shiek, and luigi are coming back and one of them will be the next character update. On the total raoster of characters I hope that it reaches 42-45 or even 50+ So when I get bored with one character I have plenty of others to chose and It would make All-star mode (if it is in) uber.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Man... these boards are awesome... Calling someone dumb because they have a different idea than you... amazing...
No, I call people dumb for being dumb.

I don't see the point your trying to make, unless you can come up with a resonable explantion for every single update that Sakurai has presented on the Smash Dojo. As I said before (I really hope someone can find the source) That Sakurai would rather reveal all the characters himself instead of having them all spoiled by the internet. Plus he's not actually revealing them to anyone that doesn't want to see them. Not only does he put warning up(though not good in some browsers because they see the characters anyway). Tell me who is forcing you look at the Smash Dojo.
Wtf are you talking about? Why wouldn't he show all the starting characters before he started showing hidden characters? You know, the way he did with the last 2 Smash games, and the way everybody has done with every game since the beginning of time.

All I said was that he won't show any hidden characters until he's shown every starting character. I stand by that.

I'm sorry but no. I highly doubt that the Kirby series will get another playable rep. Name one Kirby character that is as notable as the Big 3 (Kirby, Metaknight and King Dedede). I don't see what's so crazy out Sakurai putting unlockable characters on his site; that you don't even have to look at in the first place.

-Knight

In Zelda the big 3 are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. So does that mean that no other Zelda characters have a chance?

Hey the topic starter says that there will be 22 more newcomers right? That would be awesome!
Yeah, it would be, but there's no way of knowing if that's true or not. It's just a guess.

I still say that over 50 isn't that unreasonable. MVC2 had 56 characters.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
So a Character with a completely different moveset, different fighting style, different weapons and different attacks, who happens to have her own page in the Newcomers section of the Official Super Smash Bros Brawl site, updated week daily by the creator of the game himself, isn't a New Character?

then explain to me how Zamus is an additional character, and PT is only counted as 1 and not 3.

Because simply having her own page on the site doesn't really hold any weight.

No, I call people dumb for being dumb.
So, I can't use logic to say that because Melee had all its starters on its box, that Brawl wont be the same?

LOL UR DUM! <--this is what you sound like.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
So, I can't use logic to say that because Melee had all its starters on its box, that Brawl wont be the same?

LOL UR DUM! <--this is what you sound like.
When I said that you're dumb, I didn't mean in general. For all I know you could be very intelligent. I meant that when it comes to this game, if you think that there will only be 9 starters and Donkey Kong won't be one of them, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
When I said that you're dumb, I didn't mean in general. For all I know you could be very intelligent. I meant that when it comes to this game, if you think that there will only be 9 starters and Donkey Kong won't be one of them, you have no idea what you're talking about.
11 actually...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There's still many more characters to be revealed, and it seems like Sakurai's going by popular demand. So you can see that Ridley will most likely become a character, knowing he's very requested. Of course, their has to be a probable moveset, so that means that Tom Nook will probably not happen.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally, I wouldn't want them to relese the whole roster before the game comes out.
I believe Sakurai once said that all of the characters would be revealed before the release date by him. He doesn't want it leaked by anybody else...

Masterem243

Smash Lord
The good thing is that he might show all of the characters, but he's not gonna show how to unlock them. That will be left to us to find out.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
This question can be answered with some handy quotes from Sakurai himself, and pictures of his website. Sooo...

And just look at Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard's pages!

Oh wait.. They don't have any?

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!
You've still shown me nothing that says that she is an independant character.

Because you can't

Until we know the following:

Zamus can be chosen at the start
Smash balls can be turned on/off as items.

Because I gotta tell ya, if we play tourneys with no items, and Zamus can't be activated... I think that removes her as a playable character...

Like I said... a page on the site doesn't hold much wieght.

Calling Shiek and Zelda different chacters is fine, they're independant... calling PT 3 different characters is fine, because they work exactly like Zelda and Shiek...

Zamus though... AFAIK requires a smash ball to play as.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
melee had 26 characters in total...

brawl as of todays update has 22...can anyone else smell a 30+ character roster....
Now, if we add Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, (and possibly Ness), that would make 25 or 26. Already that would make Brawl's Roster equal to Melee's, with no clones either. Now if we add in some more characters that are likely to return like Mewtwo, Marth, Ganondorf, Falco, G&W, that will boost Brawl's lineup even higher! That doesn't even include another other newcomers they might come up with!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You've still shown me nothing that says that she is an independant character.

Because you can't

Until we know the following:

Zamus can be chosen at the start
Smash balls can be turned on/off as items.

Because I gotta tell ya, if we play tourneys with no items, and Zamus can't be activated... I think that removes her as a playable character...

Like I said... a page on the site doesn't hold much wieght.
That has officially become the stupidest thing I've ever. Ever heard.

I showed you a picture of her on The Official Site. I even gave you a link to her page On The Official Site.

And then you came and said. "You're still not showing me proof of her as an independent Character, because you can't. Like I said.. a page on the site doesn't hold much weight."

Well, if actuall evidence from the guy who makes the game on the Official Super Smash Bros Brawl site isn't enough proof for you, you are insanely stupid.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Now, if we add Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, (and possibly Ness), that would make 25 or 26. Already that would make Brawl's Roster equal to Melee's, with no clones either. Now if we add in some more characters that are likely to return like Mewtwo, Marth, Ganondorf, Falco, G&W, that will boost Brawl's lineup even higher! That doesn't even include another other newcomers they might come up with!

Yeah, falcon, luigi, jiggles, ness, mewtwo, marth, ganondorf, falco, g&w would make 31. and then we can't rule out the possibility of lucario, ridley (although in all honesty i think he'll be a boss like petey pirahnna), and maybe even a 3rd 3rd party character and i think we'll have a 35 man/woman/thingy roster. while i do think we'll have a 30+ roster, i think at the highest it'll cap out round 40

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
First of all I will be happy with any and all characters no matter who they are as I fail to see how any character can waste a spot on the roster, and secondly I think Dedede was not held of due to a likely involvement in the sse plot. I have a feeling that secret charaters may have no place in the sse.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
That has officially become the stupidest thing I've ever. Ever heard.

I showed you a picture of her on The Official Site. I even gave you a link to her page On The Official Site.

And then you came and said. "You're still not showing me proof of her as an independent Character, because you can't. Like I said.. a page on the site doesn't hold much weight."

Well, if actuall evidence from the guy who makes the game on the Official Super Smash Bros Brawl site isn't enough proof for you, you are insanely stupid.
Man, you have some bad logic.

Okay.

Question 1 - Do you consider Zelda and Shiek a sperate character in melee?

Question 2 - Do you consider Pokemon Trainer 1 character, or 3 individual pokemon?

Question 3 - Do you consider Samus and Zamus sperate characters?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Man, you have some bad logic.

Okay.

Question 1 - Do you consider Zelda and Shiek a sperate character in melee?

Question 2 - Do you consider Pokemon Trainer 1 character, or 3 individual pokemon?

Question 3 - Do you consider Samus and Zamus sperate characters?
Yes.

Due to the fact that they all act together as one, and Sakurai even states that it's like getting 3 for the price of 1, PT only counts as 1.

Yes.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Yes.

Due to the fact that they all act together as one, and Sakurai even states that it's like getting 3 for the price of 1, PT only counts as 1.

Yes.
Then I'm sorry, I wont continue discussing with someone who has such poor logic.

There is absolutely no difference in Zelda/Shiek than there is in Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard. Other than a 3rd stage in the cycle.

They all have their own independant moves, specials, throws, etc...

Basically everything you listed EXCEPT for a page on the site... which like I said... holds little wieght...

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai also said that Zero Suit Samus "isn't a pure character addition" on the original Dojo, if you want to throw around quotes. And how do Samus/Zamus "act together" any less than the pokemon? The only difference is instead of vB, the transformation is triggered by the final smash. Granted, you aren't forced to play as the other form of samus (assuming there's a way to select Zamus w/o using a final smash, like sheik), but you are penalized for not switching in that you're letting your opponent(s) get a final smash, and not getting it yourself - kinda like you're penalized for not switching poke's by the stamina meter.

Anyway, to attempt to stay on topic, I'd say there will probably be ~40 characters total, and that DeDeDe is unlockable.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but I just noticed it yesterday. NONE of the secret characters from the previous 2 games have been confirmed by Sakurai. What does this mean? Ness, Falcon, etc are unlockables again?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Then I'm sorry, I wont continue discussing with someone who has such poor logic.

There is absolutely no difference in Zelda/Shiek than there is in Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard. Other than a 3rd stage in the cycle.

Basically everything you listed EXCEPT for a page on the site... which like I said... holds little wieght...
Wrong, you can play a Shiek or Zelda for the whole match. But you can't with Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard. You have to cycle between them, and use all of them together, work as 1.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And a page on the Official site means everything. This is the Official site. Updated by Sakurai himself.

Saying that it "Holds little weight" is like saying that Mario isn't in Brawl..

Zek

Smash Ace

There's a big difference between Zelda and Pokemon Trainer. With Zelda/Sheik, they are completely independent characters that can be and usually are played for the entire match without switching. Being able to switch between them in mid-game is just a perk. Pokemon Trainer, on the other hand, is defined by the need to switch regularly between three characters. You have to play all three of them in every game, supposedly, so as not to lose stamina(whatever it does).

That said, I think the way Zelda was done in SSB:M was stupid. Either they should be separate characters, or they should be designed to play off of eachother's strengths and weaknesses. For example, Sheik would be best at building damage but have no moves with significant knockback, so Zelda is necessary for finishing blows. If there were something like that, I would consider them one character. As it is, they're just two normal characters that are joined at the hip through their B moves.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Wrong, you can play a Shiek or Zelda for the whole match. But you can't with Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard. You have to cycle between them, and use all of them together, work as 1.

And a page on the Official site means everything. This is the Official site. Updated by Sakurai himself.

There one large flaw in your theory as it stands

This: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/samus.html#3rd

This is the page regarding Samus' Final Smash and as of right now this is the ONLY method known for Zero Suit Samus to even appear and it's been the only method stated so far, being shown as a seperate section is probably for the purpose of not cluttering the Main Samus between the two different forms.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice

Ah, here we are:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070205183025/www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

Zamus "isn't a pure character addition," straight from Sakurai.

Although, interestingly, Zelda and Sheik are listed seperately on the Melee site. Before looking, I'd assumed that they were not, as they were just introduced together in melee. So who knows.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/character.html

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Considering making a comment in this thread, buit I'm not really looking forward to the churlish, childish responses I will inevitably get.

Suffice to say you kids have no place to argue with each other until you can objectively weigh your opponent's argument. Neither of you are doing so. Good luck.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Considering making a comment in this thread, buit I'm not really looking forward to the churlish, childish responses I will inevitably get.

Suffice to say you kids have no place to argue with each other until you can objectively weigh your opponent's argument. Neither of you are doing so. Good luck.
Or, like I said from my very first post... there is no way to argue with the present information we have. We need more information, and possibly actual experience with the game to make these calls.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but I just noticed it yesterday. NONE of the secret characters from the previous 2 games have been confirmed by Sakurai. What does this mean? Ness, Falcon, etc are unlockables again?
I'm quoting myself because my post got totally ignored in this pointless argument. Zamus isn't confirmed as a selectable character yet. All we know is that you turn into her after using Samus' FS. Stop acting like a couple of 12-year-olds.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Even though you have to access her through a Smash Ball, that in no way makes her less of a character.
And what if Smash Balls are considered an item, and tourney's require us to turn items off? Then what?

Smash Ace
it sounds logical that you would be able to choose her first, since we know she can turn back into regular Samus.

Woner when we'll see C. Falcon... or Dr. Mario...
=2007=

Top Bottom