• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh I see. but like regular trajectories are in hex, so I was confused for a bit.

so yeah, the rotations of graphics are in decimal

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,i have a wind hitbox that blows enemies away but doesn't make them flinch or anything.would they end up flinching of i made the hitbox into a normal offensive collision?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, I don't think it's possible, because none of the wind hitboxes in the game have stun or flinch power.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
oh.
well thanks anyways.:p
sometimes when testing out hacks the stage says ready to fight,but it never loads and there is no buzzing sound,but when i retry it it works.
is that just a minor freeze issue?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
oh.
well thanks anyways.:p
sometimes when testing out hacks the stage says ready to fight,but it never loads and there is no buzzing sound,but when i retry it it works.
is that just a minor freeze issue?
Yeah, used to happen to me a lot (when I broke Mario a little to much).

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Another question.

I want one of the sub actions to give Sheik an item in hand, which event should I use?

I have a hunch that it's generate item... but does anyone know?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Is there anyway for a move to only stack with HORIZONTAL MOMENTUM?

Because there is a parameter (3) within event 0E080400 that dictates whether or not it can stack with current momentum, but I'd only like it to stack horizontal momentum and discriminate against any vertical momentum changes.

Is there such a convenient feature available?

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
well maybe being in the mode to use it.
Try getting the smash ball and then pressing whatever command you set the effect to and see if it works,just to see if thats it.

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
What was that code that made a character face the camera? And, is it permanent or does it only last for one subaction?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know the Value for ZSS's gun?
i wanna remove it with the model removal/adding code

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
What was that code that made a character face the camera? And, is it permanent or does it only last for one subaction?
You can look at my posts, lol.

And it might not work, because what your trying to do might be animation coded.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Is there any way to detect if a hitbox has had a collision? I want to trigger events only if the move hits. Anyone figure out a function or requirement in the if section for this?

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to detect if a hitbox has had a collision? I want to trigger events only if the move hits. Anyone figure out a function or requirement in the if section for this?
Actually, it might have to do something with the last two perameters in the special collision. I looked at all the "If"s and there were a lot of values that haven't been found yet.

But no, I don't think it has been descovered yet. Sorry if I'm wrong lol, but I don't think there is a way to do it, yet.

Also, unless someone can think of any move that have that propertie... hmm... then I don't think it will be descovered. :ohwell:

shanus

Smash Hero
Actually, it might have to do something with the last two perameters in the special collision. I looked at all the "If"s and there were a lot of values that haven't been found yet.

But no, I don't think it has been descovered yet. Sorry if I'm wrong lol, but I don't think there is a way to do it, yet.

Also, unless someone can think of any move that have that propertie... hmm... then I don't think it will be descovered. :ohwell:
It hasn't been explored, but the function 0B000200 is definitely a collision function. I found by removing it I could effectively almost remove the crazy wallbounces Ness has with levels.

Other collisions tests happen with characters upB's, G&W bucket, Pits reflector shield, and Ike's Final Smash.

pretty sure its the function you are looking for, but people have yet to truly test it.

Edit:

Studying further, if you look at Ike's subaction 1EC:

You can see there is a 0B000200 0-2 0-1

This I'm pretty sure acts as an If Statement such that : If Collision, do the following:

Then you can see this psuedo If statement looks like it is turned off after a frame window later on with: 0B000200 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF

Edit Edit:

Ike's SideB uses a similar function: 0D000200 for determination of if it should swing or not.

Edit edit edit:

Ike side B:

During his sideB travel window, the function 0D000200 0-9 2-1FD1C runs

This function checks for a collision, and when it see's one, it points to location 0001FD1C, which has a function 12040100 which sets RA-Basic[3] to <=0

The 11B action then has a check for if Ra-Basic[3] <=0, it changes it into 11D which is the swordswing animation for the sideB

voila, collision function!

Now to determine how to check for if its a wall, or a person.

this needs testing

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If anyone knows how to code self damage ala GW or Ike, I'd appreciate some insight.

shanus

Smash Hero
so it seems that 0B000200 tests for player collisions, and 0D000200 tests for stage and/or player collisions

this is untested, but could prove valuable (esp. as a method to remap footstools)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
It hasn't been explored, but the function 0B000200 is definitely a collision function. I found by removing it I could effectively almost remove the crazy wallbounces Ness has with levels.

Other collisions tests happen with characters upB's, G&W bucket, Pits reflector shield, and Ike's Final Smash.

pretty sure its the function you are looking for, but people have yet to truly test it.

Edit:

Studying further, if you look at Ike's subaction 1EC:

You can see there is a 0B000200 0-2 0-1

This I'm pretty sure acts as an If Statement such that : If Collision, do the following:

Then you can see this psuedo If statement looks like it is turned off after a frame window later on with: 0B000200 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF

Edit Edit:

Ike's SideB uses a similar function: 0D000200 for determination of if it should swing or not.

Edit edit edit:

Ike side B:

During his sideB travel window, the function 0D000200 0-9 2-1FD1C runs

This function checks for a collision, and when it see's one, it points to location 0001FD1C, which has a function 12040100 which sets RA-Basic[3] to <=0

The 11B action then has a check for if Ra-Basic[3] <=0, it changes it into 11D which is the swordswing animation for the sideB

voila, collision function!

Now to determine how to check for if its a wall, or a person.

this needs testing
Cool cool I'll do some testing, thanks for the info

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, please let me know the results.

I was thinking of finding a nice way to possibly remap footstools using this, possibly building in a ledgeteching fix (if you player collision function and stage collision are both true during a damage subaction, allow a change action button press command for wallteching) and possibly hexing in a fix for samus downB to have player collision explosions in B+

All of which could be pretty sweet :)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
My tests have been startlingly successful.

0D000200 0-9 2-offset
does indeed trigger the offset code once an enemy (or other obstacle) is in front of or touching you. Impressive.

Also gleaned from Ike's Quick Draw code is the Requirement that dictates if you have hit a wall. Within is a Change Action 65, with the requirement 0C: 2. 0C: 2 determines if you are contacting a wall on your left. Similarly, 0C: 4 determines if you are contacting a wall on your right. At least, that's been my conclusion -- I've got it so that I walking into a wall causes me to jump as my test. It usually works -- it doesn't seem to detect it if you started already next to the wall.

shanus

Smash Hero
My tests have been startlingly successful.

0D000200 0-9 2-offset
does indeed trigger the offset code once an enemy (or other obstacle) is in front of or touching you. Impressive.

Also gleaned from Ike's Quick Draw code is the Requirement that dictates if you have hit a wall. Within is a Change Action 65, with the requirement 0C: 2. 0C: 2 determines if you are contacting a wall on your left. Similarly, 0C: 4 determines if you are contacting a wall on your right. At least, that's been my conclusion -- I've got it so that I walking into a wall causes me to jump as my test. It usually works -- it doesn't seem to detect it if you started already next to the wall.
awesome, glad to see my theories turned out to be true! Thanks Eldiran, let me know anymore findings

Magus420

Smash Master
0B000200 is used when pulling Peach's f-smash items. I don't see how it would be collision related here. It calls this on frame 1 of all parts of the f-smash.

0B000200 0-1, 0-1 for club
0B000200 0-1, 0-2 for pan
0B000200 0-1, 0-3 for racket
and
0B000200 0-1, 0-0 to put away.

shanus

Smash Hero
0B000200 is used when pulling Peach's f-smash items. I don't see how it would be collision related here. It calls this on frame 1 of all parts of the f-smash.

0B000200 0-1, 0-1 for club
0B000200 0-1, 0-2 for pan
0B000200 0-1, 0-3 for racket
and
0B000200 0-1, 0-0 to put away.
It is a pointer function. The function checks for the hurtbox of a character and points it to something. Hence why its a collision function, it just shows when its touching something.

Top Bottom