• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I just did the funniest thing ever that will probably annoy people to death if they ever play on my Wii and play as Sonic.

I made it so his idle animation is constantly him doing his side taunt "You're too slow!!" there's about a pause in between each time he does it (it's only for like 1 or 2 frames though, just as if you were PRESSING the button!!) Now you don't have to press the button to do that taunt anymore, it's so annoying and hilarious I HAVE to keep it on my Wii! :D
oh god no

anyways, i was just thinking, if codes and the PAC file say different things, which one takes priority?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Base Knockback.

Remember, base knockback and Knockback Gain are reversed in SA, so Knockback Gain in project SA is really Base Knockback.
I still can't get it to work. I've tried to change the knockback to 100 is it because I'm using for the paralize a special offensive collission? Or is it beceause I don't have anything else for the flags other than the power i'm giving it?

D

Deleted member

people please keep the posts constructive

SMK you should know better than to post that here.

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
I did get it to work with Paralize but the problem is it is either too powerful and therefor when someone is airborn and you use it they die or it's so week you can't hit them with PK flash which was the whole point of having the attack should I just fiddle around with the Knockback until the person is knocked out enough?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yeah, just fiddle with the knockback. I'm sure you can get it to work, it just requires trial and error.

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
I fixed it the only problem now is I can't figure out how to get rid of the psi magnet shield do I need to edit the actuall "Specials" to do that? Sorry u guys have to baby me through this i'm not good at hex stuff

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've been trying to figure out how to do a sort of a "trigger" command.

For example, if an attack connects with an opponent or his shield(it just has to hit in some fashion), then be able to followup with another action or attack. If the first attack misses, nothing can be done after that.

Essentially, I want there to be a condition of an attack successfully hitting something. I've looked into "IF" statements, but the requirements listed don't help. I've also tried looking at other character's attacks to see if I could pull something from there, but I couldn't get anything from there either.

Anyone have any ideas? If someone can help, I will be VERY grateful. :)

just2good

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to figure out how to do a sort of a "trigger" command.

For example, if an attack connects with an opponent or his shield(it just has to hit in some fashion), then be able to followup with another action or attack. If the first attack misses, nothing can be done after that.

Essentially, I want there to be a condition of an attack successfully hitting something. I've looked into "IF" statements, but the requirements listed don't help. I've also tried looking at other character's attacks to see if I could pull something from there, but I couldn't get anything from there either.

Anyone have any ideas? If someone can help, I will be VERY grateful. :)
I can help ya with that, do ya have msn?

D

Deleted member

no it wouldn't.

codes apply after the pac thus those are executed, not the pac

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
... I would think the pac takes priority, since the codes are loaded first. The codes load at Gecko OS, and then the pacs load in-game. O_o

D

Deleted member

not really. the codes are loaded in OS yes, but they are active all the time and trigger when needed. the pac is loaded before the match.

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
not really. the codes are loaded in OS yes, but they are active all the time and trigger when needed. the pac is loaded before the match.
So hitboxes, certain attributes (aerial mobility?), GFX, SFX, and other things not directly influenced by codes are what the .pac will modify in-game, correct?

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
I posted this in another topic, but that seems to be going nowhere, any chance I can get some help here?

Okay, if I wanted to add to an attack, how would I do that? My intent is to change Ganondorf's neutral A to his neutral air A, and have that lead into his neutral A. So like, you press A, and he does the roundhouse kick, press A again, and he ends with his normal punch.
Add to this some questions having to do with his beam sword animations. Is it possible to have him to an attack with the beam sword animation, and either spawn a temp beam sword, or his Taunt sword, that would then disappear after the attack ends?
Also, I know this one is probably getting old by now, but how can I add/change effects in moves? I'm trying to change the dark aura thing in Ganon's side B. I'll use 1D2 as an example. In the first line under the GFX tab (External Graphics Effect) I changed the Graphic value from 00150005 to 00320005. This effective made Ganon's hand normal through the attack. I tried a few different variables, but had the same result each time. What am I doing wrong?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So hitboxes, certain attributes (aerial mobility?), GFX, SFX, and other things not directly influenced by codes are what the .pac will modify in-game, correct?
LOL yeah when I work on a texture hack oder moveset hack I always quit the match select 3 other characters (Until my Wii Memory deletes my hack) then back to my hack and start the match lol

It would be a hell to always start Gecko new.

Best thing would be if there would be a technque (Code) to change it mid-game xD

You press start and your character is new-loaded or something like that. That would be very helpfull o.O

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Quick question! Is the "DamageFace" subaction the character's "just received a hit" animation? I'm asking because I can't verify on my Wii right now.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
@CapatainTenalp:

Your first question. thats easy to do, just go to your Nair subaction (#62) then highlight everything I guess, and press the copy thing at the bottom. then Highlight the animation name near the top and copy it (Ctrl+C). Then go to the subaction for his jab (#48) and paste the hitbox things there with the paste button at the bottom, but dont click anything after that. What you just pasted should be highlighted. So now you need to highlight & copy everything that ISNT highlighted then REMOVE it. Make sure you change the animation name of subaction #48 to "AttackAirN". Now click add, modify it and make it a "Change subaction" Now its up to you at this point I would recommend putting a 3 in the subaction value so that you can keep your normal nair, but if you want you can go change the nair to a punch but that means you have to change the subaction value you made ealier to 62. If you're doing 3, it should be empty. paste the hitboxes that you copied ealier here and change the animation name to attack11. if you're replacing the nair with the jab then you go to 62 and paste then erase everything that isnt highlighted and change the animation name to attack11.

You wont have to press A twice, idk how to make it so you press it twice. It may T-stance if you put stuff in subactions 49&4A. anyways you just press A once and it should nair then jab.

sorry if its confusing, im no good at explaining things.

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I actually just thought of that. I replaced 48 with AttackAirN, palced Attack11 in 48, and placed a change subaction referring to 49 at the end of 48. For some reason he will T-stance (With hitboxes) and then do the thrust.

EDIT: I made a typo, and it works now. Is there any way to make the animation transition better?

EDIT: EDIT: Anyone know what the IDs are for ftilt with a sword, and smash with a sword?

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Yeah, after looking I found that. New question. Is it possible to make Ganon spawn his taunt sword for an attack?

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Ahh, well, I was told that you can achieve a similar effect using elements and hitboxes. How is that accomplished?

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
That's not quite what I want though. I'm trying to make a "realistic" character. One that could actually be used, not another "everything does 999% multi-element damage" kind of character. Which I know isn't what you are suggesting, but there's really no use in giving his sword a hitbox during the taunt.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I was just saying you could do that if you wanted to. But I don't think you can put his sword on other attacks (yet).

D

Deleted member

you probably can, but don't expect it to be close to easy.

I'm actually trying to make ganon Fsmash have the sword swing.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hmm... Set his entry to be the taunt that he pulls out his sword on (I can't remember which one that is, I never play as Ganon) and use a prop modifier hack, then edit his moves accordingly. :3

Like I asked before, there wouldn't happen to be a SFX list, would there? I want to give some of Kari's moves fire and electric effects. (I got lucky and stumbled upon water SFX somewhere, don't remember where though. ><)

D

Deleted member

just checked again, his sword ISN'T a prop. all you can find are (External) graphics. maybe someone can copy over every thing from main, GFX, SFX and other to a different animation (say Dtilt) and see what happens.

just2good

Smash Cadet
just checked again, his sword ISN'T a prop. all you can find are (External) graphics. maybe someone can copy over every thing from main, GFX, SFX and other to a different animation (say Dtilt) and see what happens.
If the sword isnt a prop then im sure you can add that sword to attacks just change the bone ID to ganons left/right hand or something or whatever part he uses to attack.

Segab

Smash Rookie
here's a better, longer list of Graphic Effect IDs

Value / Effect
1 Generic Hit 1
2 Generic Hit 2
3 Fire Hit
4 Lightning Hit
5 Slash Hit
6 Slash Wave Hit
7 Heavy Landing
8 Light Landing
9 Flash
A Wind
B Flat Circle Smoke
C Spherical Smoke
D Normal Dash Smoke
E Normal Jump Type Smoke
F Lower Part of a Starting Smoke Tornado
10 Shine
11 Light Flash
12 Small Explosion w/ Smoke
13 Lightning
14 Huge Shield (L,R Shield)
15 Small Dust
16 Shield (When you shield at perfect timing)
17 Red SHOOPDAWOOP (I call using this first)
18 explosion
19 Small Fire Explosion with Smoke
20 Small bubble that pops
21 Dust
22 White Smoke
23 Medium Size Fire Explosion with Smoke
24 Normal Jump Graphic
25 Cooler Jump Style Graphic
26 Sparks
27 Medium dust blast
28 Very Big dust blast
29 Big dust blast
2A White Explosion thing
2B Small Lightning Effect
2C Small Red Vortex Thing
2D Small Orange Dots that make a diamond
2E Small Dot Thing
2F Bubbles
30 Lucario like aura effect
31 Light Line
32 Bright Yellow Orb
33 Smoke
34 Cool vortex Circle Thing
35 Circular Flash
36 Stars (healing visuals)
37 Kirby Star (the effect when you destroy star box in dreamland stage)
38 Pokeball effect (the effect when they are about to come out the ball)
39 Rockslide effect?
3A fire Explosion
3B Better fire explosion
3C Ice Shattering
3D Partyball Confetti
3E Iceberg (When a character gets frozen)
3F Snowflake
40 Frost Smoke
41 Fire explosion (non smoke)
42 Smokeball smoke (changes color too!!)
43 Circular Lightning
44 Thunder Striking Down
45 Mud (When you get grounded) (dig)
46 Spinning Flat Circle thing
47 Animated Circle type thing (like an unfinished portal you can jump through)
48 Animated Sphere that changes color
49 Flash Fire Flare
4A Dark Circle with flames flowing off
4B Dust Smoke Cloud things
4C Red then Blue Fireworks
4D Bomb-omb explosion
4E Water splash
4F Water
50 Water splash
51 Purple Burst
52 Dark Orb
53 Fire Sun
54 Flame Orb
55 Stars (permanent)
56 Blue wave Flash
57 Huge coin
58 Green Laser
59 Green thruster
5A More Stars
5B Kirby Warp star
5C A Lot of Yellow Stars
5D A lot of Small White Stars
5E Infinite loop of bubbles
5F Spinning Circle thing with Lightning on the edges

list by me, just2good (lot of them found by him) and cookieMONster
(there's still more, I guess)

Segab

Smash Rookie
I'll just quote PW:
PhantomWings said:
If you want things to go faster, you can open the temp9 file in a hex editor after opening a .pac in PSA. scroll down a bit and you should see a list of the names of each graphic effect for that character's ef_<character> file. (in order from 0 up)

You also may want to note that File# and GraphicId are switched around when they're shown in the event viewer.
So External Graphic effects are like Character-specific Graphic effects. It's not really worth making a list of them.
(If you want a Mario External Graphic Effect on Pikachu, it won't work except if Mario is in the match too)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
here's a better, longer list of Graphic Effect IDs

Value / Effect
1 Generic Hit 1
2 Generic Hit 2
3 Fire Hit
[...]
5A More Stars
5B Kirby Warp star
5C A Lot of Yellow Stars
5D A lot of Small White Stars